Texting while driving is against the law in New York and many other states across the country. The consequences of not following this law can affect both the negligent driver and other motorists or vehicle passengers unlucky enough to share the road with them or even pedestrians who have the misfortune of being on a sidewalk or crosswalk in the reckless driver’s path of destruction. .
A Hempstead texting while driving accident lawyer will help you to understand your rights as a victim in this situation. Get in touch with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 to find out more. It is our privilege to take your call at any time.
In This Article
- The Dangers of Texting While Driving
- Seeking Damages After a Collision
- Let a Hempstead Texting While Driving Accident Lawyer Assist You
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Is Ready to Help
The Dangers of Texting While Driving
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) released a report documenting drivers’ use of handheld electronic devices during 2018. This report shows, (at page 6 of the linked material,) that about 2.1 percent of all drivers engaged in such behavior.
The ability to text is just one of many distractions presented by electronic devices. Checking emails or voice messages, browsing the internet, and using apps may not take very long, but it only takes a few seconds of inattention for an accident to happen. This behavior may cause a driver to:
- Swerve into another lane
- Rear-end a driver who has come to a stop
- Run a red light
- Head the wrong way on a highway or street
Any of these actions can lead to a collision with other car, bus, truck drivers, motrocyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians, all of whom are typically innocently simply seeking to share the road to reach their own destination. If you were the victim of a texting while driving accident and suffered severe damages, you could hold the at-fault driver accountable.
To take action through a lawsuit, you must file within the legally prescribed time period. In addition to this time period, known as the statute of limitations, there are other critically important deadlines that must be met to protect and advance the rights of texting while driving accident injury victims.
In addition to the statute of limitations and other filing deadlines, there are practical time considerations, such as locating and obtaining witnesses before they cannot be found and securing dash-cam and surveillance video before it is deleted.For all these reasons, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
To receive a free case review and find out how to proceed, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a texting while driving accidents lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
Seeking Damages After a Collision
Being in a car accident can be stressful in many ways. It may leave you with injuries, a damaged vehicle, and mounting financial burdens. Instead of trying to deal with all of this by yourself, you can hire a car accident attorney from our firm to help you seek compensation.
This money could help you pay your collision-related expenses and adjust to life post-accident. For your physical and mental suffering, you may be able to recover non-economic damages, such as:
- Impaired quality of life: It is no longer possible for you to socialize, work, exercise, or perform basic tasks the way you used to.
- Pain and suffering: The accident was psychologically damaging, and your injuries left you with chronic pain.
- Disabilities: The accident caused or worsened your disability.
- Loss of consortium: Your relationship with your spouse has not been the same since the crash.
For your financial struggles, you could recover economic damages, such as:
- Medical costs: Your physical and mental injuries required medical attention and support, like surgery, physical therapy, medication, assistive devices, and so on.
- Repair expenses: The accident damaged or destroyed your car, and you had to pay for alternative transportation until your own vehicle was fixed or replaced.
- Lost employment: You lost your job because of the accident or because your accident injuries prevent you from fulfilling your obligations.
- Lost earning capacity: You are still able to work, but for fewer hours and/or lower wages than before.
If you lost a loved one in a texting while driving accident, the team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is very sorry for your loss. You have the right to seek compensation for your relative’s untimely passing. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of texting while driving wrongful death victims. We are dedicated to winning the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves. Please contact us to discuss your case.
Hempstead Texting While Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Let a Hempstead Texting While Driving Accident Lawyer Assist You
A lawyer from our firm is ready to help you construct a lawsuit and fight for damages. We know how difficult it is to cope with the aftermath of a car accident, so we will take on all of your legal responsibilities. Our services include:
- Keeping you updated, so you never have to wonder what is happening with your case
- Identifying the liable parties, so you know who is responsible for your accident and, therefore, who may owe you damages
- Communicating with all parties, so you never have to speak with the liable party or their representatives face-to-face
- Gathering evidence, so you have as much proof as possible to support your lawsuit
- Determining a value for your case, so you are certain that the compensation you ask for reflects your damages
- Fighting relentlessly to win the best possible outcome for you
Our lawyers will go as far as necessary to get the money you and your family need. That could mean negotiating a settlement or, if the unique facts of your case support such legal action, going to court on your behalf—either way, we will stay by your side from beginning to end.
Most importantly, we make ourselves available to answer your questions and allay your fears. Feel free to call us to discuss your case at any time.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Is Ready to Help
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are passionate about helping accident victims fight for their rights and their compensation. A Hempstead texting while driving accident lawyer from our firm is prepared to build your case and fight for damages.
Our team is happy to offer assistance in several languages, including English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We serve Long Island and the New York metropolitan area, including Hempstead, New York.
Call our office at (516) 932-0400 now to get started.