Uniondale Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycle accidents can present serious injuries. The medical expenses alone add up fast. Add in your standard living expenses and the fact that you may be missing work while you recover, and you might find yourself in a panic.
You should not have to worry about all these financial matters. A Uniondale bicycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can take your expenses and other damages to the person responsible for your accident and their insurance carrier and demand the compensation you deserve.
Call our office today at 516-932-0400 for a free, initial consultation.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Uniondale, NY
Bicycle accidents result from the same types of driving behaviors as car accidents , with a few added risk factors that come with riding a bicycle.
Some of the bicycle accident causes we see most often include:
- Motorist fails to see/check for bicyclist before turning
- Motorist does not yield right of way to the bicyclist
- Motorist fails to gauge the bicyclist’s speed accurately
- The occupant of a car opens the car door as a bicyclist approaches, and the bicyclist crashes into the door
- Motorist does not see the bicyclist and causes collision
- Obstacles on the road
- Motorist is Speeding
- Driving while texting or otherwise distracted
- Driving while drunk or under the influence
- Road rage driving
- Driving while tired or sleepy
- Driver does not use the turn signal before switching lanes
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we handle every type of bicycle accident, and we will work tirelessly to recover the maximum amount of compensation for you.
The Benefits of Hiring a Uniondale Bicycle Accident Lawyer
With an approach tailored to the unique circumstances of your case, a bicycle accident lawyer from the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team will take your case from the early stages of case building all the way through the possible stages of courtroom litigating
We will walk you through and fully explain the process, so you know the roadmap for your case and understand the significant developments every step of the way. Along the way, we will do the following:
- Establish who is at fault and liable for the accident and your damages
- Communicate and correspond with all parties involved in your case (witnesses, lawyers, insurers, etc.)
- Gathering compelling evidence to prove your case
- Determine the financial amount you should demand to be compensated
In sum, we will handle it all, leaving you to focus all your attention on the tasks only you can handle–attending your medical treatment appointments and recovering from your injuries.
Keeping You Updated
We make it our mission to never have a client who feels unsure of what is happening with his or her case. We will contact you with every significant update, so you know your case is progressing.
If you ever have a question, concern, or information you want to share with us, we encourage you to call, text, or email—whatever works best for you. We will welcome and answer your calls, and we will respond to your messages promptly.
We value your input, and we respect your feelings.
Establishing Who is At-Fault and Liable for Your Bicycle Accident
The best way to develop a compelling personal injury case that insurance companies and/or courts cannot ignore is to carefully apply the law’s “duty of care” principles:
- Indicate that someone owed you a duty of care to take reasonable steps to keep you safe
- Provide evidence showing that this person breached this duty of care
- Demonstrate that this breach caused your bicycle accident
- Prove that you sustained injuries and other damages as a result of the accident
Notice that each step connects to its predecessor. We will tackle this logical sequence of arguments thoroughly and meaningfully, resulting in a cohesive case that will withstand the rigors of scrutiny.
Gathering evidence requires knowledge of resources, commitment to tap them, and energy to execute, that is, taking the necessary steps to uncover critically important information, until our case is fortified with every form of proof we can find.
To prove fault, subject to the unique circumstances of your case we will obtain evidence from the following sources:
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Official law-enforcement accident reports
- Photos and videos
- Eyewitness accounts
- Our own exploration of the accident scene
To prove damages, we will document:
- Your work and pay history
- Medical records
- Medical expert opinions
- Economist’s assessment of financial consequences
- Vocational expert’s opinion of how your injuries affect your ability to work
- Life planning specialist’s opinion of how the injuries affect your life
- Psychologist’s opinion of how the accident impacted you emotionally
A Uniondale bicycle accident lawyer will build your case on a bedrock of evidence capable of withstanding any pressure the defense tries to blow our way.
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
Personal injury law incorporates the understanding that injuries a person sustains due to another person’s negligence lead to damages beyond the cost of medically treating bodily injuries.
For your bicycle accident injuries, you might recover the following types of damages, among others:
- Physical rehabilitation
- Surgeon’s fees
- Doctor’s fees
- Ambulance transportation
- Prescription medicines
- Pain management prescriptions
- Imaging and testing
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Lost wages/benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Permanent injuries
- Medical care and treatment
- Future medical costs
- Replacement services
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will factor in these and any other applicable damages to arrive at total amount we will seek to recover from the party who is at fault and liable for your bicycle accident and injuries.
Wrongful Death Action
If a bicycle accident resulted in the death of a family member, you are entitled to pursue wrongful death actions. We will discuss the matter of proceeding with this effort when you call us at 516-932-0400.
Your Time for Acting on Your Bicycle Accident Damages is Limited
New York has a statute of limitations regarding personal injury matters, including your bicycle accident. If you plan to take legal action, you must do so within a certain period of time following your accident. Additionally, other deadlines apply to prosecuting a bicycle accident case.
When you hire a Uniondale bicycle accident lawyer to handle your case, we will move your matter in the most prompt and professional manner. The sooner we begin, the more likely it is that we will be able to uncover evidence and witness’ clear recollection of the events of the accident.
With concern for the Statute of Limitations, other case time-deadlines and most effectively gathering evidence, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you.
We Are Ready to Serve as Your Uniondale Bicycle Accident Lawyer
We have a multilingual professional team who can speak to you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Kannada, or English. Call us today for a free, initial consultation: 516-932-0400.