Office InformationAddress Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
390 N Broadway #210 Jericho, NY 11753
If you or a loved one suffered an injury and other damages in an accident, you might be entitled to receive compensation from the party or parties who caused it.
Our law firm, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., helps accident victims in New York fight for the financial recovery they deserve after suffering injuries caused by negligence. A personal injury lawyer from our team will help you bring your claim or lawsuit forward after we review the case in a free consultation.
In This Article
- We Will Review the Case to See Which of Your Damages Could be Compensable
- Pay Attention to New York’s Statute of Limitations and How it Affects Your Case
- Our Law Firm Doesn’t Charge Attorney’s Fees Unless We Win
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Work With a Personal Injury Lawyer in NYC
We Will Review the Case to See Which of Your Damages Could be Compensable
Once we review your case, we will evaluate the damages you experienced and what is potentially compensable. We will then calculate to see how much financial compensation you qualify to pursue.
Each personal injury case is unique, so the compensation award will be based on your economic damages and an equivalent financial value for your other non-economic damages. Depending on what you suffered, you could receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Income and benefits loss
- Reduced earning potential
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
This is not a conclusive list of damages, so New York law could entitle you to other losses.
Additionally, if you are filing for compensation on behalf of a late loved one, we offer our wholehearted condolences and legal support. You may be able to pursue damages specific to their passing in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. These damages range from funeral expenses to loss of parental guidance, depending on your relationship to the loved one. Our personal injury team has the resources to help you build the case
When you decide to work with a personal injury lawyer from our law firm, they are not the only person you’ll be working with. Our legal team, based in New York, works together to help build strong, comprehensive cases for our clients.
It takes a team effort to prepare for litigation, even if you never step foot in court. So, to give an idea, here are just a few of the services we offer to our clients:
- Updates on the case: Throughout your legal journey, we will inform you when any updates occur, such as when the court hearing date is scheduled or if the insurance company sent a settlement offer.
- Private investigation into your injury: Depending on how you were injured, whether you were injured immediately after an accident or discovered the injury later, you might not have all the information necessary to start building a Our legal team will conduct our own investigation to identify liable parties and what caused your injury.
- Communication services: It is common for insurance companies or opposing legal attorneys to reach out to the plaintiff for statements, which can put them in a vulnerable position. You can refer these and other interested parties to us, and we will handle these matters for you to protect the
- Evidence retrieval: As we investigate the case, we will also look for evidence that can support it. This could involve contacting witnesses for testimony, subpoenaing records or video footage from companies or private residences, or consulting expert witnesses for analysis.
- Damage assessment: As mentioned, we will help you calculate an approximate value of your damages based on the evidence we have.
- Legal representation: One of our personal injury lawyers will represent you throughout the case, whether at mediation meetings or in a trial.
Our Case Results Show How Hard We Work for Our Clients
Since 1991, our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has helped accident victims of all kinds hold negligent parties accountable. Our attorneys have won millions for our clients, and we aim to keep fighting for appropriate compensation for each client we take on.
Some of our case results include the following:
- We helped a 49-year-old man win $10,306,000 for his subway accident-related injuries, which included multiple fractures and a leg amputation.
- We helped a construction worker win $9,876,000 after he fell off a ladder and suffered multiple injuries to his back, shoulder, and ankle.
- We helped a pre-school care center worker win $4,100,000 after she suffered a spinal cord injury in a car accident. She was a passenger inside the vehicle.
Every personal injury case is different. Still, when calculating your damages, we will aim for compensation that addresses your current and future circumstances.
Pay Attention to New York’s Statute of Limitations and How it Affects Your Case
Many people opt to go forward with an insurance claim to settle their case. Still, you might decide to have us file a lawsuit on your behalf if the other party’s insurance company does not agree to your terms.
Still, your time is limited when it comes to filing a lawsuit, so you will want to keep track of the case’s filing deadline. This deadline is set by one of New York’s statutes of limitations, which varies by case type. You can find general deadlines in:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214 for most personal injury cases, excluding cases where you name a municipality as the liable party
- CVP214-A for medical malpractice cases
- Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 for wrongful death cases
Our team will review it and identify which statutory deadline applies to your case. We will also take appropriate steps to file the case on time, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Our Law Firm Doesn’t Charge Attorney’s Fees Unless We Win
Our legal team charges a contingency fee, meaning our attorneys do not charge hourly rates for their services. Instead, our legal services are paid through a percentage of your compensation award, which we will discuss during your first consultation with us.
Working on a contingency-fee basis allows clients like you to afford our services regardless of your current financial state. We understand that you want to pursue litigation because accident-related injuries brought up several financial setbacks. As such, we agree to:
- Only charge our attorney’s fees if we win your case
- Explain all of our legal fees before we begin working on the case (so no surprise fees)
- Take our fee out of your compensation award, not your pocket
If you have additional questions, one of our team members will answer them during the free consultation.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Work With a Personal Injury Lawyer in NYC
If you were a victim of a preventable accident in New York, be it in the greater metropolitan area or on Long Island, reach out to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to represent the case. A personal injury lawyer from our team will fight for your right to receive compensation for your injuries.
Call today to receive a free case evaluation from our law firm.
New York, New York Personal Injury Lawyer
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Accidents Involving Tourists
- Amazon Delivery Truck Accidents
- Asbestos Exposure Injury
- Bicycle Accidents
- Birth Injury
- Building Collapse Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Central Park
- Child Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Construction Falls from Heights Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Dangerous Road Conditions Accidents
- Defective Tire Accidents
- Demolition Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Electrocution Accidents
- Empire State Building
- Falling Object Injuries
- Fire and Explosion Accidents
- Food Delivery Car Accidents
- Forklift Accidents
- Grand Central Station
- Hotel Accidents
- Ladder Accidents
- Lyft Accidents
- Machinery Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Met Museum Slip and Fall Accidents
- Misuse of Tools Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Neck Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Police Misconduct Injury
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Sexual Assault Injury
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Statue of Liberty
- Talcum Powder and Ovarian Cancer
- Taxi Accidents
- Times Square
- Tour Bus Injury
- Toxic Exposure Injury
- Trip and Fall Construction Site Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Tunnel Construction Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Utility Construction Accidents
- Vision and Hearing Loss Injury
- Welding Accidents
- Window Washing Accidents