If you or your baby has been injured resulting from negligent care during pregnancy or childbirth, our Suffolk County birth injury lawyers are here to support you. We assist families in pursuing financial recovery to provide the best care for a child suffering injury through medical negligence.
We know this is a distressing time for you and your family, so we always strive to make the legal process as stress-free as possible, managing your case with sensitivity and compassion. When you are ready and want to learn more about your legal options at no cost or obligation, please do reach out for a free consultation with our team. Let Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. support you and your family today.
In This Article
- Avoidable Birth Injuries Qualify As a Type of Malpractice
- Compassionately Managed Birth Injury Claims
- Our Birth Injury Lawyers Will Pursue Appropriate Damages for Your Situation
- When You Are Ready, We Are Here for You
Avoidable Birth Injuries Qualify As a Type of Malpractice
It is the responsibility of the medical professionals caring for the mother to recognize and manage risks effectively. If a doctor or other professional neglects or overlooks important procedures during pregnancy, labor, and birth, the results can be devastating. Regrettably, birth injuries to babies and mothers can occur for a number of reasons, which may include:
- Any mismanagement during the delivery of your baby
- Failure to intervene in labor if your child is in distress
- Failing to record or check a patient’s medical history
- Failure to correctly identify health conditions in the mother or child
- Delays in diagnosis or treatment
- Any other oversight that puts a mother or her child at risk
If you or your child has suffered an injury due to medical negligence, you can make a birth injury claim. The team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is committed to supporting you through a variety of birth injury negligence issues, resulting in:
- Shoulder dystocia
- Brain damage
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Bell’s palsy
- Spinal cord injuries
In the event of the tragic loss of a mother or baby during pregnancy, we extend our heartfelt condolences. Our team is here to find out who is responsible for these mistakes and why they happened. While no amount of financial compensation can make up for such a huge loss, it can help you and your family recover from this traumatic event and cover the costs of therapy, lost wages, and other related expenses.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Suffolk County, call 516-932-0400
Compassionately Managed Birth Injury Claims
Birth injury cases are often complex. Successful cases hinge on proving the medical care you received fell below an acceptable standard and caused or contributed to the injury. To achieve this, we carefully investigate what happened to determine if mistakes were made before, during, or after your childbirth. Additionally, to support our clients, we will:
- Keep you updated about the progression of your case
- Identify liable parties
- Communicate with all parties for you and manage case administration
- Gather evidence to support your case
- Determine a value for your case
- Negotiate for an appropriate settlement or verdict on your behalf
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible case result for you and your child
Medical negligence during childbirth can be exceptionally tough to come to terms with. We know you feel vulnerable and upset at this difficult time, but you can leave the hard work to us. If we think you have a case, we will work tirelessly to recover a fair settlement while you focus on being with your family.
By managing most of the case administration and communications with involved parties, we are dedicated to making the legal process as unobtrusive as possible. However, our legal team will be at your side every step of the way, and we are always on hand to answer your questions.
Suffolk County Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Birth Injury Lawyers Will Pursue Appropriate Damages for Your Situation
When assessing the financial impact of a birth injury, we carefully consider the physical, emotional, and economic needs of the family, which may include:
- Current and ongoing therapies and medical care
- Speech and language therapy
- Support with your child’s education
- Adaptations to the family home to accommodate your child’s wellbeing
- Specialist equipment and vehicles
We understand, and our more than 30 years of experience has reinforced, that every birth injury claim is different. Compensation awarded varies on a case-by-case basis and largely depends on the facts of your case, which can include the severity of the injuries and the impact of the injuries on you or your child. Financial recovery can include the following types of damages:
- Your pain and suffering, including emotional trauma
- Your child’s pain and suffering
- Impaired quality of life
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of past or future earnings if you cannot work
- Your child’s future loss of earnings
- Medical bills and rehabilitation therapies
- Home adaptations and specialist equipment
- Home care expenses
Whatever your situation, rest assured our birth injury lawyers will do whatever we can to get you the financial recovery you deserve to provide a bright future for your child. Keep in mind there is a limited amount of time to file your claim per New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214-A. Depending upon the specific circumstances of your case, an even shorter statute of limitations may apply. Additionally, claims and lawsuits are governed by other rules with a variety of deadlines. Meeting deadlines in a timely and technically correct manner is a critical part of all legal cases and of birth injury cases in particular. Further, beginning your claim sooner rather than later gives your attorney more time to gather every item of relevant evidence required to build the strongest case possible.
When You Are Ready, We Are Here for You
The team at Friedman & Simon Injury Lawyers LLP is dedicated to providing care, advocacy, and support to families who have been affected by a birth injury due to medical negligence. Our birth injury attorneys fight tirelessly to recover financial damages to provide a comfortable and fulfilled life for your child.
We are proud of the results we have achieved as a team for over 30 years and the positive impact that has on the families we have helped. If you or your baby has suffered a birth-related injury due to suspected improper medical care in Suffolk, don’t hesitate to contact our team for a free consultation that is both compassionate and comprehensive to learn about your legal options.