Victims of pedestrian accidents often suffer severe physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial losses. Our team of pedestrian accident lawyers serving Levittown, New York, will handle your claim on your behalf and fight for appropriate compensation.
The sooner we get to work, the more time we have to build a compelling case that persuades the insurance company to offer a fast and satisfactory settlement.
In This Article
- After a Pedestrian Accident, You Deserve Compensation
- Fighting For Compensation After an Accident
- Starting Your Personal Injury Case
- We Represent Pedestrian Accident Victims
After a Pedestrian Accident, You Deserve Compensation
As a pedestrian, obviously, you are more likely to suffer a severe injury than the occupants of the car or truck that hit you. After all, a sturdy vehicle protected them; you received no such protection. As such, you could face:
- Medical expenses: You may very well have hefty bills for ambulance rides, emergency room visits, medications, physical therapy, surgery, home nursing, and much more.
- Other related bills: You could include any expense (e.g., housekeeping services) that resulted from your accident-related injuries in your compensation claim.
- Lost income or benefits: This category includes the money you would have earned had the injury not forced you to stay home for days, weeks, or longer.
- Lost employment opportunities: Finding and keeping a good-paying job in your original field of employment is now difficult or impossible because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Physical and mental anguish stemming from your injuries has negatively affected your health, career, or other areas of your life.
- Disability: You no longer have the full physical or intellectual capacity you did before – either temporarily or permanently.
- Loss of consortium: Your relationship with your spouse has suffered due to your injuries.
- Impaired quality of life: This category includes a loss of independence requiring outside assistance for basic tasks (e.g., cooking or childcare) or an inability to engage in leisure activities that make your life more enjoyable.
After suffering any of the above, you have the right to seek damages. These awards will cover your financial losses, as well as your physical and psychological injuries. Our team will face off with the liable party’s insurance company – which always resists paying the full value of such damages – and fight on your behalf for an appropriate payout.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
Fighting For Compensation After an Accident
No one wants to deal with legal matters while trying to recover from a personal injury. However, by putting your claim and potential lawsuit in the hands of Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., you allow yourself to concentrate on your health and family while our team fights hard for your rights.
Our law firm charges no upfront attorney’s fees. Instead, we only collect fees if you receive a settlement or monetary award from a jury or arbitrator. This way, you do not have to worry about how you will afford the services we will provide to you, such as::
- Staying updated on your case: We will inform you of every development and explain what it means for you and your claim.
- Identifying liable parties: With pedestrian accidents, the liable party is often the party who hit you. However, mitigating circumstances like a faulty car part could allow you to sue more than one party in some cases.
- Communicating with all parties: Speaking with the insurance company yourself only gives them a chance to twist your words and deny you appropriate compensation. Let us protect you by talking to them on your behalf.
- Gathering evidence: The liable party’s insurance company will seek evidence that exonerates their client or shifts the blame for the accident onto you. Our firm will gather proof of the liable party’s guilt – and your need for a prompt settlement.
- Determining a value for your case: We have recovered as much as $2.1 million for our clients in past pedestrian accident cases. Our team will calculate the worth of your case and fight aggressively for that amount.
- Fighting on your behalf: We work tirelessly to win the best possible case outcome for you.
Per the New York City Department of Transportation, motor vehicles struck and killed 99 pedestrians in the city in 2020.
If you have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, please accept our sincere condolences for your loss. The lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., consider it a privilege to represent the surviving family members of pedestrian accident wrongful death victims from Levittown, New York. Let us fight for the justice and monetary compensation that your family deserves.
Levittown Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Starting Your Personal Injury Case
Per New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, personal injury victims have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit for damages. Missing this deadline could mean giving up your right to compensation, no matter how much you need it or how many additional expenses you incur in the future. Depending upon the facts of your accident, other, shorter statutes of limitations may apply to your case. It is best to consult with one of our experienced and dedicated pedestrian accident lawyers to make sure that all deadlines are met in a timely and technically correct manner.
In addition to legal deadlines, your case’s quality and the likelihood of success depend on the availability of evidence. Therefore, working with us as soon as possible makes it likelier that the evidence we seek will be easier to find and of higher quality, such as:
- Eyewitness accounts: People who saw the accident happen might be able to provide critical details that confirm your need for damages. However, waiting too long to speak with them could cause those memories to fade and become less dependable.
- Audio-visual footage: Witnesses, surveillance cameras, dashcams and traffic cams could have caught the accident on video. However, the owners of these recordings are not likely to keep them forever.
- Expert testimony: We often recruit economists, vocational rehabilitators, and other professionals to strengthen our clients’ cases. It is important to note that these experts need time to conduct a thorough analysis of the available relevant information and to present their findings, conclusions and forecasts or prognoses. It is best for us to be able to provide them with as much time to work as we can rather than trying to press them to complete their work under a relatively short deadline.
We Represent Pedestrian Accident Victims
If you reside in Levittown, New York, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., wants to handle your case. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free case review today. A member of our team will happily explain how our pedestrian accident lawyers work to get clients the compensation they need. Our staff assists clients in multiple languages, including Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.