Personal injury law gives injured victims opportunities to recover damages. If a person, company, or government entity neglected to uphold a required level of care, and their negligence led to an individual’s injury, they could be compelled to compensate the individual through legal means.
If you were hurt because of someone’s negligence, let the team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., help you build your case and file a personal injury claim or lawsuit on your behalf. You do not have to face insurance companies and legal attorneys alone, nor do you have to choose between prioritizing your injuries and personal hardships or fighting a legal battle.
If you live in the Garden City area on Long Island, a Garden City personal injury lawyer from our law firm will be able to assist you. Call (516) 932-0400 today for a free case evaluation. Our law firm wants to help you get the compensation you need.
In This Article
- Our Personal Injury Team Will Help You Build Your Case
- Types of Personal Injury Cases
- The Statute of Limitations Sets a Timeline for All Personal Injury Cases
- Your Lawyer Will Calculate How Much Compensation You Are Entitled to Collect
- Build Your Case with the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Team
Our Personal Injury Team Will Help You Build Your Case
One of the numerous benefits of working with our personal injury law firm is that we will relieve you of the burden of managing your case single handedly. As your legal representative, your attorney and their team will work on your behalf, updating you about pertinent details that require your approval and input. Otherwise, all the menial tasks and communication will be dealt with by your attorney.
Should you work with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will agree to help you build your case by:
- Keeping you updated on your case’s developments: As our work on your case moves forward and feedback returns from the insurance companies, the defendant’s legal team, or other involved parties, we will relay the same information to you so that you can make informed decisions on your case.
- Identifying potentially liable parties: In some cases, there might be more than one liable party involved. We will investigate the circumstances of your accident to see if other parties might have been comparatively negligent in your case.
- Communicating with other parties for you: Your attorney will speak on your behalf with insurance companies and lawyers to protect your statements from being misconstrued or deliberately twisted to deprive you of the compensation you deserve..
- Gathering evidence for your case: Our legal team will work to gather all evidence that is relevant to your claim and that we will use to support the strongest arguments that we can build on your behalf.
- Calculating the value of your damages: You might be entitled to more damages than just the medical expenses to cover your injuries. Our team will assess your situation and determine which damages you can claim.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Garden City, call 516-932-0400
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury lawyers work on a wide variety of cases, including:
- Construction accident cases
- Premises liability cases, which involve accidents that occur on private or public property (e.g., a slip and fall)
- Motor vehicle accident cases
- Defective product cases
- Medical malpractice cases
- Dog bite attack cases
- Nursing home abuse and neglect cases
Garden City Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
The Statute of Limitations Sets a Timeline for All Personal Injury Cases
The statute of limitations is a state law that dictates how long plaintiffs have to file a civil action lawsuit against a negligent party. Many states follow the general deadline set by this statute. However, certain factors will shorten or toll the statutory deadline. For example, personal injury cases involving municipalities, minors, and medical malpractice do not follow the general statutory deadline.
It is very important to consult with an experienced legal team to determine whether your personal injury case abides by the deadline set by New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 or if other different time limits apply . While your Garden City personal injury lawyer will take appropriate measures to ensure you do not miss the statutory deadline for your case, there are other reasons to be proactive in your pursuit of compensation. Many forms of evidence are not readily available after a month from the accident, let alone a year or more. If you intend to use surveillance footage or rely on witnesses’ testimonies, you will want to take action as soon as possible to get copies in time or make sure the witnesses still remember the incident.
Act now and call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today at (516) 932-0400 to start building your case.
Your Lawyer Will Calculate How Much Compensation You Are Entitled to Collect
As mentioned, our team will help you calculate the value of your damages, which might involve more than the medical expenses you have and/or continue to face. In personal injury cases, damages are generally divided into economic and non-economic damages, which we discuss below.
Economic damages factor in every expense or debt you faced as a result of the accident and your injuries. These damages may involve:
- Medical bills
- Property repair bills (or replacement value)
- Your salary if you lost income because of your injuries (e.g., you were physically incapable of performing the tasks of your work or you had to miss work to go to doctor’s appointments..)
- Potential salaries if you expected to receive a raise or promotion but can no longer accept it because of your injuries
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, do not have a financial value and might be more difficult to measure. These damages are more internally felt, as they carry varying levels of physical and emotional pain. Some examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional anguish
- Psychological trauma, including diagnosed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one passed away from their injuries, we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of accidents that result in wrongful death. You or a qualifying family member can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit to sue for related damages, such as funeral costs and loss of consortium. We are dedicated to winning the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Build Your Case with the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Team
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., wants to help you with your case. If you or a loved one suffered an injury because another party failed to uphold an expected level of care and obey relevant rules and regulations, you are entitled to file a claim or lawsuit against them to hold them liable for their negligence.
Call the team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation with one of our representatives, who will examine how a Garden City personal injury lawyer will be able to help you with your case.
We have a multilingual staff, so we offer language assistance in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.