If you have been injured in a car accident in New York, our goal is to hold the at-fault driver liable. The other driver had a duty of care, per Vehicle & Traffic Law § 1146, to you and other drivers on the road. If you suffered injuries in a car accident in New Hyde Park, New York City, or the surrounding area, a personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., wants to represent you, to win every dollar of compensation as well as the justice that you are entitled to .
Let our legal team review your case for free. During your free consultation, you will learn about your rights and the legal options available to you to pursue compensation for your accident-related expenses and losses. Call (516) 932-0400 now to get started.
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Will Fight for Compensation on Your Behalf
- Recoverable Damages in a New Hyde Park Car Accident Case
- There Are Time Limits on How Long You Can Wait to Take Legal Action
- Our Team Takes on All Types of New Hyde Park Car Accident Claims
- Call Our Team to Start Working with a New Hyde Park Car Accident Attorney
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Will Fight for Compensation on Your Behalf
Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will not back down when it comes to fighting for the compensation you need to get back on your feet after getting into a car accident in New Hyde Park. Our attorneys are passionate advocates for the injured and will take legal action on your behalf to hold the at-fault motorist liable.
When we take on your car accident case, our team will:
- Keep you updated on the case and alert you if you receive a settlement offer from the insurance company
- Identify the liable party or parties who may be held accountable for your damages
- Communicate with interested parties, such as the insurance company or the opposing legal team, on your behalf
- Gather evidence, such as the crash report, video footage, and witness testimony
- Determine a value for your case, which is done by calculating your damages
We Will Review Relevant Insurance Policies for You
We will also review how the state’s auto insurance laws affect your case. We are ready and able to take legal action on your behalf to the fullest extent allowed by law. The various services we provide include:
- Filing an insurance claim based on your personal injury protection (PIP) no-fault insurance coverage
- Filing an insurance claim based on the at-fault driver’s auto liability coverage
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver
We Will Consult Expert Witnesses if Necessary
To support recovering compensation in your case, we will collect all available evidence. Depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, we will call on the appropriate expert witnesses who can help us prove negligence, liability, and the value of your damages. This may include:
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Medical experts
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Lifecare planners
To get started today with a free evaluation of your case, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., at (516) 932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving New Hyde Park, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in a New Hyde Park Car Accident Case
When we pursue damages for our clients, we must collect evidence to prove the expenses and losses they endured because of the accident and their injuries. A New Hyde Park car accident lawyer will build a case on your behalf by documenting the cost of your:
- Medical treatment and related care
- Future medical care costs related to the accident
- Ongoing care costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages, including repair or replacement of your vehicle
We will also put a price on the non-economic losses you experienced—and continue to experience—as a result of the accident and your injuries. Non-economic losses may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished life enjoyment
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
Wrongful Death Damages
If a family member passed away, we are sorry for your loss. We offer compassionate support and legal representation for such tragic circumstances. We can file a wrongful death claim and pursue additional damages, such as:
- Costs to arrange a funeral service for your loved one
- Financial income you lose due to your loved one’s passing, including future income loss
- Loss of parental guidance, companionship, love, and affection
- Medical debts you inherited from your loved one
- Pain and suffering that your loved one, you, and your family all experienced
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today to talk to a caring member of our team about your options for pursuing a wrongful death claim.
New Hyde Park Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
There Are Time Limits on How Long You Can Wait to Take Legal Action
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 imposes a statute of limitations that creates a deadline for how long you can wait to file a lawsuit against a negligent driver after a car accident in the state.
We need to act before this deadline passes.. Some reasons why you should file your case sooner rather than later include the following:
- If you miss your case’s filing deadline, your case could get dismissed and you would lose your right to pursue compensation.
- Evidence may expire within a short timeframe and may not be available by the time you submit your case.
- Witnesses’ memories may fade or become unreliable the longer time passes from the accident.
Reach out to us as soon as possible after your accident, and we can go to work right away protecting your rights. The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Our Team Takes on All Types of New Hyde Park Car Accident Claims
Our team of car accident attorneys from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., serving New Hyde Park will work hard to build you a personal injury case on your behalf. We take on all types of motor vehicle accident cases, including those that led to catastrophic injuries. This includes:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Burns and scarring
- Internal injuries
- Loss of a limb or use of a limb
- Other serious injuries
We understand all the various causes of car accidents and we know how to build a case based on each particular type of accident. Let us go to work for you today. We handle the following types of car accident cases:
- Rear-end accident
- T-bone accident
- Head-on collision
- Distracted driving accident
- Drunk or drugged driving accident
- Drowsy driving accident or falling asleep behind the wheel
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uber or Lyft accident
- Taxicab accident
We will investigate the cause of your accident, identifying the potentially liable parties and collecting evidence to prove their negligent actions. This could include:
- Texting or talking on the phone while driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Following too closely
- Failing to yield right of way
- Failing to obey traffic signals
- Breaking other traffic laws
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
A New Hyde Park car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will review your case before working on it and assess what materials you need to build a strong argument. We take on all car accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. You pay nothing out of pocket and fees are due only when we recover monetary compensation for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Team to Start Working with a New Hyde Park Car Accident Attorney
If you sustained injuries in a car accident in New Hyde Park, New York City, or the surrounding area, we will help you understand your rights and pursue compensation. We will explain your options based on the facts of your case, and even have multilingual staff who can discuss your case with you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada.
Call a New Hyde Park car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today at (516) 932-0400 to learn more.