If you were injured while giving birth or your baby sustained injuries during childbirth, you may be entitled to compensation for yourself and your child.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at 516-932-0400 for a free consultation with a member of our birth injury legal team.
In This Article
- Our Hempstead Birth Injury Lawyers Take a Variety of Cases
- Building Your Birth Injury Case by Proving Fault & Liability
- Reinforcing Our Establishment of Fault and Liability With Evidence
- Determining the Value of Your Case to Get You the Compensation You Deserve
- Identifying and Calculating Damages for Your Birth Injury Case
- We Will Communicate with All Parties Related to Your Case on Your Behalf
- We Will Keep You Informed as Your Case Progresses
- Free Consultation and Tailored Client Services for Your Hempstead Birth Injury Case
Our Hempstead Birth Injury Lawyers Take a Variety of Cases
When a medical professional commits malpractice or makes a mistake during childbirth, the effects of their actions can touch both the mother and baby in many ways.
A wide range of complications can result from such mistakes or medical malpractice associated with childbirth including:
- Cerebral palsy
- Bell’s palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain damage
- Shoulder dystocia
We know how devastating it can be to face unexpected injuries in a time of anticipated joy. That is why the Hempstead birth injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. take extra care to show compassion to our birth injury clients. Call us today at 516-932-0400 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Birth Injury lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
Building Your Birth Injury Case by Proving Fault & Liability
The question of who is at fault for your birth injury, even if the answer may seem obvious, may require an examination into deeper levels of complexity than a mere surface level analysis would provide.
The law and the service of your best interests require a systematic approach to answering the question of fault and liability. The approach is based on the legal premise called duty of care.
Duty of Care
Establishing duty of care is a necessary step in proving fault and liability in a medical malpractice case. The steps to this process involve answering the following questions:
- Did the medical professional(s) involved in your baby’s birth have a duty to provide a good and accepted level of care to you and your baby?
- Did the medical provider(s), through negligent, careless, or wrongful action fail to provide you and your baby with a good and accepted level of care?
- Did the doctor’s failure to uphold the standard of care cause your injuries or your baby’s injuries?
- Did you sustain damages as the result of these injuries?
Hempstead Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Reinforcing Our Establishment of Fault and Liability With Evidence
The medical world is a complex system of procedures and protocols that can make the uncovering of evidence complicated and confusing. We have been doing this work since 1991, and we know where to look for the documentation and information that will further strengthen your birth injury case.
We will reveal and use several types of evidence to fortify your case including the following:
- Witness statements
- Expert opinions
- The facility’s safety records
- Medical records
- Documentation of your baby’s injuries
- Documentation of your injuries
- The doctor’s safety and claims history
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. understands the medical industry, and we are ready to use that knowledge to help you in your birth injury case. Call us at 516-932-0400.
Determining the Value of Your Case to Get You the Compensation You Deserve
Under New York law, you are entitled to recover economic and non-economic damages.
We may need to collaborate with a variety of experts to present a compelling argument of how this birth injury has impacted you and your baby, and will continue to affect you both over the years. Examples of the types of experts with whom we will consult with are:
- Medical experts
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Life care planners
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is committed to getting you the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 516-932-0400.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Identifying and Calculating Damages for Your Birth Injury Case
The damages you have incurred in your birth injury extend beyond the medical treatment you and your baby will need. The financial damages alone can be a challenge for for an untrained person to calculate. One thing is for certain: you need to make sure you are presenting the strongest case to recover the maximum amount of money compensation for the harm suffered.
Our birth injury team knows how these events will affect you financially, professionally, and emotionally and how to calculate the specific numbers that pertain to you and your baby.
We will factor in several types of damages including the following:
- Lost income and benefits
- Direct expenses and out-of-pocket costs
- Medications and medical devices
- Medical treatment and care
- Medical testing and imaging
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
Your birth injuries might require treatment well into the future. Your injuries might also prevent you from resuming your job duties. In either case, you might be eligible to receive the following additional damages:
- Cost of future medical care and treatment
- Value of future lost income and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
If your birth injury tragically resulted in a death, we will file a wrongful death action on your behalf. Call today to get started: 516-932-0400.
We Will Communicate with All Parties Related to Your Case on Your Behalf
We will handle all communications with the insurance company. Sometimes, an agreement can be reached for an appropriate settlement. When this does not happen, under the proper circumstances, we will proceed with legal action filing an injury lawsuit on your behalf.
We Will Keep You Informed as Your Case Progresses
You will know of every significant benchmark and every important case milestone we reach as we pursue your compensation. Any time you have a question or a concern, all you need to do is call. We will be here to answer your questions and talk through the details of your case with you.
Free Consultation and Tailored Client Services for Your Hempstead Birth Injury Case
The Hempstead birth injury accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are here for you. We know this is a difficult time for you and your baby. We want to make things a easier for you so you can focus on your baby and your health.
We pledge to resolve your case as efficiently as possible so you need not worry about it dragging on indefinitely.
You pay us no fees until our Hempstead birth injury lawyers recover compensation for your damages.
You can communicate with our legal team in a variety of languages, including English, Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
For a free consultation, contact us now 516-932-0400.