If you were in a motorcycle accident in New York and suffered injuries, you may have options to pursue compensation from the at-fault and any other liable party. A personal injury lawyer from our law firm is prepared to help you fight for compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other related losses.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we help accident victims prepare their cases and take on negligent parties who caused their injuries. Not sure if you have a case? Our legal team offers free case reviews, in which we will explain what litigation options you may have to pursue financial compensation for your injuries.
- You may be Owed Damages If You were Hurt in a Motorcycle Accident in New York
- How Working with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in New York can Help You
- Our Team will Help You Establish Fault and Prove Liability for Your Accident Case
- Our Personal Injury Team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will Manage Your Case
- Get a Free Consultation and Tell Us About Your Motorcycle Accident in New York
You may be Owed Damages If You were Hurt in a Motorcycle Accident in New York
When building your personal injury case about the motorcycle accident you were in, our legal team will want to calculate the value of your total damages. We do this by factoring in all the l forms of harm that you have suffered, ranging from financial losses to more physical and emotional losses.
We will list these damages and demand either their objective monetary worth or assign to them a financial value based on their impact on your life. Depending on your injuries, you may have grounds to recover the following types of damages:
- Medical treatment and care
- Lost income and benefits
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Future medical treatment and care
- Diminished quality of life
- Diminished earning capacity
- Disability and permanent injury
- Scarring and disfigurement
Also, keep in mind that you may be entitled to other damages not listed in this article. One of our team members will discuss the full extent of compensable damages with you after reviewing your case.
What We Use to Calculate Your Damages
To support your case’s value, we document your damages with evidence that may include medical bills, wage statements, and opinions or testimony from subject matter experts.
We may call on expert witnesses, such as:
- Medical experts who can support your prognosis and future treatment needs
- Economics experts who can testify on the future value of your financial losses
- Vocational experts who can address any challenges you have with returning to work
Damages Related to a Loved One’s Death
If your loved one passed away due to motorcycle accident injuries, please accept our heartfelt condolences. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your loved one deserves. You may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. In this type of case, you may pursue additional damages related to your loved one’s passing, such as:
- Costs for their funeral arrangement
- Lost income they would have provided to you and/or your family
- Loss of parental guidance or companionship from them
- Medical debt you inherited from them in relation to their motorcycle accident injuries
- Pain and suffering they felt until their moment of passing
Our legal team understands the emotional strain of putting a wrongful death case together, so we offer to manage the case for you to allow you to grieve privately. We will update you as the case develops.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
How Working with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in New York can Help You
Working with a motorcycle accident attorney from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., means you receive comprehensive legal services tailored to your needs. We work diligently to get you the resources you need to put your life back on track.
Our team provides a free consultation, and we never collect a fee unless you recover compensation for your damages. Our services to you include:
Staying in Constant Contact with You
Our legal team will remain available to you at all times, answering your questions, explaining your options, and providing periodic updates about the case.
Investigating and Documenting Your Case
We begin by investigating your case to identify all parties who caused or contributed to your accident and injuries. We will obtain evidence to help us build a strong, comprehensive case on your behalf.
Proving Liability for Your Damages
Once we have determined a liable party, we will build a case against that party. If there exist multiple liable parties, we will build the strongest possible case against each and every party that may be legally and financially responsible for all the harm that you have suffered.
Some examples of other liable parties who may be involved in your case include:
- The at-fault driver’s employer if they were working at the time of the accident
- The at-fault driver’s maintenance company or vehicle manufacturer if a vehicle malfunction led to the motorcycle accident
- A municipality if road conditions led to the accident
- A third-party driver if multiple people were involved in the accident
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
We will calculate the value of your motorcycle injury case by identifying all recoverable damages that you sustained. We will obtain supporting documentation for each one to ensure you recover all the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Handling All Aspects of Your Case
Throughout the legal process, our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., takes care of all the details. You focus on your health and well-being. We communicate with all parties involved in your case, including other lawyers, the insurance company, and anyone else who may be involved.
You have a limited time to recover compensation for the injuries you sustained in a New York motorcycle accident. In managing your case, we will ensure you do not sacrifice your right to recover compensation for your injuries and other damages by submitting appropriate paperwork within the deadlines set by New York’s statute of limitations.
New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Team will Help You Establish Fault and Prove Liability for Your Accident Case
We investigate the case and obtain evidence to identify the party who caused your motorcycle accident. We establish liability for your damages by demonstrating the following legal elements:
- The other party owed you a duty of care.
- They failed to uphold their duty, behaving negligently.
- The defendant’s negligence caused your accident and injuries.
- You suffered medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
For example, motorists have a legal obligation to drive with reasonable care, so as not to harm others on the roadway. If a motorist gets behind the wheel while intoxicated, violates the speed limit, texts while driving, or otherwise behaves negligently, they breach their duty of care. If they cause an accident and you sustain injuries as a result, they are liable for your damages.
We will Use Evidence to Support Your Case Argument
To support your case, we will use documentation and information, such as:
- Accident reports
- Witness statements
- Photos or videos of the scene
- Accident scene reconstructions
- Expert opinions
Our Personal Injury Team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will Manage Your Case
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., assist New York clients with all types of motorcycle accidents. We handle cases involving:
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Aggressive drivers
- Tired or fatigued drivers
- Reckless drivers
- Inexperienced drivers
- Illegal turns
- Illegal lane changes
- Failure to yield
We will also assist with motorcycle accidents caused by road construction, debris, obstructed views, and related hazards.
Since 1991, our motorcycle accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., have fought for our clients in New York City. You may have a right to pursue fair compensation for your injuries and other damages. We will handle every detail of your case, so you can focus on what is most important—your recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get a Free Consultation and Tell Us About Your Motorcycle Accident in New York
Before you accept a settlement or provide a statement to the insurance company, contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation. Should you decide to work with us, we will have a lawyer from our team begin working on your case.
Our compassionate legal team is also multilingual. We can assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.