Fewer professionals experience the absolute trust that medical professionals often enjoy. When you entrust a doctor, surgeon, hospital, or medical specialist with your health, and they act in a way that harms you due to a lack of the appropriate level of care, they have breached a fundamental duty that they owe to you.
With this violation of duty comes a responsibility to compensate you, the patient, for the physical injury, emotional aftermath, and economic consequences of their negligence. A New Cassel medical malpractice lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will champion your claim for compensation to insurers and a court of law, if necessary. Our multilingual staff (English, Tamil, Kannada, Greek, Bengali, and Spanish) will be happy to assist you, and we are happy to meet with you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
Call 516-932-0400 today for a free, no-obligation case review.
In This Article
- We Accept Cases Representing All Types of Medical Malpractice in New Cassel
- How New Cassel Medical Malpractice Happens—and Who is Responsible?
- When a Medical Treatment Facility Commits Medical Malpractice
- How We Establish Liability for Your New Cassel Medical Malpractice Claim
- Recoverable Damages in a New Cassel Medical Malpractice Case
- How a New Cassel Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Benefit Your Case
- New Cassel Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
We Accept Cases Representing All Types of Medical Malpractice in New Cassel
Any form of medical care, procedure, surgery, or treatment consists of multiple links in a long chain, each of which must fit together to lead to the desired health outcome. Mistakes can happen with any link in this chain, rendering the whole process incomplete and ineffective—and sometimes introducing new problems.
Examples of the types of problems that can occur when treating a medical condition include the following:
- Failing to diagnose
- Failing to diagnose in a timely manner
- Mistakes in medication
- Failure to treat the patient
- Surgical mistakes
- Failing to prevent secondary infection
- Diagnostic mistakes
- Failure to advise patient of risks of treatment
- Childbirth injuries
- Obstetrics-related negligence
If you have experienced medical problems stemming from any of the above factors, you may have a case for medical malpractice. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. accepts all the above types of medical malpractice cases.
For a free legal consultation with a Medical Malpractice lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
How New Cassel Medical Malpractice Happens—and Who is Responsible?
Medical malpractice results from the carelessness, recklessness, or negligence of any medical practitioner who works as a link in the chain of your medical treatment. When you agree to medical treatment, you initiate a process that may include having a great number of medical professionals involved in your health care.
Medical Professionals Who May Be Liable for Your Injuries
At any point, any one of these professionals—or a combination thereof—can act in a way that results in your injury. These practitioners include:
- Medical assistants
- Medical lab technicians
- Nurse practitioners
- Dentists and oral surgeons
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
New Cassel Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
When a Medical Treatment Facility Commits Medical Malpractice
The very environment in which you receive your medical treatment plays a critical role in the delivery of your medical care and treatment. From proper facility maintenance to responsible hiring and staffing to diligent quality control and adherence to strict policies and procedures, the facility can make or break any medical treatment or procedure.
Treatment Facilities That May Be Liable for Your Injuries
Any facility that hosts some aspect of your health or medical treatment can act in a way that negatively affects your health and well-being. Examples of these facilities include:
- Medical clinics
- Testing laboratories
- Imaging centers
- Residential care facilities
- Nursing homes
- Urgent care facilities
Our medical malpractice legal team serves the people of New Cassel who have suffered personal injury at the hands of any member of the medical community. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at 516-932-0400 for a free, no-obligation consultation.
How Your New Cassel Medical Malpractice Lawyer Will Investigate Your Case
Your New Cassel legal team will analyze every aspect of your medical treatment and/or care. Many layers comprise the medical industry, and we know where to look within each layer for telling evidence about how your medical malpractice happened—and who should be liable for the injuries and resulting damages that you have experienced and that you may experience.
A name—or several—will eventually emerge to identify the medical professionals or facilities whose actions or inactions caused your injury or caused an existing condition to worsen.
With this name or list in hand, we will review:
- The medical professional’s history in the field of medicine
- Your medical records
- History of the medical treatment facility
- Statements from witnesses
- Opinions from experts in the medical community
At the end of our investigation, we will stand on steady ground to pursue the next step: establishing the occurrence of medical malpractice.
How We Establish Liability for Your New Cassel Medical Malpractice Claim
To legally prove medical malpractice, the law requires that we establish the following statements to be true:
- You had a doctor-patient relationship with the medical entity you are suing.
- The medical professional was negligent in your diagnosis or treatment by failing to act in a way that a competent physician, in the same circumstances, should have acted. We have to prove that the doctor did not meet the appropriate / generally accepted medical practice standard.
- The medical professional’s negligence “more likely than not” caused your injury.
- The injury you suffered resulted in specific damages.
We will work tirelessly to prove all the above statements using the evidence we have gathered during our investigation, as well as the opinions of experts in the medical field.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Damages in a New Cassel Medical Malpractice Case
Depending upon the specific details of your case and your injury, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Assistive devices
- Home health care
- Prescription medicines
- Diminished quality of life
Your New Cassel medical malpractice lawyer will work diligently to recover the maximum amount of compensation in your case so you need not worry about the economic impact of your injuries and you can feel justified that a professional injustice was noted and corrected. Even beyond the compensation and justice you deserve, your legal action could make the difference for a future patient in the same situation.
How a New Cassel Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Benefit Your Case
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has worked to advocate the rights of medical practice victims since 1991. We will champion your right to compensation and get results in a timely manner so you can get your life back on track.
As your medical malpractice lawyers, we commit to:
- Keep you updated on your case
- Establish fault and liability in your case
- Handle every aspect of your case
- Document your legal claim
- Calculate your damages
New Cassel Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
New York’s statute of limitations limits the amount of time you have to pursue legal action in your medical malpractice case. The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. stands ready to help you press forward. Call our office today at 516-932-0400 for a free consultation.