Your car accident in Uniondale, NY, has left you with painful injuries that require medical treatment and time away from work. The expenses are building, and you are worried about how you are going to pay for the damages while still paying your usual bills and providing for your family.
A Uniondale personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has a multilingual staff that will work on every detail of your case and lawyers who will, as per the needs of your particular case, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and, if called for, advocate for you in court.
Call us today for a free initial consultation.
- We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in Uniondale, NY
- What a Uniondale Car Accident Lawyer Will Do for You
- Keeping You Updated
- Identifying and Proving the At-Fault and Liable Party
- Gathering Evidence
- Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
- Wrongful Death Action
- Presenting Your Case for Resolution
- Let Us Take Your Case and Your Worries and Get the Compensation You Deserve
We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in Uniondale, NY
Car accidents result from a wide range of driving behaviors. We handle them all, including those that happen when a driver:
- Drives distracted
- Drives intoxicated or under the influence
- Drives over the speed limit or too fast for road/weather conditions
- Fails to yield right of way
- Encounters poor road conditions
- Has to navigate debris or other obstructions
- Follows too closely behind another driver
- Drives aggressively
- Drives recklessly
- Ignores traffic laws
- Meets with road construction and fails to adapt
- Turns improperly
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. handles all these types of car accidents and more. Our practice concentration in personal injury law includes the representation of medical malpractice victims, including birth injuries, slip or trip and fall victims, dog bite victims, and anyone else seriously injured as the result of another person’s negligence.
Previous Car Accident Clients Tell What It Means When We Handle Your Case
When you put us to work on your Uniondale car accident case, we fight as hard for you as we have for every client we serve. On our commitment to their cases, previous car accident clients say:
- Michael: The driver of a car that ran a red light at high speed crashed into the car that I was driving…I hired Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to represent me…I received excellent service and the best possible outcome…I would give my highest recommendation to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
- Donny: Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. helped my wife and I when we were in a car accident. I’m glad we were referred to this firm. They kept us up to date…and helped us get compensation for our medical bills and time lost from work. Thank you so much for your help!
Please browse our client testimonials page. It contains additional reviews and recommendations that give you insight into our commitment to every client we represent and their fight for fair financial recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
What a Uniondale Car Accident Lawyer Will Do for You
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has represented clients injured in car accidents for more than 30 years. We know your rights, and we know how to see that they are both protected and asserted. You can enjoy the relief in knowing that we will handle every aspect of your case, including:
- Keeping you informed and up to date as your case progresses
- Identifying and proving who was at at-fault for the accident and liable for your damages
- Communicating with anyone involved in your case, from insurance companies to lawyers, to witnesses, and the courts
- Gathering evidence from every nook and cranny to build an airtight case
- Calculating the damages you have incurred to get you the compensation you deserve
Uniondale Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Keeping You Updated
We know you are anxious about your case. Your life as you know it hinges on how and when your case will be resolved. We take this stress you are experiencing very seriously.
We will keep you fully informed of every significant development of your claim. We will take the time to patiently, compassionately, and comprehensively answer all your questions. We will explain where we are in the case and how we anticipate the case going forward.
When you have a question, concern, or thought about your case, just call or email us. We will answer and respond promptly with the information you need to put your mind at ease.
Identifying and Proving the At-Fault and Liable Party
To collect compensation from the person at fault for your accident and injuries, we need to prove liability. Insurance companies and courts expect this to be done in a particular way, and we will make sure it is done correctly. . We will:
- Show that another party had a duty to take reasonable steps to keep you from danger (every driver has this duty, by the way)
- Use evidence to prove that the at-fault party in your case failed to take these steps
- Illustrate how the failure to take these reasonable steps caused the accident that resulted in your injuries
- Demonstrate that you have suffered damages—bodily, economic, and emotional—as a result
These four proofs form the foundation of your case. Our goal is to submit a rock-solid presentation to the insurance company, demonstrating to them the strength of your case and the compelling nature of our arguments if the case goes to a trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will build a framework of evidence to support your case. A Uniondale car accident lawyer from our firm will collect compelling materials pertaining to every relevant and significant aspect of your case. Our investigation will include obtaining some or all of the following:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Work and paycheck history
- Information for an on-site visit to the scene of the accident
- Opinions from experts (medical, vocational, rehabilitation, economic, life planning)
- Accident reconstruction specialist report
- Surveillance or other videos
- Witness statements
The Uniondale car accident lawyer of Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Injury Lawyers will work tirelessly for you on every important detail of your case. When we take on this vital aspect of case-building, one of our most important goals is to create the conditions that will support you having peace of mind so you can focus on your medical treatment and recovering from your injuries.
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
This part involves much more than the math of adding up expense receipts. It requires knowing how this accident has impacted you—and will continue to affect you—and how to arrive at numbers representing damages for which receipts are not relevant.
Some of your damages will be economic and may include:
- Medical treatment by doctors and surgeons
- Emergency transportation to the hospital
- Your stay in the hospital
- Any prescribed medications, including for pain management
- Income lost as the result of missing work
- Work benefits that correspond with missing work
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Replacement services
Some of your damages could be non-economic, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
We will combine our in-house knowledge with the expertise of experts in a variety of fields to calculate line-item damages. We will then total these damages as we enter into settlement negotiations with the liable party’s insurer, ever mindful of our goal, to obtain the best possible result for you.
Wrongful Death Action
Sometimes a car accident results in the death of a loved one. If you experienced such a loss, please accept our deepest condolences. You can pursue a wrongful death action and hold the at-fault party legally accountable. The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will handle this for you with compassion and dignity.
In addition to the damages your loved one would have been able to recover in a personal injury case had they survived the accident, your family can recover several types of wrongful death damages. These can include:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium (These are special types of harm, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is a wrongful death victim.)
- Loss of society
Every friend and family member will be affected by the sudden loss of a loved one. New York law, though, dictates which family members can recover damages. Our personal injury lawyer will ensure you understand which family members can file a wrongful death action. Typically, this includes the deceased person’s spouse, parents, and children. This may be further impacted by whether or not the loved one who has passed left a valid Will or not.
Marital status and other factors can also affect which family member can seek compensation. The best way to understand your legal position after the loss of a loved one is to review it with a member of our team.
Presenting Your Case for Resolution
The first step we take at this stage of the case, once we have thoroughly reviewed your medical treatment records and the documentation pertaining to the cause of the accident, is to enter into settlement negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurer.
If the insurer disputes the value of damages, our team will work to negotiate for the best possible settlement amount on your behalf. If the insurance company denies the claim, depending upon the circumstances of your case, we will file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court.
Here, we will represent you, litigate for you, and champion your right to compensation. You have a limited time to file a lawsuit within the state’s statutes of limitations and to comply with other critical case deadlines, (as well as potentially having limited time to gather critical evidence, such as witness statements and video recordings from surveillance cameras and dashcams,) so contact us as soon as you can.
We Will Not Add to the Financial Burden of a Car Accident
A car accident in Uniondale can lead to a wide range of unexpected expenses. From ambulance fees to hospital admissions to assistive medical devices, the costs start right at the scene of the accident. These costs only increase over time and can be long-lasting, depending on the severity of your injuries.
When we represent you, we do not add attorney’s fees to these costs — especially since they can be simultaneous to a loss of income due to your injuries. Instead, we take your case on a contingency fee basis. We will pay the upfront costs of:
- Investigating the cause of your accident
- Court documents and filing fees
- Expert witnesses and consultants
It costs nothing to get started because our personal injury team is only compensated when you are.
We accept a percentage of your settlement or verdict in lieu of hourly fees. We are also transparent about our fee structure and percentage upfront and will review every aspect of your case with you before you sign a representation agreement.
Let Us Take Your Case and Your Worries and Get the Compensation You Deserve
Call our multilingual team who can speak to you in Spanish, Tamil, Greek, Kannada, or Bengali. We will meet with you for a free case review and get you started toward recovery. Call today.