If you sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident on Long Island, you have the legal right to pursue compensation when someone else is to blame. The Long Island motorcycle accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. want to help you pursue the financial compensation you deserve.
We offer a complimentary legal consultation to motorcyclists injured in car accidents, along with other compassionate, client-centric services. Call today for a free case evaluation.
How a Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyer can help You
The benefits of working with a motorcycle accident attorney at our firm are many. Our services include:
Protecting Your Legal Rights after a Motorcycle Accident
As the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS) outlines, New York law prohibits motorcycle riders from collecting benefits under the state’s no-fault insurance laws. Instead, motorcycle operators and passengers can pursue a liability claim or legal action if another party caused their accident.
A motorcycle accident attorney from our firm will help you navigate motorcycle laws, insurance claims, and the legal process on Long Island.
Updating You throughout the Claims and Litigation Process
While our team will take the legal responsibility off your shoulders, we never want you to feel lost or confused about the status of your case. We will keep you informed as developments occur so that you can be confident when making important decisions regarding your financial recovery when the time comes.
Establishing Liability for Your Injuries
Our team will use evidence from an investigation to identify who caused your collision and establish their liability in your case. Securing a settlement after a motorcycle accident requires that we prove fault and liability. Proving these elements requires we present evidence of the following:
- Duty of care – the defendant had an obligation to act in a safe and reasonable manner so as not to put others at risk of harm.
- Breach of duty – the defendant did not act in a reasonable and safe manner (e.g., the defendant was negligent by speeding, texting and driving, failing to check for motorcyclists when changing lanes, etc.).
- Causation – the defendant’s breach of duty led to your accident, and you sustained serious injuries.
- Damages – you suffered damages, including financial, physical, and emotional losses caused by the motorcycle accident.
Speaking with all other parties on Your Behalf
Anything you say to the other party’s insurers or legal representatives after a motorcycle accident could get misinterpreted and used to reduce or deny your financial recovery. To protect your case, a lawyer from our firm will take over all communications, including negotiations and court appearances.
Compiling Evidence to Build a Solid Claim or Lawsuit
We will build a well-supported case to prove negligence, liability, and the damages you suffered. Some of the evidence to establish liability and the value of your damages may include:
- An accident report
- Photographs or video surveillance
- Medical records
- Wage records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert opinion and testimony (e.g., medical professionals, accident reconstruction specialists, engineers, economists, vocational specialists, life care planners, etc.)
Determining the Value of Your Long Island Motorcycle Accident Case
Determining the value of your case requires us to identify all the types of damages associated with your injuries. These may include:
- Medical care and treatment
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Assistive devices and home or vehicle modifications
- Lost income and benefits
- Projected future lost wages and benefits
- Other out-of-pocket costs
In addition to the damages listed above, you could also have the right to pursue compensation for non-economic damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
If your loved one died in a motorcycle accident on Long Island, we will help pursue a wrongful death action against the party responsible for their fatal injuries. You do not have to fight to hold them accountable for this tragedy on your own. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for a free case evaluation.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
Why Choose Our Law Firm
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we place accessibility and client comfort at the top of our priority list. When you seek legal support from our firm, you will never have to worry about:
- Consultation fees: Our initial case assessment is always free of charge.
- Language barriers: We employ a multilingual staff and offer assistance in Greek, Bengali, Spanish, Kannada, and Tamil.
- Travel limitations: If you can’t make it into our office, our team will bring the meeting to you, whether somewhere else on Long Island or in the metro New York area.
- Adding to your financial burden: Our services cost nothing unless we deliver you a settlement or verdict, and we take our fee as a percentage of this rather than out of your pocket.
We hope that taking this approach empowers you to seek legal help as you go after compensation from the party who caused you harm.
Previous Clients Praise our Compassionate, Comprehensive Legal Services
Our injury lawyers have recovered millions in damages for motorcycle accident victims over the years. Our high rate of customer satisfaction is evident in the Google reviews from past clients:
- “I wasn’t referred by anyone to this firm. I searched the web and read the reviews so I chose to make an appointment. I will say from day one it has been an amazing experience.” – William Whitaker
- “Highly recommended! So professional! By the end of my whole experience I felt as if they all are old friends. Receptionist is absolutely wonderful. Handled my case with compassion, care and understanding. Eddie went above and beyond. From the bottom of my heart I couldn’t be more happy with all of their advice and guidance.” – Christina
Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Taking Action before the Statute of Limitations Expires
New York’s statute of limitations limits your opportunity to pursue legal action for motorcycle accident injuries for personal injury cases. This law is laid out under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214. When seeking damages for wrongful death, Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 applies.
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we will get to work collecting evidence, filing the necessary legal paperwork, and fighting for the compensation you need to get treatment and pay your bills. Once the filing deadline in your case passes, you lose the right to move forward with a lawsuit.
Types of Long Island Motorcycle Accident Cases we handle
Injured motorcyclists may take legal action against the driver or other party who caused their accident. Some of the causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield
- Illegal lane changes
- Illegal turns
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Poorly marked roadways
- Road hazards
The personal injury attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you if you were hurt in a motorcycle accident and someone else is responsible. We have the resources necessary to fight for the best outcome, so you get the compensation you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consult with Us for Free about Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer on Long Island
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we understand the serious nature of motorcycle accidents and injuries, and we know how important it is to obtain the financial compensation you need.
You do not have to face this challenge alone. Our legal team will take the time to answer your questions and help you take legal action. Call us today for legal help from a Long Island motorcycle accident lawyer.