If you or someone you love is living with damaged vision or hearing because of another party’s actions, our personal injury team will build a case to hold them accountable for their actions and your injuries. We will collect evidence to prove the at-fault party did not provide you with the level of care they had a duty to provide you with, leading to your injuries and other damages.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our personal injury lawyers serving those who were injured in Hicksville, NY, or reside in Hicksville, NY and were injured elsewhere, will represent you in the settlement negotiation or process. If your case qualifies, we will also represent you in court if an acceptable monetary settlement is not forthcoming.
Our team takes care of all the important case details as we seek compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, loss of earning capacity, and physical and emotional pain and suffering.
- We Will Review How Your Vision or Hearing was Damaged
- Our Personal Injury Team Fights Hard for You
- Review Your Personal Injury Case Today
We Will Review How Your Vision or Hearing was Damaged
When our personal injury team represents you, we start by patiently listening to how your injury occurred. Then, we use the details you provide as the starting point for our investigation – determining the cause of your injuries will, in most cases, lead us to the identity of the at-fault party.
Here are some potential causes of visual and hearing damage that we could build a personal injury case around:
- Major car accidents, when severe enough, can cause a traumatic brain injury (TBI). According to Mayo Clinic, a TBI could cause blurred vision, ringing in your ears, and cranial nerve damage that leads to vision loss, double vision, or visual blind spots.
- Minor car accidents, including those where airbags deploy, can damage your vision and hearing due to sudden jolts and flying glass and debris.
- Injuries sustained at work, as those working in the building trades can be especially vulnerable to, could lead to vision and hearing damage – particularly in jobs that require hearing and vision protection. Tragically, construction accidents pose the risk of such terrible injuries.
- Medical malpractice, including failure to diagnose, medical and surgical errors and mishaps, and birth injuries can be the source of hearing and vision loss.
After identifying the at-fault party – or proving there are multiple at-fault parties – our team calculates the past, current, and ongoing costs of your injuries and the overall value of your case.
Determining the Costs of Treating Your Injuries
Depending on their severity, treating your vision and hearing loss could be ongoing and costly. For example, your treatment plan could include the following types of damages:
- Past and future medical bills, including treatment by optometrists, audiologists, and other health care specialists
- Assistive medical devices, including hearing aids and other tools that enhance your ability to care for yourself independently
- Past and future losses of income, including any future loss of earning capacity due to your injuries
When possible, we also request compensation for treatment-related travel expenses, in-home medical and domestic support, and other assistance you require throughout your recovery. We are especially sensitive to costs that may be unique to your circumstances. We understand that a “one size fits all” approach to claims and litigation does not serve our clients’ best interests. We are passionate about tailoring our representation to your situation.
The Value of Your Injury-Related Damages
In addition to the economic damages that we recover for your short- and long-term treatment, we will also request compensation for additional costs you face. Your injury-related recoverable damages could include:
- Lasting physical disabilities, disfiguring injuries, and permanent scarring
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering, as well as emotional distress from living and coping with your injuries
Claims and litigation seeking non-economic damages can be complex when it comes to proving and assigning a value. Fortunately our team has decades of experience. We are dedicated to winning the best possible outcome for you and we welcome the challenge. Included among the forms of supportive evidence that we will use are your medical records, your own statements about living with these injuries, and a written prognosis to demonstrate how these damages affect your life.
Filing Your Potential Lawsuit on Time
When you file a civil lawsuit in New York, the state law dictates how much time you have to do so. Depending on the cause of your injuries, these statutory filing deadlines might apply to your case:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 – the state’s personal injury statute of limitations
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214-A – the state’s medical malpractice statute of limitations
It is important to note that certain case types have significantly shorter statutes of limitations. While we present the information provided here for informational purposes, there is no substitute for speaking with a member of our team of legal professionals about the deadlines that will apply to your situation.
Complying with the statute of limitations avoids putting your potential lawsuit in jeopardy. In addition to legal deadlines, there are practical considerations for speaking with one of our vision & hearing loss lawyers ASAP after an accident. The sooner you put our team to work on your case, the more time we have to investigate, contact witnesses before their memories fade, and request residential and commercial photos and videos.
For a free legal consultation with a Vision and& Hearing Loss Injury lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
Our Personal Injury Team Fights Hard for You
When we agree to represent you, our personal injury team prepares your case from start to finish. Our services include advising you on any settlement offers you receive and determining if and when a trial is necessary. We will also:
- Provide you with timely updates
- Identify and pursue the liable parties
- Handle all communication for you
- Gather supportive evidence
- Determine the value of your case
- Fight tirelessly to win the best possible case outcome for you
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we treat you and every client we represent like a person, not a case file. We work hard to meet your needs—our vision & hearing loss injury lawyers will visit you at your home or hospital room in Hicksville, NY. We will also meet you on Long Island or anywhere else in the New York metropolitan area that is convenient for you.
Reviews and Recommendations from Satisfied Clients
Our personal injury law firm represents injury victims with integrity and compassion. Previous clients have left glowing reviews like these:
- “These guys are terrific, and their staff are so kind as well. Never had a problem with them. These lawyers are really here to help us. They really are concerned lawyers. So glad I found them.” – Martha
- “I feel that I was in very good hands with my case. They will explain it all to you, so you know what is coming. They made a bad time in my life as good as it could have been.” – Andrew
On our case results page, you will find examples of our firm’s record of client settlements and verdicts.
Hicksville Vision and& Hearing Loss Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Review Your Personal Injury Case Today
If you were injured in an accident in Hicksville, NY, and sustained vision and hearing damage, our injury lawyers will fight for your financial recovery. Find out more about our services by calling Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 today.