If you suffered a bodily injury due to another person’s negligence, you could have grounds to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit and pursue compensation for the damages that followed the accident.
Additionally, if your accident occurred in Hempstead, New York, a personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will help you build your case. Our legal team helps accident victims understand their legal rights and take steps to recover their damages.
In This Article
- How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me After My Accident in Hempstead?
- What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., do for Me?
- What Damages Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Case in Hempstead, NY?
- Who is Liable for Any Damages After an Accident?
- What Kind of Cases does Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Handle?
- A Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Team is Here to Serve You in Hempstead
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me After My Accident in Hempstead?
When you get injured in an accident, such as in a vehicle accident or a slip and fall accident, your priorities might lie in making sure you’re physically safe or that you get the medical treatment you need to address your injuries. The series of events that follow an accident can feel chaotic, and it is easy to forget to keep track of information.
However, even if you were unable to collect information to support your case at the time of the accident, that does not mean you won’t be able to build a personal injury case. With one phone call, you can enlist the help of a personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., and our personal injury team will handle every aspect of your case.
Immediately after an accident, we will help you:
- Retrieve the official accident report made by the police officer who documented the event
- Review the accident report to identify key information, such as the at-fault party’s contact information, the date when and the location where the accident occurred, as well as contributing factors, points of impact, direction of travel, and more
- Interview potential witnesses who saw the accident
- Retrieve medical records to tie the accident to your injuries
- Communicate with your and/or the at-fault party’s insurance company
If we need more information to support or build your case, we will investigate your accident further to retrieve these materials.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., do for Me?
Our legal team accepts a broad range of personal injury case types. We make certain that the prosecution of your claim, from beginning to end, is directed toward seeking the greatest amount of compensation for your injuries.
We pride ourselves on our client-centric, top-to-bottom service. When you hire us to represent you, this is what you can expect:
If you have a question, we will answer it. We will not just wait for you to call and check on updates. Instead, we will reach out to you the moment we have any news of significant developments to share about your case. This may include:
- Court hearing dates and other court notices
- Important messages from the opposing party or the insurance company
- New evidence acquired
- Settlement offers you receive
Of course, if you want to speak to us, we are always available to receive your phone calls, texts, or emails.
Strong documentation can make the difference between winning and losing a personal injury case. Our goal is to build a strong case for you. We will build the foundation for your case, then handle the process of negotiations and/or trial on your behalf. To build this foundation, we will seek and collect evidence for your case.
Supporting evidence for your personal injury case might include:
- Witness testimony
- Accident report or incident report
- Medical records
- Photos or video footage
- Expert testimony and/or opinion from sources such as medical professionals, accident reconstruction specialists, economists, life care planners, and vocational rehabilitation specialists
Our legal team will also manage your case for you, which will involve handling legal paperwork for your case. We will ensure your case meets its statutory deadline based on its case type. These deadlines are set by New York’s statutes of limitations which, for most cases, can be found in:
- New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214 for personal injury cases
- Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-41 for wrongful death cases
While some cases might have to go through the process of a lawsuit, culminating in a trial before a judge and jury, many people are able to settle their cases out of court through an insurance settlement.
Your lawyer will attend negotiation meetings on your behalf and will advise you accordingly should you receive settlement offers. If necessary, depending upon the unique facts of your case, they will take your case to court and continue your pursuit of compensation there.
Hempstead Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What Damages Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Case in Hempstead, NY?
The compensation you receive as the result of an insurance settlement or jury verdict depends on the damages you have suffered. Some clients may be unaware of the full scope of damages for which they are entitled to recover. For example, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the following types of damages:
- Ambulance transportation
- Home and vehicle modifications
- Medical treatment and care
- Lost wages and benefits
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Assistive and mobility devices
Other Types of Compensable Damages You May Qualify for
Sometimes an injury prevents you from returning to work, either because you are incapacitated or because you are undergoing further medical treatment. In these cases, we will also seek the following types of damages:
- Diminished earning capacity
- Projected loss of income and benefits
- Projected future medical care
If you have suffered permanent injuries, a disability, or disfigurement, we will also seek non-economic damages, including the following:
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Impaired ability to enjoy life
Compensable Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
If a family member died due to the negligence of another party, we offer you our sincere condolences. We will pursue a wrongful death action seeking the justice they deserve and the compensation you are entitled to receive. Through this action, you may be able to recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of guidance or companionship
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will leave no stone unturned as we seek all the recoverable damages you deserve.
Who is Liable for Any Damages After an Accident?
Proving that another party was at fault for your injury is a key component of your case. We will make certain this is thoroughly addressed, too, in order to meet all criteria for liability as required under New York law.
In many personal injury cases, case arguments for who holds liability are generally structured as so:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care.
- The defendant breached this duty with their negligence.
- The defendant’s negligence caused the accident and your injuries.
- You suffered damages as the result of the accident and your injuries.
Depending on what your case involves, multiple liable parties might exist, whether because of vicarious liability or strict product liability. Our team will review your case and help you identify each liable party involved with your case.
We Litigate to Win on Your Behalf
If your injury case goes to trial, our team of litigators will showcase your losses in such a way as to make a compelling argument for the compensation you deserve. We will show the jury the extent of the harm you’ve suffered and why you deserve to be compensated to the degree that we request in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Kind of Cases does Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Handle?
Our legal team handles the following types of personal injury cases:
- Construction accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Wrongful death
You can speak with a team member at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today about your case and learn more about how a personal injury lawyer from our firm will be able to help you.
A Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Team is Here to Serve You in Hempstead
As the victim of an accident caused by another, it is likely that you have suffered great trauma. Now is the time to take some weight off your shoulders by having us take care of every detail and deadline associated with your legal claim.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will provide you with caring and effective legal counsel. We will fight for your rights and be here for you every step of the way as you seek compensation for the damages you have incurred. Call our legal team today for a free consultation.