Recently, hair straightening products have been connected with a rise in uterine cancer in those who used these products on a regular basis. Have you or someone you love been diagnosed with uterine cancer? Have you or your loved one used hair straightening products at least four times per year? If so, you could be entitled to financial compensation from the product’s manufacturer.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our New York hair straightener uterine cancer lawyer is preparing cases for consumers. Your medical records will be obtained and reviewed by medical experts. Your product purchases will be analyzed to establish a connection between your hair straightener use and your diagnosis. Our team will review your case at no cost or obligation and explain your rights and potential financial recovery.
In This Article
- The Connection Between Hair Straighteners and Uterine Cancer
- Compensation Our Hair Straightener Will Fight to Recover for New York Victims
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Provides 360-Degree Client Service
- Get a Free Consultation on Your Hair Straightener Case
The Connection Between Hair Straighteners and Uterine Cancer
Uterine cancer is being diagnosed at higher rates among African American women — the population most often using chemical hair straighteners. According to National Institutes of Health (NIH) research as recent as October of 2022:
- Users of hair straighteners were at higher risk for uterine cancer compared to non-users
- Repeat users are typically twice as likely to develop uterine cancer
- Approximately 65,950 new cases of uterine cancer were diagnosed in 2022
- Hair straighteners could increase the risk of other hormone-related cancers in women
A personal injury attorney from our team of dedicated legal professionals will document the product you used, its potential carcinogens, and the toll it took on your health. We will collect evidence on your behalf and deal with the product maker and their insurance company.
Carcinogens Found in Hair Straightening Products
As a user of hair straighteners, you are aware that it contains chemicals that alter the structure and appearance of your hair. You may not have known it contained possible carcinogens (cancer-causing chemicals). Per National Human Genome Research Institute research, these carcinogens include:
- Bisphenol A
You do not have to handle the burden of proof on your own. Our law firm will consult medical, oncology, and product experts to prove and document the connection between the product and your illness for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Hair Straightener Uterine Cancer lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Compensation Our Hair Straightener Will Fight to Recover for New York Victims
You could be entitled to compensation if you regularly used hair straightening products and were subsequently diagnosed with uterine cancer. When our hair straightener attorney represents you, we will request compensation for the following types of damages:
- All medical care related to your diagnosis and recovery
- All treatment-related travel costs and expenses
- All income loss related to your diagnosis and recovery
- Physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages, where applicable
You do not have to assess your financial damages or collect records and documents that prove them. While you focus on getting better, your assigned attorney will handle all the details involved in preparing the strongest possible case for you.
The Role of New York’s Statute of Limitations on Your Hair Straightener Case
According to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, the personal injury statute of limitations gives you a limited time to file your lawsuit against the negligent party. Filing your lawsuit within the allotted time is critical to your case. On your own, being certain of proper compliance with the statute of limitations may seem complicated because:
- The filing deadline may vary based on a variety of factors in your case
- It can be difficult to determine exactly when the product use affected your health
Failure to file your lawsuit on time could prevent you from filing at all or lead to its dismissal. It will also leave you with no legal recourse to compel the hair straightener’s manufacturer to compensate you.
The best way to understand and comply with the statute of limitations is to let our legal team handle it for you. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our familiarity with state, personal injury, and product liability law allows us to accurately interpret the statute of limitations. While we handle your case, you can focus on your priorities.
New York Hair Straightener Uterine Cancer Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Provides 360-Degree Client Service
Learning that a product you trusted was damaging to your health is stressful. Navigating the steps involved in getting legal compensation could add to your stress and frustration. When our hair straightener uterine cancer lawyer serving New York is on your side, we will:
- Ensure you are continually updated on your case
- Identify the product and the liable manufacturer
- Communicate with all case-related parties for you
- Gather, organize, and present evidence
- Assess your damages and the value of your case
Our team members can meet with you at your convenience anywhere in the New York metropolitan area. We also consult experts who support your case and your right to financial recovery. This can include medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
When clients we have represented in the past share their experience with our law firm, they often leave online reviews like the following:
- Daniel: The team of attorneys at Friedman & Simon is nothing short of amazing…I wanted to give up, but they…continued to fight this case as if I were part of their family…if you choose them to represent them you have made the right decision.
- Andrew: The firm provided me with excellent legal advice. They took the time to answer all my questions, were professional staff, were easy to get a hold of, and always called me back within a day if not sooner…Very happy and strongly recommended.
Browse our history of client verdicts and settlements on our case results page and see why you can trust our law firm to fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Click to contact our New York Personal Injury Lawyers today
Get a Free Consultation on Your Hair Straightener Case
Were you or was someone you love recently diagnosed with uterine cancer after using hair straightening products? If you were, our hair straightener uterine cancer lawyer serving New York will fight for compensation from the product’s manufacturer.
Call our consultation team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to find out how hard we will fight for you.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form