Were you or a loved one seriously injured while riding a bike? If the accident was caused by another party’s negligence or carelessness, you have the right to hold them financially accountable for their actions.
A Suffolk County bicycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will handle all aspects of your claim, from identifying the liable party to negotiating an appropriate settlement. With us by your side, you only have to think about getting better; we will take care of everything else.
- You Have Limited Time to File Your Bicycle Accident Case in NY
- You Deserve Fair Treatment and Legal Assistance
- Recoverable Damages in a Suffolk County Bicycle Accident Case
- Let Us Help with Your Bicycle Accident Case
You Have Limited Time to File Your Bicycle Accident Case in NY
New York sets a time limit on all civil cases. Your filing period depends on many factors, including your age at the time you suffered your injuries or if you lost a loved one as a result of the subject accident. One thing is certain: if you miss your filing period as set forth in the applicable statute of limitations, you will lose the right to seek damages.
When you partner with our bicycle accident team serving Suffolk County, you don’t have to worry about the statute of limitations expiring on your case. We will manage each of your case’s applicable deadlines to preserve your right to compensation, allowing you to turn all your attention to your medical treatment and recovery. .
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving Suffolk County, call 516-932-0400
You Deserve Fair Treatment and Legal Assistance
Per New York Vehicle & Traffic § 1146, drivers must “exercise due care” to avoid hitting bicyclists. Reckless behavior that results in an injury to the cyclist is a criminal offense for which the driver could be fined and/or jailed. This means all motorists must drive safely to avoid hitting bicyclists – or else face liability.
You could file an injury claim or lawsuit to recover what you need. When you partner with our team serving Suffolk County, we will do everything possible to advance your case, such as:
Keeping You Updated
We understand what a stressful time you are going through. Our team will put you at ease by staying in regular contact with you throughout the case. We will even assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Tamil, Kannada, or Bengal—whichever language you are most comfortable with.
Identifying the At-Fault Parties
Was a careless driver solely responsible for your accident? Were there other factors at play, such as an unsafe roadway or faulty car brakes? If there was more than one liable party, you could seek compensation from all of them.
Communicating with the Involved Parties
Pursuing financial recovery requires maintaining communications with all involved parties, including:
- The other party’s lawyers
- The insurance company’s representatives
- Expert witesses, such as accident reconstruction specialists
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will enthusiastically manage all of these interactions. This involves getting statements, answering all phone calls and emails, and protecting you from aggressive claim defense and legal tactics.
Building Your Personal Injury Case
You need information to support your right to damages. Evidence could include some or all of the following:
- Eyewitness statements and/or testimony
- Expert statements and/or testimony
- Medical reports or records
- The police accident report
- Video footage from witnesses, surveillance cameras, or other sources
- Photos taken by you or witnesses
Assigning Value to Your Case
It is often simple enough to determine how much you have already spent due to the accident; all you have to do is review the hospital bills, receipts, and other paperwork stemming from your accident-related expenses.
However, such losses make up only a fraction of the damages you could be eligible to recover. A bicycle accident attorney will calculate the cost of your past, present, and future injury-related losses.
Suffolk County Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in a Suffolk County Bicycle Accident Case
After a severe injury, you might have suffered these economic losses:
- Medical bills, including surgery, emergency room visits, prescription medications, therapy, home nursing, assistive devices, and more
- Loss of income, including the wages or benefits you missed out on while staying home to recuperate from your injuries
- Loss of future earning capacity, if you sustained permanent injuries that impact your earning ability
- Repair costs if your bicycle was damaged
- Replacement costs if the bike was beyond repair
Additionally, you may have incurred non-economic losses, such as:
- Impaired quality of life, if your injuries prevent you from engaging in certain activities or make it difficult to complete necessary, daily tasks
- Disability, including both temporary and permanent injuries to your brain or body
- Disfigurement, including painful or noticeable scar tissue resulting from your injuries or necessary treatments
- Pain and suffering, if you experienced any physical or emotional anguish due to the accident or your accident-related injuries
All of the above are compensable in bicycle accident cases. Our team will determine what and how much you should seek after reviewing your situation and then present you with our findings.
You Could Recover These Damages if You Lost a Loved One
If you lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, please accept our sincere condolences for your loss. We consider it an honor to help the families of bicycle accident victims. We will do everything possible to secure the justice and compensation you deserve.
Wrongful death cases proceed similarly to personal injury cases. However, they may allow you to seek different types of damages, including:
- Loss of consortium, which is the special type of loss, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is a wrongful death victim. ,Loss of financial support, including the portion of the deceased’s income that would have paid household bills or childcare
- Funeral costs, as well as any other end-of-life expenses that fell to you
- End-of-life care services, including hospice, life support, and resuscitation
Whether you are considering a personal injury or a wrongful death lawsuit, our team is eager to help. Feel free to call us at any time, day or night, to start your case.
Let Us Help with Your Bicycle Accident Case
The team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has decades of combined legal experience at your disposal. If you want legal help following a bicycle accident in Suffolk County, please call us at (516) 932-0400. A lawyer from our firm will assess your case’s value and handle your claim, giving you time to rest and recover.