from the at-fault party or another liable party tied to the accident. Through a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you may be able to recover damages you incurred as a result of these injuries.
A personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., wants to help you build your case. If you live in Westbury, NY, we offer to review the case for free and a no-obligation, courteous, patient and comprehensive consultation with one of our team members. We will answer your questions, address your concerns and explain your legal options for pursuing compensation.
In This Article
- We will Explain Your Recoverable Damages in Your Personal Injury Case
- Our Personal Injury Team Will Handle Every Aspect of Your Personal Injury Case
- We Will Help You Establish Liability in Your Personal Injury Case
- What Kind of Cases Do Our Westbury Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
- Consult Our Law Firm to Hire a Westbury Personal Injury Lawyer Today
We will Explain Your Recoverable Damages in Your Personal Injury Case
One thing many of our clients are interested in is how much money they might be entitled to pursue. However, there is no general answer to this question, as personal injury damages are specific to each individual, meaning compensation is based on your specific financial and non-financial losses.
When you become our client, we will begin reviewing your case to tally up your damages and calculate their value. To determine the value of the case, we will first identify which of your damages are economic or non-economic. Some damages may need to be assigned values, which we will explain fully in direct consultation with you, tailored to your unique circumstances
What Damages Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Case in Westbury, NY?
Injured parties have the potential to recover various economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages may be calculated first since they already have a monetary value and can be proven with receipts, bills, tax forms, and other financial documents. These damages include:
- Costs for emergency transport
- Costs for medical treatment and care
- Costs for projected future medical care
- Costs for prescription medications
- Costs for rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Costs for assistive and mobility devices
- Costs for home and vehicle modifications
- Lost wages and benefits
- Projected loss of income and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
Non-economic damages refer to your physical and emotional losses, which need to be assigned a monetary value when calculating your damages. They may include:
- Pain and suffering generally
- Emotional distress, specifically, as may be documented by a mental health professional that provided treatment
- Impaired enjoyment of life, such as the inability or reduced ability to perform pre-accident activities
- Permanent disability, including vision and hearing loss
- Scarring or other physical disfigurement, such as burn marks
- Diminished quality of life, as a result of all the above forms of harm
Potential Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
If your loved one died from their injuries, please accept our sincere condolences. We are ready and able to fight for the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
We will review your case to see if you qualify to pursue a wrongful death action. With this type of case, you may be able to pursue additional damages regarding your loved one’s passing, such as:
- Final medical expenses they incurred before their death
- Funeral service expenses, including expenses to cover their burial or cremation
- Loss of financial support if they contributed to the family net worth
- Loss of companionship or parental guidance
- Loss of consortium (i.e., the special losses suffered when one loses a spouse.)
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today for a free case review at (516) 932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Westbury, call 516-932-0400
Our Personal Injury Team Will Handle Every Aspect of Your Personal Injury Case
When you choose a personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to represent you in Westbury, our legal team will:
Protect Your Legal Rights
The injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will enforce your right to pursue compensation. We will put our experience and knowledge of personal injury law to work and fight for the outcome you deserve.
Answer Your Questions and Provide Updates
We are committed to proactive communication. We will provide regular updates on your case, working as quickly as possible to obtain a positive resolution for you. We are never further away than a phone call, text, or email.
Documenting the Case
A well-documented case can help you strengthen your argument for receiving compensation for your damages. We will examine every facet of the case to establish liability. We will document your injury case thoroughly to help ensure a favorable result.
Build a Compelling Case
The complexities of New York personal injury law require us to put our in-depth knowledge and more than 25 years of experience to work on your case. We use these tools to build the strongest possible case on your behalf. Our compassion and commitment to your well-being push us to fight for the compensation you need.
Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
The settlement or verdict we will fight for will help pay for the harm you’ve suffered. Our team will fight to obtain the best possible outcome in your injury case.
To see how else we can help with your case, call us today at (516) 932-0400.
Westbury Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Will Help You Establish Liability in Your Personal Injury Case
We will need to establish liability and prove fault to build your claim. Proving liability requires that we show the following:
- Duty of care: The defendant owed you a duty of care.
- Breach of duty: The defendant was negligent(i.e., breached their duty).
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty caused your accident and injuries.
- Damages: You suffered damages because of the accident.
In building a case argument, we might discover that there are multiple liable parties involved in your accident. If so, we will help you build cases against each liable party if doing so is a viable option for pursuing compensation.
How We Support Your Case Argument for Liability
To prove liability, we document your case thoroughly and support it with evidence that may include:
- Accident reports
- Photos or video footage
- Witness testimony
- Medical records
- Expert opinion and testimony
To document your damages, we will obtain opinions and, if necessary, testimony from subject matter experts, including:
- Medical professionals
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Life care planners
- Accident reconstruction experts
Because no two personal injury cases are the same, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., provides personalized legal representation for every client.
What Kind of Cases Do Our Westbury Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
Our law firm handles the following types of personal injury cases:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian accidents
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we pursue justice for our clients. Our job is to hold the at-fault party accountable and obtain compensation for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consult Our Law Firm to Hire a Westbury Personal Injury Lawyer Today
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our injury lawyers are passionate advocates for the injured. Many of our staff members are multilingual, allowing us to assist you in English, Greek, Spanish, Tamil, Kannada, or Bengali.
You have a limited time to pursue legal action for a personal injury. Contact us as soon as possible so we can get to work on building a strong case and fighting for the compensation you deserve. Call us at (516) 932-0400 today for your free case evaluation.