If you were hurt because of someone else’s actions, you deserve compensation. Personal injury laws in New York allow victims to hold those who caused these injuries responsible for the cost of medical treatment and other losses. If you’re worried about the cost of hiring a lawyer, know that you can get compassionate, client-focused legal support without paying anything out of pocket.
To see how a personal injury lawyer from our law firm in Jericho, NY, can help with the case at no upfront cost, contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Our legal team fights for your rights and helps hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions. For a free, no-obligation consultation, call today.
In This Article
- How Does a Friedman & Simon Personal Injury Lawyer Fight for Your Legal Rights in Jericho, NY?
- Getting Started Right Away Protects Your Right to Sue
- How a Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Firm in Jericho, NY Can Help You
- Calculating the Value of Your Jericho Injury Case
- Who Is Liable in Your Jericho Personal Injury Case?
- What Kind of Cases Do Friedman & Simon Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
- Free Jericho Personal Injury Case Evaluation
How Does a Friedman & Simon Personal Injury Lawyer Fight for Your Legal Rights in Jericho, NY?
When we fight for a client’s rights, we do so with their best interests in mind. That is why our attorneys and legal staff strive to go above and beyond when it comes to client needs. At our firm, accessibility and compassion are major priorities and we show this by:
- Accommodating language preferences: Our multilingual team can help you in several languages, including English, Greek, Spanish, Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali.
- Having flexible meeting locations: We understand that injuries and other circumstances may inhibit you from visiting our Jericho office. If so, one of our team members will travel to you anywhere on Long Island or in the metro New York area to discuss developments in your case.
- Providing free case assessments: We never charge potential clients for the initial case review. This allows you to ask any questions you have about our services with no risk.
- Working under a no-win, no-fee policy: Attorney fees should not bar an injury victim from holding the responsible party accountable, which is why we do not charge anything to represent you unless we win the case.
- Charging nothing out of pocket: Even when we win a case, we never charge the client directly. Our attorneys take their fee as a prearranged percentage of the case winnings.
If you want to attempt to maximize the compensation you can receive in your personal injury case in Jericho, NY, our personal injury lawyers are ready to help you right now.
Hear From Our Previous Clients
Our firm has provided compassionate advocacy for injured clients since 1991. See what some of our more recent clients had to say in the Google reviews about our services:
- “I would like to say thank you to Friedman & Simon and staff for all y’all hard work and dedication that y’all have given me towards my case. I truly appreciate y’all and I will recommend the company to anyone who may need service. Once again thanks.” – Arlissa Barnes
- “The moment the Friedman and Simon investigator came to my home and asked me questions and discussed with me the procedure, I felt at ease. I highly recommend to anyone who has been in an accident to call on Friedman and Simon for both professional help, and the best courtesy you’ll get from their staff.” – Angel Rivera
Our team wants to be there for you in your time of need. We will handle all aspects of your case, leaving you free to focus on your medical treatment and recovery. We fight to recover the compensation you deserve for your economic and non-economic damages.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Jericho, call 516-932-0400
Getting Started Right Away Protects Your Right to Sue
You must act quickly after you sustain an injury, otherwise you could jeopardize your right to recover compensation. New York state laws impose deadlines on personal injury lawsuits, which can vary depending on the victim’s age, the type of case, who the liable party is, and other factors. In general, New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214 applies to personal injury cases, while Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 applies to wrongful death cases.
The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible. One of our first priorities will be to identify the filing deadline in your case, so we know how long we have to prepare. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. as soon as possible to preserve your right to seek damages through a lawsuit.
Jericho Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How a Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Firm in Jericho, NY Can Help You
Our team understands that you may incur substantial costs associated with necessary medical treatment and covering your living expenses. We work hard to resolve your case as quickly as possible and to recover every dollar we can for you.
Our services include:
Our legal team provides proactive communication from the start of the legal process until the end. We answer your questions and provide periodic updates about critical developments in your case.
Fault & Liability
We use information obtained in our research to identify the at-fault party and prove their liability for your damages. If more than one party may be liable, we will work to collect evidence that supports this.
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. takes care of all communication in your case. We handle all the major aspects and little details, so you can focus on getting better and getting back on your feet.
Investigation & Documentation
Through our investigation, we collect evidence to prove liability and your entitlement to damages. To prove fault and liability for your personal injury case, we may gather evidence that includes:
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Surveillance video
- Witness statements
- Police reports
- Safety records
- Claims history
- Expert opinion or testimony
- Medical records (for medical malpractice cases)
Establishment of Value
To determine the value of your case, we start by identifying all the damages you suffered. Then, we obtain documentation in support of your damages for inclusion in the case. For example, if you received medical treatment, we will collect and review your medical records and add up all of the associated expenses. Other damages require additional steps for determining value.
Calculating the Value of Your Jericho Injury Case
To establish the value of your injury case, our legal team will identify all physical, emotional, and economic damages you sustained. You may be entitled to recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Physician services
- Hospitalization and surgery
- Medical imaging and testing
- Physical therapy
- Medications and assistive devices
- In-home or residential care
- Lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Direct costs and out-of-pocket expenses
- Costs for future medical treatment and care
- Diminished quality of life
- Value of income and benefits losses in the future
- Diminished earning capacity
- Permanent disability, injury, or disfigurement
Calculating economic damages will involve adding up all of the related expenses, paid or unpaid. For non-economic damages, we will need to use industry formulas that help us assign a monetary value to things like pain and suffering.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one due to another party’s negligence, contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today to prosecute a wrongful death case. We extend our condolences to you and want to help you seek justice.
To establish the value of your wrongful death case, our legal team will identify all the physical, emotional, and economic damages you sustained as a result of the loss. Examples include funeral expenses and medical debt from treatment your loved one received prior to their passing.
What Type of Expert Testimony Do You Need to Establish Some Types of Damages in Jericho?
To build a well-supported case, our team uses expert opinions as needed to outline and prove your damages. We may obtain opinions or testimony from experts that include:
- Medical professionals: to offer opinions about any future treatment needs you have
- Vocational rehabilitation experts: to offer opinions about your capacity to return to work and how your ability to perform job tasks may be affected
- Economists: to offer opinions about your future earning capacity and the projected value of lost wages, benefits, and opportunities
- Lifecare planners: to offer opinions about your future residential care needs
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Is Liable in Your Jericho Personal Injury Case?
When the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team investigates your case, we will work to identify the party who caused your injury and hold them accountable. To do so, we assemble evidence to document the facts and details and demonstrate liability for your damages.
To prove liability, we must establish the following elements:
Duty of Care
The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. They had a legal obligation to take reasonable action to protect you from harm. For example, property owners are responsible for keeping their premises clear of any potential hazards that may harm visitors.
Breach of Duty
The at-fault party failed to take reasonable action. Instead, through negligence, carelessness, recklessness, or wrongful action, they subjected you to harm.
The at-fault party’s breach of duty caused the incident that led to your injuries, making them liable for your damages.
What Kind of Cases Do Friedman & Simon Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
The Jericho personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. provide comprehensive legal representation to those who have suffered injuries due to another party’s careless or wrongful actions.
We handle the following types of injury cases:
- Slip accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Automobile accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian accidents
- Birth injury
- Dangerous drugs
- Construction accidents
Free Jericho Personal Injury Case Evaluation
When you need help from a personal injury lawyer near Jericho, look no further than the legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. We understand how stressful this situation is and we will stand by you every step of the way. We will fight for your future, protect your legal rights, and help you recover the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
The initial consultation is always free, and we never collect a fee unless and until you recover compensation for your injuries and other losses. For your free Jericho, NY personal injury case evaluation, contact us now.