If another party caused you to sustain injuries, you deserve compensation.
A Levittown personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will navigate your claim through the legal process. We will fight for you and your right to hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
For a free, no-obligation consultation and case review, call us now.
In This Article
- Types of Levittown Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- Proving Liability for Your Levittown Injuries
- Establishing the Value of Your Levittown Personal Injury Case
- Can You Sue for Future Losses and Expenses?
- Can You Sue for a Wrongful Death?
- How Working with a Personal Injury Lawyer Benefits You
- Complimentary Consultation for Levittown Personal Injury Clients
Types of Levittown Personal Injury Cases We Handle
No matter how your accident occurred, if someone else contributed to the cause of the accident, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight for your recovery. We are passionate advocates for the injured, fighting to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other damages.
If you need to file a personal injury claim for just about any type of accident, a Levittown personal injury lawyer will make the process much easier. Also, if there is evidence that another person caused your accident, that person will likely be liable for the costs of your injuries. The main types of personal injury cases in Levittown, NY are listed below.
We are experienced in each type of personal injury case mentioned below and we are ready to put that experience to work for you.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in Levittown, NY
- Auto accident
- Bike accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Truck accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Construction site accident
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
We tailor our legal representation to meet your needs. Our team handles every aspect of your case and will be there for you throughout the process, answering your questions and navigating this complex area of the law on your behalf.
Since 1991, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has helped clients get compensation for economic and non-economic damages. If you are seeking a Levittown personal injury lawyer, we are standing by to answer all your questions and to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
Proving Liability for Your Levittown Injuries
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team begins by investigating the details of your case to identify all parties who contributed to your injuries. Once we establish liability for your accident, we must demonstrate the legal elements necessary to prove fault.
Those elements are:
- The at-fault party had a legal obligation to act reasonably to protect others from unnecessary harm.
- The at-fault party acted negligently.
- The at-fault party’s negligence caused your injuries, making them liable for your damages.
- The injuries you sustained have had a significant negative impact on one or more aspects of your general wellbeing.
Our legal team will obtain all records, reports, documents, photos, and videos to support our findings of fault and liability. Once our team establishes liability, we will determine the amount of your damages.
Levittown Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Establishing the Value of Your Levittown Personal Injury Case
The next phase of building your case involves identifying all damages you suffered, establishing their value, and documenting each one.
You may be entitled to recover compensation for damages that include:
- Emergency medical transport and treatment
- Hospital treatment or surgery
- Medical imaging and testing
- Prescription medications
- Assistive devices
- In-home or residential care
- Lost income and benefits
- Lost job opportunities
- Personal property damage or loss
- Other out-of-pocket costs
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium (These are the special types of damages, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is seriously or catastrophically injured or was a wrongful death victim.)
- Partial or total disability
Can You Sue for Future Losses and Expenses?
If you require future or ongoing medical treatment or personal care, we will include the projected costs of your future needs in your claim’s value. You are also entitled to file for damages for any disability, permanent injury, or disfigurement you suffered. We will fight to recover these damages for you as well.
If you cannot return to work, or if you cannot resume your prior job duties as a result of your injury, we will include the projected value of future income, benefits, and opportunity losses in your claim.
It is important that we include accurate calculations of potential future damages in your lawsuit. Otherwise, you could run out of money before all of your financial obligations resulting from your accident injury are met, and you would not be allowed to sue the liable party again for further funds.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Can You Sue for a Wrongful Death?
Yes, the relatives of a wrongful death victim have the right to seek compensation on their loved one’s behalf. If someone you care about passed away due to another party’s negligence, please accept our condolences for your loss. It is our privilege to help people like you seek justice and appropriate compensation after the wrongful death of a beloved family member.
Here are some facts you should know about filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
- You have a limited time to file: The statute of limitations for wrongful death cases can be found in Estates, Powers & Trusts §5-4.1. The personal injury statute of limitations is slightly longer but just as strict. In either case, delaying your case too long could jeopardize your right to damages.
- You can seek damages for your suffering: Whether you experienced the emotional toll of bereavement, the financial toll of losing the deceased’s wages, or both, you are entitled to compensation.
- You can seek damages for the deceased’s suffering: Did your loved one pass away before filing a personal injury lawsuit? We will figure out how much they were entitled to recover and include that amount in your wrongful death action.
If your loved one died from another party’s negligence, the Levittown personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will make a wrongful death claim on your behalf. Contact us today for assistance: (516) 932-0400.
How Working with a Personal Injury Lawyer Benefits You
When you select a Levittown personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to represent you, you receive compassionate and professional legal representation. We protect your legal rights and tailor our legal services to your needs and the details of your case.
The highlights of our services to you include:
Providing Case Information & Updates
You deserve to know the status of your case and receive updates on important milestones and developments. We will be there to answer your questions and update you periodically as we move through the legal process. This includes:
- Updating you about where we are in the investigation, including what kinds of evidence we have collected or hope to collect
- Telling you if and when the liable party’s insurance company agrees to negotiate a settlement
- Assessing whether any settlement offers are appropriate
- Determining if and when you should consider taking the case to court
Determining Fault & Proving Liability
Every personal injury case requires that we identify an at-fault party or parties and prove they caused your injuries. Our legal team will determine who caused your injuries or contributed to your accident and demonstrate their liability for your damages.
In some cases, you might already know (or think you know) who is to blame for your accident. However, it is important to collect as much corroborating evidence as possible to support your case against:
- A driver
- A manufacturer, supplier, or distributor
- A property owner or lessee
- A maintenance crew
- A city, municipality, or other government entity
- A doctor, nurse, surgeon, or other medical professional
Communicating on Your Behalf with All Parties
Our legal team will communicate with all parties on your behalf. This will include the insurance company, other attorneys, and anyone else connected to your case. We handle every detail of your case, leaving you free to focus on your recovery.
Why let us do the talking? The other party’s legal team and insurance company will work to protect their client’s interests, not yours. They will try to reduce their client’s financial culpability by:
- Finding or interpreting evidence to “prove” that their client is not guilty and/or that your own supposed negligence contributed to the accident
- Getting a recorded statement from you that they will then go over for anything they can interpret as an admission of guilt or an inconsistency
- Getting their own experts to assess the accident
Anything you say to the liable party’s representatives could be used to undermine your lawsuit. It is much safer for you to let us speak to these parties. We know how to communicate with them in a way that does not compromise your case and that does present your claim in the most favorable light.
Collecting Evidence to Build Your Injury Case
We will gather all evidence related to your accident. Evidence will include:
- Accident reports
- Accident scene photos and video
- Accident witness statements
- Medical records
- Expert opinions
- Inspection reports
- Past complaints or legal actions against the liable party
Calculating the Value of Your Damages
Once we determine the extent of your economic, physical, and emotional damages, we will determine the value of your case. Depending upon the circumstances of your case, we will support the value of your damages using financial documents and medical records, as well as the opinions of doctors, economists, life-care planners, and vocational rehabilitation experts.
You have a limited time to take legal action for personal injury damages. The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you. To protect your right to recover the best possible amount of compensation, contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for help.
Complimentary Consultation for Levittown Personal Injury Clients
You do not have to face this challenge alone. The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Levittown lawyers understand how overwhelming your situation may seem. We are here to assist you. Our multilingual team also assists Greek, Spanish, Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali speakers.
We offer a free consultation and case review. Call today to learn more about how a Levittown personal injury lawyer will work to recover compensation for your injuries and other damages.