If you or a loved one was involved in a rear-end collision, you could qualify for damages. You can hire a lawyer to help you pursue an injury claim or lawsuit and seek financial compensation for your vehicle damage, medical bills, lost income, and more. A Hempstead rear-end collisions lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., can handle your case.
With over twenty-five years of dedicated experience representing car accident victims, we have helped countless clients seek compensation, and we could do the same for you.
We are passionate advocates for injury victims, and we are ready to protect your rights. Call us at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
In This Article
- How an Injury Case Can Help You After a Rear-End Collision
- How Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Will Help You Seek Financial Recovery
- Getting Compensation in a Rear-End Injury Collision
- You Have a Deadline for Filing an Injury Case in New York State
- We Will Use Evidence and Witness Testimony to Strengthen Your Case
- Meeting New York State’s ‘Serious Injury’ Requirement
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Today for a Free Consultation
How an Injury Case Can Help You After a Rear-End Collision
A rear-end car accident may cause painful injuries, costly property damage, and other financial losses. A successful injury claim or lawsuit allows you to recover payment for these and other damages. However, to bring a successful case, you will need to prove:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care.
- The defendant violated the duty of care.
- The defendant’s actions caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages because of your injuries.
Proving each of these is often a challenging process—especially if the at-fault party denies their role in your accident. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., can help you find evidence to demonstrate the necessary elements.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
How Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Will Help You Seek Financial Recovery
Bringing a successful personal injury case in New York State can be a challenging task. A Hempstead rear-end collisions lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will assist you and manage your case from beginning to end. We understand the legal support and guidance you need as you go through this stressful time.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will:
- Update you on your case as it develops
- Identify the liable party or parties in your accident
- Communicate with the at-fault party, insurance companies, and other parties for you
- Collect evidence to support your case
- Establish the value of your losses in your case
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible outcome for you
Call us today at (516) 932-0400 to review the details of your accident with us during a free, patient, compassionate, and comprehensive consultation. We can help you as you weigh your next steps.
Hempstead Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Getting Compensation in a Rear-End Injury Collision
Damages are the losses that an injured person can recover through a personal injury case. Damages in a car accident injury case can include tangible costs, such as hospital bills, and intangible losses, such as your physical pain and mental suffering.
You may be compensated for your past medical bills and future medical costs, including those related to:
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency room care
- Diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Doctor or specialist visits
- Medication and medical equipment
If your injuries have caused you to miss work, compensation for your lost wages may be available. If your injuries have left you disabled and unable to ever return to work, we will fight to recover compensation for your lost employment benefits and impairment to your future earning capacity.
Compensation through a New York personal injury case may include the costs of repairing or replacing property that was damaged in the collision. Vehicle repair expenses and the cost of replacing the property destroyed in the collision may be recoverable.
Replacement Services and Out-of-Pocket Expenses
Medical bills, lost income, and property damage are not the only types of financial harm that can result from a car accident. You may also be left unable to drive, complete household chores, or care for your children due to your injuries.
Compensation for replacement services is available if you can demonstrate that these services are necessary and related to your injuries.
Non-Financial Damages in a Car Accident Case
Non-economic damages refer to the intangible consequences of the accident, which cannot be shown on an invoice or bill. You could be compensated for:
- Mental and emotional suffering
If You Lost a Loved One, You May Be Able to Seek Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one died in a rear-end collision, the team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., offers our sincere condolences. A wrongful death action would help you hold the at-fault party accountable and allow you to recover financial compensation for:
- Medical and funeral costs
- Loss of the decedent’s future earnings and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
You Have a Deadline for Filing an Injury Case in New York State
There are certain deadlines on personal injury cases in New York State, and it is crucial that you seek legal action before these deadlines expire. Per New York Civil Practice Law & Rules § 214, you generally have three years to file an injury lawsuit with the civil court. The specific facts and circumstances of your case may lengthen, or shorten, the amount of time available to start a legal.
If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, you have two years from the decedent’s death date to pursue legal action, per Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1.
Your lawyer will need time to build your case. The sooner you contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., the sooner we can start working on a legal strategy for your financial recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Use Evidence and Witness Testimony to Strengthen Your Case
When building your case, our legal team may utilize evidence gathered from:
- Dashboard cameras
- Red-light cameras
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Vehicle maintenance records
- Police reports
- Event data recorders (EDR) or accident data recorders (ADR)
- Medical records
Another crucial source of evidence in a car accident case is witness testimony. Our team can contact individuals who saw the accident take place and verify how the events unfolded. We could also consult with expert witnesses, such as medical experts, who can weigh in on your injuries and offer evidence for your case.
Meeting New York State’s ‘Serious Injury’ Requirement
To bring a successful injury case and recover compensation for your car accident, your injuries must meet the criteria for “serious injuries” as described by New York State’s law. Per New York Insurance Law § 5102(d), “serious injuries” include:
- Permanent loss of use of a body part or body function
- Permanent significant limitation of use of a body part
- Substantial restriction of the use of a body function
- Non-permanent injury that prevents you from performing your usual daily activities for 90 days or more
- Fracture/broken bone
- Loss of a fetus
- Substantial disfigurement
If you are unsure if your injuries meet the criteria, consult with one of our dedicated attorneys who can help you determine if the law applies to your case.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one was hurt in a rear-end collision, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your damages. A Hempstead rear-end collisions lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., can help you build a strong case and provide you with compassionate legal support throughout the process.
Call us at (516) 932-0400 today for a free case evaluation.