If you were injured in a car accident caused by another driver, you might be entitled to compensation, and you should pursue it.
A Hempstead car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will take action to fight for compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damages, and even emotional trauma. Call our law firm at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation with a member of our legal team.
In This Article
- We will Identify Your Recoverable Damages for Your Car Accident
- We Will Consult Expert Witnesses to Help You Calculate Your Damages
- We Build Your Case By Proving Who Is at Fault and Liable for Your Car Accident
- Our Legal Team Can Manage Your Case for You While You Recover
- Our Car Accident Lawyers Handle a Variety of Cases in Hempstead
- Free Compassionate Consultation for Your New York Car Accident Case
We will Identify Your Recoverable Damages for Your Car Accident
As we build your case and the arguments to establish that the other party in your accident should be held liable for your damages, we will also calculate your financial, physical, and emotional damages so that we have a total amount to demand as we pursue compensation.
Types of damages you might recover include:
- Lost wages and benefits
- Medical treatment
- Direct and out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
This is not a complete list of damages to pursue. Once we review your case, we will discuss your compensable damages, including damages that might occur in the future.
Future Damages to Consider
In the event that your injuries require additional treatment or ongoing care in the future, or if your injuries affect your employability in your field, you might be eligible to recover the following types of compensation:
- Future medical care costs
- Projected future income and benefits losses
- Diminished quality of life
- Diminished earning capacity
We will consult your medical care providers or other expert witnesses to calculate these figures. They can testify on the length of your physical recovery, economic patterns, and other socioeconomic factors to consider.
Compensable Damages Related to Wrongful Death
If your loved one died from their car accident injuries, we extend our heartfelt condolences. We are ready to pursue a wrongful death claim on your behalf. In cases involving death, the following types of damages are often compensable:
- Funeral arrangement expenses, including costs for burial or cremation services
- Medical debts of the decedent (your loved one)
- Loss of current and future income if the decedent contributed to the family net worth
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of society
- Loss of consortium (These are the special losses, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is a wrongful death victim.)
A car accident lawyer can serve you if the accident happened, or you reside in Hempstead, and manage your case for you while you grieve with your family.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
We Will Consult Expert Witnesses to Help You Calculate Your Damages
We regularly consult with a broad range of experts to build the strongest case possible. As may be called for, we will do so in your case to complete the picture of how this accident has impacted you and will continue to affect you. Among the types of experts with whom we may collaborate are:
- Medical experts: These experts will be able to testify on your medical condition, whether your injuries will require ongoing care, and how long you may require medical care.
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists: These experts will be able to give their opinions about how your injuries have impacted your ability to work and will likely affect your abilities throughout the lifespan of your career.
- Economists: These experts will be able to put the numbers together to illustrate not only the current financial costs you have suffered, but also the ongoing financial impact of the accident in terms of how it affects your future earnings potential.
- Life care planners: These experts will be able to help an accident victim plan for any care they may need in the future.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., is committed to getting you the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (516) 932-0400.
Hempstead Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Build Your Case By Proving Who Is at Fault and Liable for Your Car Accident
The act of identifying who has legal responsibility for your car accident can be compared to solving a puzzle. As a result of our formal education, training and decades of experience, we know where to look for and how to assemble the pieces to arrive at a clear picture of fault and liability.
To build your case, our team will conduct an investigation and aim to retrieve the following types of evidence:
We will obtain copies of the police report filed by the law enforcement officer(s) who showed up at the scene of your accident. This report includes details about:
- Whether the other party broke any traffic laws
- Whether any parties were driving drunk or under the influence
- Who was considered at fault for the accident based on the elements present at the scene
- The date of the accident
- Contact, driver’s license, and insurance information of all parties involved
- Pre-accident activity/Apparent contributing factors
- Points of impact to the vehicles involved
- Weather and road conditions
- Violations of law that any involved party was charged with
- Names and contact information of witnesses
The presumed objectivity of the report makes it a valuable resource in our analysis.
While it is a cliche to say that “a picture paints a thousand words,” evidentiary photographs can indeed be invaluable tools in our research. As indicated, our legal team will visit the accident scene and take photos. We also will gather photos taken by witnesses and by you if any were taken.
In the appropriate case, we will scout the immediate surrounding area of the accident scene to check for surveillance video cameras. Sometimes (for example) a corner gas station, bank, or store may have had a camera rolling at the time of an accident, and we have at times been successful in discovering such valuable evidence.
Other forms of video footage we will retrieve if available include:
- Traffic camera footage
- Dashcam footage
- Cellphone footage
- Home surveillance footage
If any of the above captured the accident or other information that may be pertinent to your case, we will use it to support your arguments.
In some accident cases, witnesses at the scene of the accident provide their contact information to the injured victim or someone associated with the injured victim. Police officers who were reporting on the scene may take statements from anyone who confirms that they saw what happened.
These third-party accounts from people who have no vested interest in who wins this case are an excellent source of credible information. Passengers also give strong accounts of the details leading to the accident. We will be sure to include their statements in our analysis as we work to build a personal injury case on your behalf.
Our Legal Team Can Manage Your Case for You While You Recover
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has been representing accident victims for decades, and we are here to help you today. We understand that recovering from a car accident might be your main priority, which is why we offer to manage your case for you and build your argument.
We will Keep You Updated on Your Case
Every step of the way, we will keep you informed about the status of your case. You will always be able to reach us by phone, text, or email if you have any questions you need answered or concerns you wish you to express.
Our team is here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are just a phone call away.
We will Communicate with All Parties for You
Our legal team will conduct all communications and dealings with the liable party’s insurance company and legal team. We will demand compensation for damages you need to recover.
We will work to negotiate for the best possible settlement. Depending upon the circumstances of the case, if the insurer does not agree to the terms you deserve, we will file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court on your behalf.
We Wwill Help You Argue Who Holds Liability in Your Car Accident Case
The criteria for establishing fault and liability is composed of four simple elements:
- The party had a duty of care to you (to drive safely).
- The party breached that duty (the driver was negligent).
- The party’s breach of duty caused an accident (the driver’s negligencecaused the car accident).
- Another party was injured because of the accident (the car crash resulted in injuries to you).
Our legal team will collect materials to support each of these statements when building your case and the arguments to support it.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Car Accident Lawyers Handle a Variety of Cases in Hempstead
Car accidents can happen in many different ways. We have decades of experience prosecuting multiple types of car accident cases. In fact, our Hempstead car accident lawyers have advocated for injured clients since 1991.
Our injury lawyers accept cases involving various negligent driving behaviors that caused car accidents. These behaviors include:
- Illegal lane changes
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Failure to yield
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Illegal turns
- Fatigued driving
- Disregarding traffic signals
- Distracted driving
We also handle road hazard accident cases caused by:
- Improper maintenance
- Obstructions or debris
- Insufficient signage
- Temporary road markings
- Insufficient traffic control
We will handle your case regardless of whether it involved a:
Free Compassionate Consultation for Your New York Car Accident Case
The Hempstead car accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., sympathize with your situation, and are compassionate toward your fears and concerns. We will fight to resolve your case, and we do not collect attorney’s fees unless and until you obtain compensation for your damages.
Our legal team will help you in English, Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada. For a free consultation, contact us now at (516) 932-0400.