It is difficult to imagine a relationship that requires more trust than that between patient and physician. When this trust is violated via a doctor’s negligence toward the care and welfare of their patient, the patient deserves to receive compensation.
If a physician’s negligence led to you being injured or worsened an existing condition, you can seek to recover damages.
A Freeport personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will passionately advocate for you to insurers and, if necessary and indicated, to a court of law. We will champion your right to compensation as we have fought for medical malpractice clients since 1991.
Call 516-932-0400 today for a free, no-obligation case review. Our multilingual staff (Tamil, Kannada, Greek, Bengali, and English) will be happy to assist you.
In This Article
- Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
- What Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Do for Your Medical Malpractice Case
- Taking a Proactive Role in Keeping You Informed
- Determining Which Party or Parties are Liable for Your Damages
- Considering the Role of the Freeport Hospital or Medical Facility
- Establishing Your Case Requires Proof
- You Have a Limited Amount of Time to Take Legal Action on Your Case
- Freeport Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
Physicians cannot always be expected to cure their patients. However, when a doctor’s negligence causes harm to their patient or makes their existing condition worse, the physician is guilty of medical malpractice. In such a case, the patient can demand that the doctor compensate them for any damages related to the injury or condition the physician caused.
There are many types of medical malpractice. Some common forms of this negligence include:
- Failure to diagnose (or late diagnosis)
- Surgery errors
- Foreign object(s) left inside patient’s body following a surgery,
- Anesthesia errors
- Failure to prevent secondary infection
- Medication errors
- Childbirth injuries
- Wrong-site surgeries
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Failing to advise the patient of treatment risks
- Failure to treat the patient
We also handle wrongful death cases if a physician or other medical treatment provider’s negligence led to a loved one’s death. We appreciate the enormity of such a tragedy. We are dedicated to fighting for the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves. .
Regardless of how medical negligence factored into your injury or condition, the legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P will fight tirelessly to see that you are compensated.
For a free legal consultation with a Medical Malpractice lawyer serving Freeport, call 516-932-0400
What Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Do for Your Medical Malpractice Case
Our personal injury legal team will handle every step of your medical malpractice case with zeal, professionalism, and compassion. We want our representation to make you feel that your voice is being heard, your needs are being met, and you are moving forward toward a favorable resolution of your case.
When you hire Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. you can expect us to:
- Keep you updated on every aspect of your case
- Identify all liable parties
- Communicate with all parties for you, including insurers, lawyers, judges, and juries
- Gather the evidence needed to support your case
- Determine a value for your case
Freeport Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Taking a Proactive Role in Keeping You Informed
A Freeport medical malpractice lawyer will coordinate our strategy for your case and share it with you. As the case progresses, we will notify you of every benchmark, milestone, challenge, and victory. We welcome your questions, comments, and ideas, and we are always eager to take your calls, reply to your emails or texts, and/or meet to discuss the status of your case.
Determining Which Party or Parties are Liable for Your Damages
Typically, a patient’s medical treatment requires the involvement of multiple medical professionals. To determine which of these parties should be held liable for your injuries requires knowledge of the medical industry and superior investigative capabilities.
With our more than 25 years of fighting for those injured by the negligence of others, we know how to investigate, analyze and build a strong case for our clients. Specifically, when handling medical malpractice cases, we know to study every hand that played that part in your diagnosis, treatment, and care. Some of the parties whose actions we shall study in a medical malpractice case could include:
- Lab technicians
- Surgeons and surgical staff
- Imaging technicians
- Oral surgeons
Our exploration of your treatment plan and how it unfolded will eventually produce one or several parties whom we shall further investigate as a defendant in your medical malpractice case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Considering the Role of the Freeport Hospital or Medical Facility
Sometimes, we find that a client’s injury resulted partially or wholly from conditions at the facility where they received treatment. Whether via faulty equipment, inadequate training, or shoddy operations, a facility can cause or exacerbate a patient’s poor physical condition.
Consider the various medical facilities you entered during the medical experience that led to your injury or condition. Take notes and share them with your attorney so they can follow up with a thorough investigation of each location.
Some types of facilities we commonly see in medical malpractice actions include:
- Surgery centers
- Emergency centers
- Long-term care facilities and nursing homes
- Imaging centers
- Urgent care facilities
If we discover that such a facility played a role in your medical malpractice, we will proceed to include the facility in the legal actions we take going forward.
Establishing Your Case Requires Proof
The success of any medical malpractice case hinges on to how well the plaintiff’s lawyers establish that the health care professional demonstrated negligence in the plaintiff’s medical treatment or care and that the plaintiff sustained some injury resulting from this negligence.
Your Freeport medical malpractice lawyer will accomplish this task by proving the following arguments to be true:
- There was a doctor-patient relationship between you and the defendant—an argument that is easy to prove.
- The defendant provided substandard or negligent care, as compared with accepted medical care. In other words, your doctor did not exhibit the skill and care that a similar professional would have shown in a similar circumstance. We will call on expert witnesses to establish this argument.
- The defendant’s actions or inactions resulted in your sustaining an injury or physical condition, or they made an existing condition worse.
- We have quantifiable proof of the harm that the defendant’s negligence caused you. To compose this list of damages, we shall consult, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, with economists, medical professionals, and life-care planning and vocational rehabilitation experts.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to Take Legal Action on Your Case
The state of New York’s statute of limitations limits the amount of time you have to take legal action against the negligent parties in your medical malpractice case. In addition to the statute of limitations, there are other time-deadlines involved in prosecuting a case.
When you hire Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. as your attorneys, we will manage the statute of limitations and other deadlines and every other aspect of your case with utmost care and professionalism. Knowing this enables you to worry less about your case and focus instead on your medical treatment, physical recovery and rebuilding your life.