A negligent accident does not need to define your life in a negative way. Personal injury cases can have a positive outcome for you and your loved ones. Even though being injured can be devastating, it is our goal to help our clients build a better life. If another party is found liable for your injuries, you may qualify for compensation and we are here to work toward making that happen.
When you hire a Brentwood personal injury lawyer at our firm, we will carefully examine your case and help you understand your legal options moving forward—but that is only the beginning. Our attorneys will provide much more than legal advice during your proceedings. We will fight for your case every step of the way, from start to finish. We provide many different legal services to address your needs:
- Periodic updates on the progress of your case
- Identification of the parties who were liable for your accident
- Communication with all parties on your behalf
- Evidence collection to reveal the truth behind your claims
- Valuation of your case to reflect your overall pain and suffering
- Relentless advocacy on your behalf
To discuss our Brentwood personal injury services and receive your free consultation, contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. representative today at (516) 932-0400.
In This Article
- Suffolk County Accident and Injury Statistics
- Recoverable Damages for Victims in Brentwood
- Personal Injury Cases We Represent at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
- Comparative Negligence in Personal Injury Law
- Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting for Your Rights
Suffolk County Accident and Injury Statistics
Here at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we have represented many accident victims in Suffolk County over the years. After working on so many personal injury cases in this area, we have noticed a high volume of accidents. While every accident does not warrant a personal injury claim, someone may be responsible for your injuries. The following statistics showcase some of the most common accidents and injuries in Suffolk County:
- According to the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), motor vehicle accident injuries are among the most common health problems in Suffolk County. In 2014 alone, car accident injuries caused over 12,400 visits to the emergency department and 995 hospitalizations.
- Slip and fall accidents are also common, especially in individuals over the age of 65. Research from the NYSDOH shows that older people suffer around 9,944 fall-related injuries in Suffolk County every year (the second-highest total in the state).
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Brentwood, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages for Victims in Brentwood
Recoverable damages often fall into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages tend to relate to items that can be expressed in dollar figures. Non-economic damages pertain to intangible harm. These damages can address numerous aspects of your pain and suffering. Often, recoverable damages include the following:
- Unearned income and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Medical costs
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation services
- Property damage
- Pain from the accident and the injuries you have sustained
- Assistance with long-term disabilities, including caregivers, specialized transportation methods, prosthetics, and medical devices
- Mental anguish, encompassing lost ambitions, impaired quality of life, impacts on your personal relationships, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and loss of consortium
Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Personal Injury Cases We Represent at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Personal injury cases can occur in dozens of different accidents, but they all have one factor in common: negligence. Here at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we have spent the last three decades fighting for victims of negligence. Along the way, our attorneys have practiced in numerous fields of personal injury law. Today, our firm represents a wide variety of personal injury cases:
- Motor vehicle accidents (including car, truck, and motorcycle crashes)
- Bicycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Product liability cases, such as talcum powder injuries
- Construction accidents
- Slip and falls
- Dog bites
- Uber accidents
- Birth injuries
- Neck injuries
When you select a Brentwood personal injury lawyer from our firm, we will help you gather evidence about your accident, physical injuries, and psychological hardships. After we have done all we can during our investigation, our firm often calls upon expert witnesses from relevant professions and academic backgrounds. These experts include medical professionals, economists, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, accident reconstruction experts, and more.
To learn more about the different types of personal injury cases in Brentwood, contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team member today. Call (516) 932-0400 to receive your free consultation.
Comparative Negligence in Personal Injury Law
Liability is not black and white in the field of personal injury law. Even if your accident was mostly due to another person, a jury could potentially find that you share partial responsibility for your injuries. In New York State, this concept is known as “comparative negligence.”
Thankfully, being partially responsible for your accident does not automatically ban you from recovering damages. In accordance with New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §1411, any award you may receive (and settlements typically parallel this,)will be reduced based on your percentage of liability.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting for Your Rights
Here at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we passionately advocate for victims of negligence and injustice. When you retain a Brentwood personal injury lawyer with us, we will do whatever we can to accommodate your unique needs.
Our attorneys will gladly meet you anywhere throughout the Long Island and New York metropolitan area to discuss your legal options and address any concerns you may have. Our staff can assist you in many different languages, including Tamil, Spanish, Bengali, Kannada, and Greek.
Lastly, considerations about acting promptly to speak with an attorney following an accident that gives rise to a Brentwood personal injury are extremely important to consider. For example, there are numerous laws that govern personal injury cases in Brentwood. One of the most important statutes is CVP §214. This law, known as the statute of limitations, establishes a time limit on filing personal injury lawsuits. In addition to the statute of limitations, there are many other deadlines that apply to claims and lawsuits. Besides the statute of limitations and other claim and lawsuit deadline rules, the practical concerns of gathering evidence, such as witness statements or dash-cam or surveillance video, before they cannot be found or, in the case of video, are destroyed, may be of great importance. If you want to position yourself to have a strong case, it is best to call an experienced, dedicated Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the very strongest case possible on your behalf.
Our team will be happy to answer any questions you may have during your free consultation. To get started, contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at (516) 932-0400.