When another party is responsible for your injuries, they should also be responsible for the consequences of those injuries. New York personal injury law allows you to demand compensation for the harm you suffered.
If your injuries occurred in Brookhaven or a nearby community on Long Island, you can help your case by hiring a lawyer from our firm to represent you in a claim or lawsuit. With us as your representatives, you never have to feel lost or confused as you proceed with your civil case for financial recovery.
In This Article
- Why Choose Our Law Firm?
- Your Right to File Won’t Last Forever
- Your Injuries Could Qualify You for Various Damages
- Let Us Advocate for Your Financial Recovery
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has been advocating for the rights of injury victims for three decades. We bring our legal experience to the table to serve clients in Suffolk County and beyond. Choosing us to represent you means you’ll have someone at your side fighting to protect and assert your legal rights to recovery in every way possible.
We make Legal Representation Accessible
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we never want injury victims to feel like they can’t afford to seek compensation or that hiring a lawyer is too difficult. To make sure that this is never the case when you work with our firm, we:
- Employ a multilingual staff: We understand that our clients come from different backgrounds, and we hire employees to meet those needs. When you call for your complimentary case review, you can request to speak with a team member in your preferred language, whether it is Spanish, Kannada, Greek, Bengali, or Tamil.
- Meet where it’s most convenient for you: If you can’t come to our office to meet, not to worry—our team will come to you in Suffolk County or elsewhere on Long Island or in metropolitan New York.
- Work on contingency: Not only is the initial consultation free, but you also owe us nothing if we can’t deliver a win in your case. Our fee is based on the success of your claim or lawsuit and comes from a percentage of your winnings, which we will iron out before you become our client. You will never see upfront or out-of-pocket fees.
We hope that taking these and other steps continues to help victims of negligence feel empowered to seek compensation.
We’ve Brought Previous Clients Peace of Mind
The attorneys from our firm take care of many different kinds of cases, from motor vehicle collisions and slip and falls to construction accidents and medical malpractice. Our results for previous clients reached into the millions, including:
- $10,306,000 for a subway accident that resulted in the loss of a limb
- $8,045,454 for medical malpractice involving a birth injury that led to cerebral palsy
- $3,900,000 for a fall from an unsecured work ladder
- $2,200,000 for a bicycle accident involving a collision with a van
These are just a few of the awards we have been able to secure. Overall, we’ve recovered more than $250 million to help our clients get back on their feet after suffering injuries in an accident. Our team hopes to offer the same support to you.
What Our Firm Will Do for You
We tailor our services to cover all aspects of your case, as needed. From the moment you become our client, we begin to advocate for you. Along the way, our team will:
- Provide regular updates on case proceedings
- Investigate to identify who is responsible for your injuries and other damages
- Represent you in any communications regarding your claim or lawsuit
- Compile, analyze, and organize evidence of the other party’s liability
- Discuss and calculate your recoverable damages
- Fight tirelessly to win you the best possible outcome
We advise all potential clients not to delay seeking help with their cases. The more time our lawyers have to look into your Brookhaven personal injury case, the longer we will have to build a powerful case for financial recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Brookhaven, call 516-932-0400
Your Right to File Won’t Last Forever
A crucial factor in any case is the statute of limitations, which outlines the last day victims have to file a lawsuit. New York enforces different deadlines based on case type, and each may have its own exceptions to consider.
For example, the filing window for personal injury lawsuits generally begins on the day of the accident—when the injuries occurred, according to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. Meanwhile, cases involving medical malpractice have their own timeline under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214-A. When this window begins can vary depending on several factors.
One of our main goals when we represent you is to identify the correct filing deadline and make sure your right to file does not expire. This is true even if we plan to negotiate an appropriate settlement, because we will protect your rights by making sure a lawsuit is timely filed. If a suit is not timely filed, the responsible party will not make a settlement offer as they know they can never be compelled to pay for the harm they’ve caused.
Brookhaven Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Your Injuries Could Qualify You for Various Damages
A civil case could allow you to hold the liable party financially accountable for your damages. The term “damages” refers to physical injuries, bills, financial losses, and even intangible harm, like pain and suffering. Examples include:
- Hospital bills for emergency department treatment, scans and tests, medications, and surgeries
- Medical bills for follow-ups with doctors and specialists regarding physical therapy or ongoing treatment
- Unearned wages for the time you couldn’t work (future missed earnings and reduced earning capacity are recoverable as well in some cases)
- Any long-lasting physical effects of your injuries, such as scarring or disability
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), chronic pain, and other factors that can affect your quality of life
As we review your case, our team will take note of potentially recoverable damages so we will account for them. For some, this is as simple as adding up your expenses. Others will require us to perform further in-depth investigation as the details of these damages along with additional calculations before we outline your total case value.
Click to contact our Brookhaven Personal Injury Lawyers today
Let Us Advocate for Your Financial Recovery
Our team of lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. understands the ins and outs of personal injury law in Brookhaven, NY. Let us leverage nearly a century of combined legal experience to your advantage. Get your free case assessment today when you call (516) 932-0400.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form