Office InformationAddress Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
390 N Broadway #210 Jericho, NY 11753
If you or a loved one suffered an injury or other damages in an accident, you could receive compensation from the party or parties who caused it. New York law allows victims of another’s careless and reckless behavior to hold that party legally responsible for any resulting losses. As a result, you could seek compensation based on your injuries, including financial, emotional, and physical harm.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., helps accident victims in the New York area fight for the financial recovery they deserve after suffering injuries caused by negligence. A New York personal injury lawyer from our team will bring your claim or lawsuit forward after reviewing the case in a free consultation.
In This Article
- We Will Review the Case to Determine Your Compensable Damages
- Work With an Experienced Legal Team
- Pay Attention to New York’s Statute of Limitations and How It Affects Your Case
- Our Law Firm doesn’t Charge Attorney’s Fees Unless We Win
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Work With a Personal Injury Lawyer in NYC
We Will Review the Case to Determine Your Compensable Damages
During our initial complimentary consultation, we discuss the incident and injuries, evaluate the strength of the case, and explain how our lawyers handle similar cases. We also answer questions about our services and contingency-fee payment structure. As a result, our clients never pay upfront fees.
When you choose us to represent you, we begin working on your case right away. First, we will gather evidence to evaluate the damages you experienced and what is potentially compensable. We will then calculate how much financial compensation you qualify to pursue. Because of the unique nature of every case, this first step of a thorough investigation is critically important in order for us to ultimately determine what an appropriate settlement might look like in your case.
Damages You Could Recover
No two personal injury cases are identical. Any compensation award you ultimately win must be based on your economic damages and an equivalent financial value for your other noneconomic damages. Depending on what you suffered, you could receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced earning potential
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
This is not an exhaustive list of damages. New York law could entitle you to other losses. These could include additional economic or noneconomic losses.
Handling a Wrongful Death Claim
If you seek compensation on behalf of a deceased loved one, we offer our wholehearted condolences and legal support. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
You could pursue damages specific to their passing in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. These damages range from funeral expenses to loss of the relationship depending on the nature of your relationship to the loved one was. For example, a spouse could claim loss of consortium, which represents the special types of loss a person experiences when a husband or wife is a wrongful death victim. A child could claim loss of parental guidance and affection. We are thoroughly familiar with every form of compensable damage and our personal injury team has the resources to build the most compelling case possible.
Work With an Experienced Legal Team
When you decide to work with a personal injury lawyer from our law firm, you’ll have the benefits of our team of legal professionals working for you as well. Based on Long Island, we work together to build solid and comprehensive cases for our clients. It takes a team effort to prepare for litigation, even if you never step foot in court. So, to give an idea, here are just a few of the services we offer to our clients:
- Updates on the case: We will inform you when any updates occur throughout your legal journey, such as when the court schedules a hearing date or if the insurance company sends a settlement offer. We make ourselves available to take your calls, texts, or emails and address any concerns you have at any time during this process.
- Private investigation into your injury: Depending on how you were injured, whether you were injured immediately after an accident or discovered the injury later, you might not have all the information necessary to start building a case. Our legal team will investigate to identify liable parties and what caused your injury.
- Communication services: It is common for insurance companies or opposing legal attorneys to reach out to the plaintiff for statements, putting them in a vulnerable position. Instead, refer these and other interested parties to us, and we will handle these matters for you to protect your right to seek appropriate compensation based on the facts of your case.
- Evidence retrieval: As we investigate the case, we also look for evidence that supports your claim. This evidence could involve contacting witnesses for testimony, subpoenaing records or video footage from companies or private residences, or consulting expert witnesses for analysis.
- Damage assessment: As mentioned, we calculate an approximate value of your damages based on the evidence we have. This calculation ensures you know the appropriate value of your claim and informs you when to settle with the insurer during negotiations.
- Legal representation: One of our personal injury lawyers will represent you throughout the case, whether in negotiations, mediation meetings, or a trial.
Our Case Results Show How Hard We Work for Our Clients
Since 1991, our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has helped accident victims of all kinds hold negligent parties accountable. Our attorneys have won millions for our clients, and we aim to keep fighting for appropriate compensation for each client we take on.
Some of our case results include the following:
- We won $10,306,000 for our client, a 49-year-old man, for his subway accident-related injuries, including multiple fractures and a leg amputation.
- We won $9,876,000 for our client, an injured construction worker after he fell off a ladder and suffered multiple injuries to his back, shoulder, and ankle.
- We won $4,100,000 for our client, a preschool care center worker after she suffered a spinal cord injury in a car accident. She was a passenger inside the vehicle.
Every personal injury case is different. When calculating your damages, we will aim for compensation that addresses your current and future circumstances. We tailor the work we do and the results we fight for to your unique, individual circumstances. We are dedicated to handling each clients’ claim and seeking the best possible outcome for them based on the facts of their case.
Pay Attention to New York’s Statute of Limitations and How It Affects Your Case
Many injured clients are best served by going forward with an insurance claim to settle their case. This method is the most common way we secure a financial award for our clients. As a result, we frequently negotiate an appropriate settlement and we avoid filing a lawsuit or going to trial.
Still, your case may be one where you are best served by having us file a lawsuit on your behalf. This is frequently the case if the other party’s insurance company does not agree to appropriate settlement terms. We will advise you whether this is a good option in your case and if we believe we need to move forward with legal action because negotiations alone are not working to deliver the results we believe you deserve and are entitled to recover.
Another factor in deciding whether to file a lawsuit is whether we’re nearing the expiration of the statute of limitations. We’ll keep track of the case’s filing deadline set by one of New York’s statutes of limitations, which varies by case type. We know this is crucial for protecting our clients’ rights, so we take it very seriously.
You’ll find general deadlines in:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CPLR ) § 214 for most personal injury cases, excluding cases where you name a municipality as the liable party
- CPLR § 214-A for medical malpractice cases
- Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) § 5-4.1 for wrongful death cases
Our Law Firm doesn’t Charge Attorney’s Fees Unless We Win
Our legal team charges a contingency fee, meaning our attorneys do not charge hourly rates for their services. Instead, our legal services are paid through a percentage of your compensation award, which we will discuss during your first consultation with us.
Working on a contingency-fee-basis allows clients like you to afford our services regardless of your current financial state. We understand that you want to pursue litigation because accident-related injuries brought several financial setbacks. As such, we agree to:
- Only charge our attorney’s fees if we win your case
- Explain all our legal fees before we begin working on the case, so there are no surprise fees
- Take our fee out of your compensation award, not your pocket
Along with our free case reviews, we serve personal injury accident victims by working based on a contingency fee. We understand that victims might otherwise be unable to recover appropriate compensation. Thus, we want you to feel confident about your claim and potential financial recovery, and we believe our representation will provide that.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Work With a Personal Injury Lawyer in NYC
If you were a victim of a preventable accident in New York, be it in the greater metropolitan area or on Long Island, reach out to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to represent you in the case. A personal injury lawyer from our team will fight for your right to receive compensation for your injuries.
Call (516) 932-0400 today to receive a free case evaluation from our law firm.
New York, New York Personal Injury Lawyer
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Accidents Involving Tourists
- Amazon Delivery Truck Accidents
- Asbestos Exposure Injury
- Bicycle Accidents
- Birth Injury
- Building Collapse Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Central Park
- Child Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Construction Falls from Heights Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Dangerous Road Conditions Accidents
- Defective Tire Accidents
- Demolition Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Electrocution Accidents
- Empire State Building
- Falling Object Injuries
- Fire and Explosion Accidents
- Food Delivery Car Accidents
- Forklift Accidents
- Grand Central Station
- Hotel Accidents
- Ladder Accidents
- Lyft Accidents
- Machinery Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Met Museum Slip and Fall Accidents
- Misuse of Tools Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Neck Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Police Misconduct Injury
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Sexual Assault
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Statue of Liberty
- Talcum Powder and Ovarian Cancer
- Taxi Accidents
- Times Square
- Tour Bus Injury
- Toxic Exposure Injury
- Trip and Fall Construction Site Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Tunnel Construction Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Utility Construction Accidents
- Vision and Hearing Loss Injury
- Welding Accidents
- Window Washing Accidents