While mathematically an “average” result could most likely be calculated, the resulting figure would be meaningless for a number of reasons. Because the figure could potentially be misleading, we do not gather such useless data and encourage our clients to look at their cases as we do. That is, no client that we represent and no case that we take on is merely “average”. Injuries and their effects differ from person to person. Factors that may affect settlement worth include:
- The severity of your injuries and how they affect your life and ability to work
- The circumstances of the accident
- The insurance coverage available
- Whether you share any fault for the accident (You could still be eligible for compensation if you do share the blame; however, conditions apply.)
These factors mean you could receive a different amount from someone else who suffered a similar injury in a similar type of accident. As an example, even two passengers sitting next to each other in a vehicle that is hit in the rear can have very different injuries, courses of medical treatment, degrees of recovery from their injuries, and consequential financial harm. Knowing an “average” result does not help either injured person develop a better understanding of their own case. We tailor everything we do to the specifics of our client’s circumstances.
In This Article
- What Are The Different Types of Compensation Available in an Injury Settlement?
- How Can I Recover Compensation for an Injury?
- What Types of Accidents Could You Recover Compensation For?
- How does a Personal Injury Lawyer Manage an Injury Case?
- Is It Expensive to Hire Legal Representation?
- We Are Passionate Advocates for Victims of Negligence
What Are The Different Types of Compensation Available in an Injury Settlement?
While settlement amounts vary, compensation awarded in injury cases can cover any or all of the following:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future rehabilitation costs
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and compensation if your ability to work is impaired
- Diminished quality of life
- Disability and disfigurement
- Property damage or loss
If the accident caused the tragic loss of a loved one, we would like to extend our deepest sympathies. If you would like to learn more about how we could assist you with a wrongful death action, please get in touch with our team.
For a free legal consultation, call 516-932-0400
How Can I Recover Compensation for an Injury?
Being injured can be stressful, especially if you learn that someone else caused your injuries. If your injuries prevent you from working, taking care of your family, or performing other everyday tasks, you may wonder how to pursue compensation for your losses.
Following an accident caused by another party, you may be able to file an insurance claim if coverage is available. However, issues can arise when:
- The at-fault party does not have insurance
- If your injuries exceed policy limits
- If an insurance company unfairly denies or delays a legitimate claim
- When an insurer does not negotiate a settlement fairly or stops negotiations
If you have concerns about how your insurance claim is being managed or want to learn about your legal options, arranging a free legal consultation as soon as possible would be prudent.
What Types of Accidents Could You Recover Compensation For?
We assist with injuries that result from:
- Slip, trip, or fall accidents
- Auto accidents
- Construction accidents
- Medical negligence during labor and delivery
- Truck accidents
- Uber and rideshare accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse & neglect
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
These are only a handful of the injury cases our team manages; we encourage you to contact us even if your accident type is not on this list.
How does a Personal Injury Lawyer Manage an Injury Case?
Personal injury lawsuits can be complicated during litigation and negotiation phases. The burden of proof rests with the person claiming injury caused by negligence and resulting damages. Building a case around complex injuries requires meticulous attention to detail and in-depth knowledge of injury law and medical matters. So they can properly focus on their recovery, many injured people choose to hire an injury attorney to do all of the legal heavy-lifting.
Our personal injury attorneys will prepare your accident case and fight for compensation on your behalf by:
- Keeping you updated on your case progression
- Identifying liable parties
- Communicating with all involved parties on your behalf (such as insurance companies or their legal representation)
- Gather the evidence required to prove your injuries were due to another party’s negligence
- Assess the financial impact of your damages and other related losses
- Preparing your accident case and fighting for compensation on your behalf
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Is It Expensive to Hire Legal Representation?
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are passionate advocates for people who are injured due to the negligence of others. We believe everyone should be able to access the legal system.
As such, we provide our services on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no up-front costs or out-of-pocket expenses for you to pay. We fund the cost of building and pursuing your case, only recovering fees after having achieved a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf. You face no financial risk when you work with our team.
We Are Passionate Advocates for Victims of Negligence
While there is no average personal injury settlement, our team can determine a fair value for your case. There is also nothing average about how we support our clients. We are proud of our long history of helping people injured due to negligence and of the positive effects our client-focused approach yields.
We offer free, impartial advice about personal injury without pressure to proceed. The choice is always yours. To learn more about your legal options, contact the Long Island team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. We are here to help.