Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider does not follow the generally accepted standard of medical practice and by doing so harms a patient.
Medical negligence is devastating for both the patient and their family. A New Hyde Park medical malpractice lawyer will pursue justice and compensation. NY § 214 limits the time to file a civil lawsuit and other case-deadlines apply as well. Additionally, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf. Please call us today
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. offer free consultations at your home or the hospital on Long Island and in the greater New York metropolitan area. Call (516) 932-0400.
We Offer Compassionate and Responsive Legal Representation
If a physician or another medical practitioner caused your injury by either taking the wrong action or not taking a necessary action at all, you may be entitled to compensation.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you recover damages because of a medical error, neglect, or omission. Our legal and administrative team will begin our work on your behalf by conducting a thorough analysis of your case. As our work proceeds, we will place emphasis on five key areas:
- Keep you updated about your case.
- Identify all liable parties, including providers and facilities.
- Communicate with liable parties so you can focus on feeling better.
- Obtain evidence to substantiate your case.
- Valuate your damages both current and predicted.
Our law firm is committed to helping clients get the compensation they deserve. We invite you to call for a free consultation. Our multilingual team will answer your questions in several languages: Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving New Hyde Park, call 516-932-0400
Our Firm Handles Many Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical malpractice cases are challenging because there are often multiple parties and a more complex timeline than other types of injuries. A medical malpractice lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. also must consider three factors to pursue compensation:
- The physician or medical provider deviated from generally accepted standards of medical practice.
- This deviation caused, contributed, or worsened a patient’s injuries or illness.
- Your injuries are permanent and diminish or impair your quality of life, including your ability to work.
We help injured and disabled clients in New Hyde Park malpractice due to:
- Birth injuries
- Failure to treat
- Failure to warn about risk
- Delayed, missed, or incorrect diagnosis
- Surgical mistakes
- Secondary infection or complications
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
If you suspect that you are a victim of medical malpractice, please call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation: (516) 932-0400.
New Hyde Park Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers Build a Strong and Compelling Case
It is rare that a medical professional will admit to a medical error or omission. That is why you should consult a law firm that has the resources, staff, and a deep understanding of proving liability in a medical malpractice case.
A New Hyde Park medical malpractice lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. secures evidence and documentation to name the at-fault party. This evidence may include:
- Medical records including charts, logs, recordings, imaging tests, notes, and transcripts.
- Testimony from medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, or economists.
- Photographs and other proof of your injuries.
- Prior medical error or negligence claims.
- Additional plaintiffs or prior complaints.
If a medical provider or facility did not uphold accepted medical practice, we will hold that person or facility accountable.
Compensatory Damages in a Medical Malpractice Case
Depending on the extent and severity of your injuries, a medical malpractice lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will calculate both economic and non-economic damages.
These types of damages might include:
- Current and projected medical treatment, services, therapies, surgeries, and rehabilitation
- Lifecare costs
- Medical equipment and adaptations for your home (i.e. wheelchair ramp)
- Lost wages and benefits
- Reduced earning ability
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Wrongful Death Due to Medical Malpractice
Please accept our sympathies if you lost a family member due to medical negligence. You and other surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for the pain and suffering of your loved one, final expenses, and lost income. Please call a New Hyde Park medical malpractice lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation: (516) 932-0400.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Legal Team Gets Results
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has recovered more than $250 million in compensation for our clients, including these medical malpractice cases:
- $8,045,454 for a child who suffered a birth injury
- $750,000 wrongful death after routine surgery
- $750,000 wrongful death after routine childbirth
Past results are not a guarantee of future outcomes, but rest assured our legal team will vigorously pursue compensation for you and your family.
We Identify Liable Parties
It is our experience that medical malpractice cases usually involve more than one defendant. For example, if you or a loved one suffered an injury during an operation, a lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will examine the actions and roles of each member of the surgical team.
A medical malpractice case may include one or more of the following individuals:
- Physician assistants
- Nurses (RN, LPN)
- Nurse practitioners
- Oral surgeons
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- Medical testing technicians
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will also consider any wrongdoing or liability at medical facilities, including:
- Urgent care centers and walk-in clinics
- Surgery centers
- Private medical practices
- Testing and imaging facilities
- Nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and Assisted Living Facilities (ALF)
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Any deviation from generally accepted medical practice could result in injury, illness, or the worsening of existing conditions. Some of the ways that medical malpractice occurs include:
- Administering an incorrect dosage of medication or giving the wrong medication.
- Dirty or unsanitary facilities that lead to infection.
- Mislabeling and other improper testing procedures that result in delayed or incorrect diagnosis.
- Insufficient training of medical and clinical staff.
Let Us Help You With Your Medical Malpractice Case
There is no excuse for careless or substandard medical care. A New Hyde Park medical malpractice lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will clearly show how medical error or neglect caused your injuries and damages.
We will fight for the compensation that you deserve. For a free consultation, call us today at (516) 932-0400.