Slip and fall accidents often result in significant injuries with substantial medical costs, and they might prevent you from earning a paycheck, which adds to your financial stress.
A slip and fall accident and injury could happen in any setting—workplaces, homes, restaurants, etc.—for any number of reasons. If you got hurt on someone else’s property in New York, a Freeport personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight for your right to recover damages. Call us today for a free consultation.
- What Are the Most Common Causes of Slip and Falls?
- How Our Personal Injury Attorneys Manage a Slip and Fall Case
- Investigating Your Slip and Fall Accident in Freeport
- Proving Negligence in Your Freeport Slip and Fall Accident
- Property Owners Owe Visitors a Duty to Keep the Property Safe
- Calculating Your Damages and the Amounts We Will Work to Recover
- New York’s Statute of Limitations Gives You a Window in Which to File
- Get Help From Our Freeport Trip and Fall Lawyer
What Are the Most Common Causes of Slip and Falls?
Any type of accident or act of negligence could lead to a slip and fall. Some of the most common reasons we see slip and fall accidents happen include:
- Unsecured area rugs or floor mats
- Faulty stairway with missing or broken handrails
- Uneven or cracked walkways or sidewalks
- Ice and snow that has not been cleared or partially cleared in such a way as to make conditions more dangerous
- Spilled or leaking water/drinks/liquids
- Cords or cable across a pathway
- Improperly marked curbs
The slip and fall lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will investigate the cause of your injuries and work to ensure the liable party pays for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accident lawyer serving Freeport, call 516-932-0400
How Our Personal Injury Attorneys Manage a Slip and Fall Case
Our law firm has been handling personal injury cases, like slip and fall or trip and fall accidents and injuries, since 1991. We have a firm handle on the benefit of top-to-bottom legal service.
Hiring Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. means you will rest assured with the knowledge that we will effectively manage all the following aspects of your case:
- We will keep you consistently informed about the status and progress of your case.
- We will determine all your damages and calculate the total value of your case.
- We will investigate your slip or trip and fall and unearth the evidence to make your case stand up against insurers, lawyers, and in court.
- We will handle all communication with everyone involved in your case, from insurance companies to judges.
- We will establish that another party’s negligence caused your slip and fall.
Our injury lawyers will be compassionate to you as our client and will pay great attention to detail as they work on your case.
We Take Your Personal Injury Claim on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We know that in the aftermath of a slip and fall accident, you’re facing costly medical expenses and other financial losses associated with your accident. Our team does not wish to make your financial burden any heavier, which is why we run our law firm on a contingency fee basis. With this free agreement, you do not owe us anything until we win or settle your case.
Once we win your case, our team takes a percentage of your compensation to cover our attorney’s fees. This way, you never pay anything out-of-pocket. We also provide free initial consultations, so you have the chance to learn about your legal options at no cost.
Freeport Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Investigating Your Slip and Fall Accident in Freeport
Your Freeport slip and fall accident and injury lawyer knows that a personal injury case is only as strong as the evidence that supports it. This is why your legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will take such care extracting every bit of evidence we need to make your case solid.
The investigative work our legal team will perform for you, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, includes:
- Gathering all your medical records
- Getting the official accident report
- Demanding available photos and surveillance camera videos
- Obtaining wage statements from your employer
- Assessing facility safety records
- Visiting the scene of your slip and fall to look for more evidence
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Collecting testimonies from economists, as well as medical, vocational, and life-care planning experts
The evidence we gather will lay the groundwork for the next step in our process of building your case: establishing negligence.
Proving Negligence in Your Freeport Slip and Fall Accident
Plaintiffs in slip and fall accidents, like all personal injury cases, must establish negligence to recover their damages from the defendant. You establish negligence by meeting the following four criteria:
- Duty of care: The negligent party owed you a duty to take reasonable steps to keep you from suffering an injury.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party behaved negligently and breached this duty of care.
- Causation: The negligent party’s failure to fulfill their duty of care caused the accident that resulted in your injury.
- Damages: You suffered physical injury and sustained financial damages as a result of the accident caused by the at-fault party’s negligence.
The slip and fall/trip and fall lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will satisfy these criteria in a compelling manner.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Property Owners Owe Visitors a Duty to Keep the Property Safe
The law requires that facility and property owners take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of visitors whose presence on the property is forseeable. Property owners assume duties of care like:
- Maintaining the property to keep it safe
- Resolving property hazards within a reasonable timeframe
- While the hazard is being resolved, alerting others to the danger (e.g., warning posting signs and/or barriers.)
When a property owner breaches any of the above duties, and someone is injured as a result of this negligence, the owners could be liable for damages sustained by the accident victim.
Calculating Your Damages and the Amounts We Will Work to Recover
The damages we might seek to recover in your case depend upon several variables. Types of damages you could end up recovering include the following:
- Doctor’s and surgeon’s fees
- Lab tests and imaging fees
- Assistive devices
- Ambulance transport
- Prescribed medicines
- Physical rehabilitation/therapy
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished earning potential
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Replacement services
If you lost a loved one due to injuries they sustained in a Freeport slip and fall accident, we will file a wrongful death action. The team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you through this difficult time and seek justice for your loved one.
New York’s Statute of Limitations Gives You a Window in Which to File
The state of New York’s statute of limitations, New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, restricts the amount of time from the date of your slip and fall/trip and fall accident in which you have to file any legal action in civil court. Under certain circumstances, an even shorter statute of limitations may apply to your case. Additionally, claims and lawsuits have other time deadlines that must be adhered to.
Our personal injury firm will stay on top of the statute of limitations and all other deadlines to make sure you are fully protected and that you do not miss out on any opportunity to receive the compensation you deserve.
We invite you to call us to discuss the applicable statute of limitations and other deadlines so you can understand your options and select the best course of action based on the right information.
Get Help From Our Freeport Trip and Fall Lawyer
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. takes great pride in our long history of going the extra mile for our clients. We know our job goes beyond knowing the law. We want to take care of you during this otherwise stressful time in your life.
Our staff will speak to you in your native tongue of English, Tamil, Spanish, Greek, Kannada, or Bengali. Call us today for a free, no-obligation legal consultation with our Freeport, NY slip and fall accident team.