If you sustained injuries in a construction accident in Levittown, NY, you deserve compensation for your injuries and other losses.
For a free case evaluation, contact us today.
- Let Us Help With Your Levittown Construction Accident Case
- The Benefits of Working With a Levittown Construction Accident Lawyer
- Establishing Liability for a Levittown Construction Accident
- Calculating the Value of Your Construction Accident Damages
- Free Consultation for Levittown Construction Accident Cases
Let Us Help With Your Levittown Construction Accident Case
Injuries caused by construction accidents can require extensive medical treatment and prevent you from returning to work until you recover. If you were in the course of your employment at the time of the accident, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, quite often, workers’ compensation benefits are not enough to cover all your post-accident expenses and damages. You might have other options.
As a general rule, New York employees injured in the course of their employment cannot sue their employer for any negligence that may have caused or contributed to the happening of the accident. However, the construction accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can identify any other party who may have caused or contributed to your injuries and depending upon the results of such investigation, pursue a third-party personal injury case on your behalf.
Our injury lawyers will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for the injuries and damages you suffered in your construction accident.
We have successfully handled a wide variety of construction accident cases in the past and we are prepared to handle any of the following, and others, for you:
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Falls from above (scaffolds, ladders)
- Crane accidents
- Falling debris
- Structural collapse
- Construction equipment malfunctions
- Safety violations
- Code violations
- Inferior design
- Defective materials or workmanship
- Fires and explosions
- Exposure to toxins
- Poor maintenance practices
- Inadequate equipment operator training
- Inadequate supervision
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. investigates your case, establishes fault, and proves liability for your damages. Our legal team identifies the recoverable damages and documents your case thoroughly.
We provide a free initial consultation, and we never collect a fee unless and until you recover the compensation you deserve. You will never have an out-of-pocket fee or expense when you choose our firm to fight for your rights. Call today to learn more and get started.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accident lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
The Benefits of Working With a Levittown Construction Accident Lawyer
Since 1991, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has been a passionate advocate for the injured. We will stand by you and fight to obtain the best possible outcome in your case.
Our services include:
Remaining in Constant Communication With You
Throughout the legal process, the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team provides answers to your questions and updates about your case.
We evaluate the evidence in your case to identify all parties that caused or contributed to your construction accident and prove their liability for your damages.
Communicating With Other Parties
We handle every facet of your case and communicate with all parties on your behalf. We communicate with other attorneys, insurance company representatives, and anyone else who may be involved.
Investigating Your Construction Accident
We conduct a thorough investigation of your construction accident and injuries, documenting the facts of the case and obtaining critical evidence.
Calculating Recoverable Damages
Our legal team identifies all economic and non-economic damages related to your case and obtains the documentation necessary to support the value of your claim.
To preserve your right to recover compensation for your damages, you must take legal action within the time allowed under the New York statutes. Taking these time limits into consideration, together with concerns about gathering evidence before it becomes unavailable for any one of many possible reasons, the sooner you contact us the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you.
Contact a Levittown construction accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today to get started.
Levittown Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Establishing Liability for a Levittown Construction Accident
The party liable for your construction accident may be any of the following:
- Property owner
- Construction manager
- General contractor
- Trade contractor / sub-contractor
- Material supplier
- Equipment rental firm
In some cases, multiple parties may have contributed to a construction accident. The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will investigate your case to identify the at-fault party and establish liability for your damages.
We document your case using information such as:
- Accident reports/incident reports
- Safety reports and records
- Photos and videos of the scene
- Statements from witnesses
- Building inspection reports
- Maintenance and service records
- Expert opinions
To prove liability, we demonstrate the following elements:
- Duty of Care: The defendant had a duty to act reasonably to protect others from harm.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant failed to act with reason and breached their duty of care due to wrongful or negligent acts.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty caused your construction accident, making them liable for your damages.
- Damages: You may have the right to recover economic and non-economic damages from the liable party.
OSHA’s Most Commonly Reported Construction Accident Injuries
According to U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) statistics, the four most frequently reported accidents and resulting injuries include:
- Same-level falls and falls from heights. These injuries are preventable with the right safety and fall arrest equipment. They can also be prevented by covering and labeling potentially hazardous floor openings.
- Being struck-by objects and moving machinery and equipment. As an employee, you should be provided with safety gear that increases your visibility on the site. Signage should also provide warnings of potentially dangerous moving parts.
- Being caught in or between dangerous areas. Adequate protection should be in place to prevent this from happening. Safety measures can include appropriate trenching, timely excavating, and installation of trench shield systems.
- Electrocutions. This life-threatening danger can be avoided by proper use of tools and equipment, ground-fault circuit interrupters, and signage that provides alerts on potential electrical dangers.
Negligence on a construction site includes not taking all foreseeable measures to protect non-construction workers whose on-site or nearby physical presence is foreseeable and should be anticipated as well as construction workers who, of course, are expected to be on-site. If one or more of these preventive measures were not in place at the time of your construction accident, a member of our team will document it.
Calculating the Value of Your Construction Accident Damages
To establish the value of your case, the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team identifies all economic, physical, and emotional damages related to your construction accident and injuries.
Your damages may include:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Physician and surgeon services
- Hospitalization and surgery
- Medical testing and imaging
- Medication and medical devices
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages and benefits
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Diminished earning capacity
- Direct expenses and out-of-pocket costs
You may also have the right to recover compensation for any disability, disfigurement, or permanent damage you sustained in your construction accident.
If you lost a loved one due to injuries sustained in a construction accident, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. wishes to express our sincere, heartfelt condolences. We are ready, willing, and able to pursue a wrongful death case on your behalf. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of wrongful death victims.
We will be honored to take on the mission of winning the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves. If such a tragedy is what has brought you to this page, we hope you will take the next step and call us.
We promise we will provide a patient, compassionate and comprehensive case review, laying out all your options so that you can make a decision about the best way to proceed.
Define the Relevant Statute of Limitations in Your Potential Levittown Lawsuit
Accurately calculating your damages is critical to ensuring you are not left with out-of-pocket expenses after a construction accident. Accurately defining the state’s statute of limitations is equally important.
If the statute of limitations expires, you could be unable to file your lawsuit at all. Even if you do manage to file your lawsuit late, the insurance company will request its immediate dismissal.
Letting us handle it for you is one way to ensure your case is not placed in jeopardy because of a misunderstood or miscalculated filing deadline. In New York:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 sets forth the most commonly applicable personal injury statute of limitations
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 prescribes the wrongful death statute of limitations
These guidelines are a starting point because many factors can alter the timeline and some factors may even make an even shorter statute of limitations the one that applies to your case. Our construction accident team will clarify the filing deadline for you and if you choose our firm to represent you, ensure timely and technically accurate compliance.
Read What Others Say About Our Client-Focused Legal Service and Support
You are never alone and will never feel alone when our construction accident team represents you. When they talk about our law firm, previous clients say:
- Daniel: The team of attorneys at Friedman & Simon are nothing short of amazing …Mr. Friedman could be reached at any time night or day. He went above & beyond to make sure I was comfortable from the very beginning of this case to the conclusion.
- Andrew: The firm provided me with excellent legal advice. They took the time to answer all my questions [and] always called me back within a day if not sooner. Most importantly, walked away with my medical bills all paid for and then some. Very happy and strongly recommended.
Find more accolades like these on our client testimonials page. They give you a glimpse of what it means to work with our communicative, client-focused personal injury team.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Free Consultation for Levittown Construction Accident Cases
The personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will work tirelessly for you to hold the at-fault party responsible and recover the compensation you need to move forward with your life. From beginning to end, we will be by your side, providing support and helping you through this challenging time.
Our helpful, multilingual legal team can assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. For a no-cost, no-obligation consultation and case review, call now.