If you suffered injuries in a construction accident, you may be entitled to compensation. A Hicksville construction accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you. We will demand that the parties who caused or contributed to your construction accident injuries pay for the harm they have caused you to suffer.
We provide a complimentary consultation and never collect a fee unless and until you recover compensation. Contact us today at (516) 932-0400.
In This Article
- Types of Hicksville Construction Accident Cases We Handle
- How a Hicksville Construction Accident Lawyer Will Fight for the Compensation You Need
- Proving Liability for Construction Accident Injuries
- Documenting Damages for Your Construction Accident Claim
- Wrongful Death Construction Accident Cases
- Get Help from a Construction Accident Lawyer in Hicksville Today
Types of Hicksville Construction Accident Cases We Handle
Construction accidents can be devastating for the victims, causing serious injuries that require ongoing medical treatment and extensive recovery time. If you are unable to work and without the means to pay your medical and household bills, you can easily become overwhelmed with stress and worry. The Hicksville construction accident attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are here for you.
We provide full-service legal representation tailored to your needs. We can assist you no matter what the cause of your accident may have been.
Common causes of construction accidents include:
- Trip & fall or slip & fall accidents
- Structural collapse
- Crane accidents
- Falling debris
- Falling building materials or tools
- Falls from scaffolding and ladders
- Fires, explosions, and chemical leaks
- Construction vehicle and equipment accidents
- Safety violations
- Building code violations
Our legal team thoroughly investigates the accident and documents every aspect of your claim. We identify all parties who were responsible for or contributed to the accident and establish their liability for your damages.
Liability for your injuries may fall to one or more of the following parties:
- Property owners
- Project developers
- Construction managers
- General contractors
- Equipment suppliers
- Material suppliers
- Third-party consultants
We handle every aspect of your claim. You are free to focus on your health and recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
How a Hicksville Construction Accident Lawyer Will Fight for the Compensation You Need
Since 1991, the personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have advocated for our clients, providing customized legal services to help them recover the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
We do the following for you:
Providing Answers, Information, & Updates
Our legal team is accessible whenever you need us, providing updates and answering any questions you might have. We do this by:
- Making sure the attorney and the member of our team of legal professionals who are working on your case make themselves available to speak with you. You can call whenever you have questions or news
- Coming to see you to get the case started wherever you are on Long Island or the New York metropolitan area
- Taking as much time as you need to explain the situation, your rights, and what your legal options are after a construction accident
Identifying Liable Parties
We determine who all the parties are that contributed to your accident and, using evidence and expert input, we establish their liability for your damages. Collecting sufficient evidence is crucial to convincing the liable party’s insurance company to pay compensation.
Communicating on Your Behalf
Throughout the process, we communicate on your behalf with the lawyers and insurance company representatives for the at-fault parties and other involved parties as well This way, you:
- Are able to concentrate on getting well and rebuilding your life
- Do not have to worry about misspeaking in front of an insurance adjuster who could, and most likely will try to, use any error or ambiguity you communicate to weaken your case
- Always have our team to turn to for experienced counsel when determining how to respond to the insurance company’s overtures or settlement offers
Investigating & Gathering Evidence
We use our resources to investigate your accident, documenting the facts and details of your incident to build a persuasive case. The more evidence we collect, the better your case might be able to stand up against the insurance company’s scrutiny.
It is very important to note that it is easier to gather evidence soon after the accident. Waiting too long could jeopardize the quality and value of:
- Eyewitness testimony, because witness memory inevitably fades over time
- Video footage, because the owners of such footage will most likely either delete, lose or record over it eventually
- Certain types of documents, which could be misplaced or destroyed after a certain period of time
Determining Claim Value
To establish the value of your claim, we identify your damages and support them with documentation and input from experts. Proper calculations will take into account:
- The money you have already spent or lost due to the accident
- The money you expect to spend or lose in the future due to the accident
- The length and severity of the physical and emotional pain your injuries have caused
- The ways in which you have been forced to change your life and lifestyle to accommodate your injuries
Once we investigate your case, we will have a better idea of how much it might be worth. In past construction accident cases, we have won amounts as varied as:
- $9,876,000 for injuries sustained after a fall from a ladder
- $2,600,000 for injuries sustained after a fall from a scaffold
- $1,600,000 for injuries sustained from a vehicular accident
- $990,000 for injuries sustained in a slip and fall accident
Our Firm Will Act Quickly on Your Behalf
Throughout the legal process, we protect your legal rights and fight to help you recover every dollar you deserve for your injuries.
You have limited time to pursue legal action for injuries sustained in a construction accident. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. as soon as possible so we can protect your rights.
Hicksville Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Proving Liability for Construction Accident Injuries
When you choose a Hicksville construction accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to assist you, our legal team begins by investigating your accident to identify the parties who contributed to your accident and the resulting damages. To accomplish this, we obtain documents and evidence that may include:
- Accident reports
- Accident scene photos
- Security video footage
- Inspection reports
- Equipment maintenance records
- Safety records
- Medical records
- Wage reports
The complex nature of construction accidents may require us to bring in experts to provide opinions on the details of your case. We may consult safety experts, engineers, accident reconstruction experts, and others as necessary.
To prove liability, we demonstrate that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care but, through negligence, carelessness, or reckless actions, they violated that responsibility. By showing that the at-fault party’s breach of duty caused your accident, we establish their liability for your damages.
Construction accidents may occur due to negligent acts that include:
- Structural design defects
- Improper construction methods
- Construction material defects
- Safety violations
- Building code violations
- Poor equipment repair and maintenance practices
- Failure to establish or enforce safety policies
- Insufficient equipment operator training
- Inadequate jobsite supervision
Whatever the cause of your construction accident, our team documents the case thoroughly to give you the best chance of recovering the compensation you deserve.
Documenting Damages for Your Construction Accident Claim
We establish your case’s worth by identifying and documenting your economic and non-economic damages. To do this, we might collect relevant bills, receipts, pay stubs, tax information, witness statements, medical records, and more.
The types of damages to which you are entitled may include:
- Medical treatment and care
- Medical testing
- Physical therapy
- Assistive devices
- Accessibility modifications to your home and vehicles
- Lost income and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium (These are the unique damages, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is severely or catastrophically injured or passes away as a result of the accident injuries.)
- Direct and out-of-pocket costs
Finally, if you require additional treatment and time away from work, we can consult economic, vocational, life-care, and medical experts to establish the value of your future medical care needs and lost income and benefits.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Wrongful Death Construction Accident Cases
If the loss of a loved one in a preventable construction accident is what led you to this page, on behalf of everyone at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are truly sorry for your loss. We consider it a great privilege to be able to help families like yours recover both justice and appropriate compensation after fatal accidents.
As with personal injury cases, you have a limited time to start a lawsuit against the liable party. Also like a personal injury case, you could seek compensation for any of the types of damages discussed above, as well as:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of the deceased’s financial support
- Loss of the deceased’s emotional support, companionship, and other benefits
If your loved one died from their construction accident injuries, you may qualify to pursue a wrongful death claim. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for help.
Get Help from a Construction Accident Lawyer in Hicksville Today
For assistance with your construction accident injury, contact the personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today. We will fight for the compensation you deserve. Our multilingual team can assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
Call (516) 932-0400 for your free consultation and case evaluation. Our team represents clients in Hicksville, New York, and throughout Long Island.