Spinal cord injuries are known for being particularly debilitating. If your life has been affected by a back or spinal cord injury, the person or partly responsible for causing your injury should be compelled to cover your injury-related costs.
However, getting the at-fault party to pay and identifying potentially liable parties may prove challenging. Fortunately, when you have a Hempstead personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. on your side, you will not need to worry about overcoming the complexities of the legal process. We handle all aspects of your case for you.
- Recoverable Spinal Cord Injury Damages in Hempstead Cases
- How Our Hempstead Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Will Work for You
- How To Cover the Cost of Your Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Hempstead
- How Long Do You Have To File Your Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit?
- How Do Spinal Cord Injuries Happen in Hempstead?
- Get in Touch With Us For Support in Your Spinal Cord Injury Case
Recoverable Spinal Cord Injury Damages in Hempstead Cases
Your Hempstead personal injury lawyer is responsible for figuring out the value of your spinal cord injury damages. You have the right to seek compensation for every loss. These losses are often divided into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Your recoverable economic damages include:
- Any medical bills, including ambulance rides and hospital visits
- Your ongoing medical treatment as you learn to live with the implications of your spinal cord injuries
- Your loss of income and inability to continue earning a living
- Your future medical expenses and any other out-of-pocket costs related to your spinal cord injuries
Meanwhile, non-economic damages involve financial recovery for:
- The physical pain and suffering you’ve experienced as a result of your injuries
- The emotional trauma you experience
- Disfigurement and skin scarring
- Emotional distress, mental anguish, and psychological trauma
Our team understands how to thoroughly investigate your case to determine the damages you have suffered.
For a free legal consultation with a Spinal Cord Injury lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
How Our Hempstead Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Will Work for You
Our Hempstead spinal cord injury attorneys will handle all of the legal details of your injury case. These include:
- Keeping you updated on your case
- Identifying liable parties
- Communicating with all parties for you
- Gathering evidence
- Determining a value for your case
Our team also contacts expert witnesses to speak on your case. Medical experts, vocational rehabilitation experts, life care planners, and economists will be called to contribute to your case. They provide insight into all the ways your spinal cord injury is impacting your life.
If your loved one passed away because of the severity of their spinal cord injury, we extend our condolences. Our firm will handle your wrongful death case. We will gladly explain, in a patient, compassionate and comprehensive manner, what a wrongful death case entails when you contact us.
See What Our Former Clients Say About Working With Our Lawyers Serving Hempstead
Our spinal cord injury attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have always put our client’s needs above all else. Here are some recent testimonials that speak to our dedication to each case we take:
- “This law firm is highly trustworthy, very professional and client friendly, I’d recommend them anytime.” –Moulton
- “First off great communication from the very first phone call…stand up lawyers…they included and kept me and my daughter updated on everything from paperwork to appointments…they treated us like family…I feel they were excellent and well worth calling…fought tooth and nail for my daughter I applaud them, I will most definitely be telling family and friends about this law firm…me and my daughter are very pleased….thank you for a great job.” –Francine
- “They’re great people, they’re honest, they care about you…it’s like a friendship.” –Doug
Hempstead Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How To Cover the Cost of Your Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Hempstead
Hiring an attorney from our firm is affordable. Although many types of lawyers require their clients to put a retainer down that often amounts to thousands of dollars, the same is not true for our spinal cord injury lawyers in Hempstead.
We work with our clients on a contingency-fee basis. We do not require upfront fees or attorney’s costs until we win your case. When we win, a portion of your spinal cord injury settlement is then used to cover your attorney’s fees. You will never need to pay any out-of-pocket fees or costs to have us represent you.
How Long Do You Have To File Your Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit?
Time is limited to file your spinal cord injury case. Whether you are pursuing a wrongful death case or a personal injury lawsuit, there are deadlines to follow.
Unfortunately, in instances where cases are not filed before time runs out, your opportunity to recover financial compensation will be lost. In addition to considerations regarding the applicable statute of limitations, other critical deadlines apply to claims and lawsuits as well.
It is important that we get started on your case in a timely manner so we have the chance to gather time-sensitive evidence, such as surveillance and dashcam video and witness statements for example, that can quickly become unavailable for a variety of reasons. The sooner you reach out to us the greater our opportunity to build the strongest possible case for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Do Spinal Cord Injuries Happen in Hempstead?
Figuring out how your spinal cord injury occurred allows your attorney to determine who is responsible for compensating you. Examples of the types of accidents that often cause spinal cord injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
If another person was the reason you sustained a spinal cord injury, you deserve justice. Don’t hesitate to get started on your case.
Get in Touch With Us For Support in Your Spinal Cord Injury Case
The financial effects of a spinal cord injury could continue to haunt you for the rest of your life if you do not recover the compensation that is rightfully yours. An experienced and dedicated Hempstead spinal cord injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is ready, willing and able to fight for the compensation and benefits that you need and are entitled to.
We are not afraid to go up against the insurance company or bring your case to court to get an appropriate case result for you. Contact our team for a free case evaluation today and learn more about what’s next for your Hempstead spinal cord injury case. We will answer any questions you have and explain your options for financial recovery.