Medical providers have the responsibility to provide their patients with treatment that is, at the very least, consistent with the generally accepted standard of care. There are cases where a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional might act negligently or make a mistake that caused an injury. If this happens, the medical providers need to be held accountable for their actions.
If a medical practitioner’s negligent actions harmed you or caused an existing medical condition to worsen, you deserve compensation. A Hicksville medical malpractice lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will be on your side. As compassionate advocates for the injured, we handle every aspect of your case so you can focus on your recovery.
In This Article
- Accepting All Types of Medical Malpractice Cases in Hicksville
- Proving Fault & Liability for Your Hicksville Medical Malpractice Claim
- We Determine the Value of Your Medical Malpractice Case
- How a Hicksville Medical Malpractice Lawyer Benefits Your Case
- Make Sure to Know the Deadline to File Your Claim
- Contact Our Legal Team Today For a Free Consultation
Accepting All Types of Medical Malpractice Cases in Hicksville
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. assists clients who sustained injuries due to the actions or inactions of a medical practitioner. Our team handles all types of medical malpractice claims, including those that involve the following:
- Diagnostic error
- Missed or delayed diagnosis
- Surgical errors
- Failure to provide appropriate treatment
- Medication errors
- Childbirth injuries
- Obstetrical negligence
- Failure to advise of treatment risks/failure to obtain informed consent to treatment
- Preventable secondary infection
Patients could sustain injuries through the negligence, recklessness, or carelessness of any practitioners, including:
- Physician’s assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Medical testing technicians
- Dentists and oral surgeons
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
Treatment facilities could also have liability for malpractice, including:
- Surgery centers
- Urgent care facilities
- Medical clinics
- Testing laboratories
- Residential care centers and nursing homes
We investigate and document your case to establish fault and liability. We calculate the value of your case and handle every detail so that you can focus on your recovery. We work tirelessly to ensure you recover compensation for your damages.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today to talk to a Hicksville medical malpractice lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a Medical Malpractice lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
Proving Fault & Liability for Your Hicksville Medical Malpractice Claim
Our legal team investigates malpractice cases to identify the party or parties who caused or contributed to your or your loved one’s injuries. We document each aspect of your case thoroughly, using information that could include:
- Medical records
- Other documentation of your injuries
- Practitioner or facility history
Once we establish fault for your injuries, we must demonstrate the elements of a medical malpractice case. Practitioners must provide patients with treatment that is consistent with “good and accepted” care. If the practitioner failed to provide this level of care and you were harmed as a result, we can pursue a recovery of your damages.
Hicksville Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Determine the Value of Your Medical Malpractice Case
The value of each medical malpractice case is different because of the different types of losses someone incurred. Calculating the value of your recoverable damages is the first step to determining the value of a case. Recoverable damages reflect the amount of money that a court determines the defendant is legally obligated to pay for injuring someone. If you were injured because of a medical malpractice incident, there are a variety of damages you could recover.
Our attorneys will look at the value of both your economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages reimburse the victims for financial costs relating to the medical malpractice incident. The value of these damages is verified by the monetary losses the victim incurred. Non-economic damages are subjective, non-monetary losses that can be more difficult to quantify as a dollar amount. Our attorneys will carefully and thoroughly calculate the value of your non-economic damages.
Economic Damages You Could Recover in a Medical Malpractice Case
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team will identify all economic damages you suffered, which could include:
- Medical treatment and care: This includes any doctor’s visits, emergency room care, or ambulance rides you utilized because of your injuries. You also could recover damages for rehabilitation services such as occupational therapy or physical therapy. You could be reimbursed for medical treatments you have already paid for and also future treatments you are reasonably certain to need.
- Hospitalization: If your injuries require additional surgeries or hospital stays, you could be compensated for those costs. This may also include damages you have experienced if your insurance premiums were raised because of the costs you incurred for these treatments.
- Prescription drugs: Injuries that cause pain or infection could result in the need for prescription medications. While insurance could cover some of the costs, you will still most likely have out-of-pocket costs to obtain these medications. These costs can be added to your claim.
- Assistive devices: These include any external device that is designed, made, or adapted to help someone perform a particular task. These could include wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, hearing or visual aids, or adapted vehicles.
- Home health care: Home health care offers a wide range of healthcare services that can be given in the home. If your injuries are severe enough to where you need home health care assistance, those costs could be included in your claim.
- Lost wages: If your injuries caused you to be out of work for some time, you could recover compensation for the income you lost. If you were out of work for a short or long period, this can be included.
- Diminished earning capacity: Some injuries in medical malpractice cases might be severe enough to lower your ability to work in the same capacity. If you can not work as many hours or have to take on a lower-paying job, you could receive compensation. If you can not work at all, those losses can also be included in your claim.
If your injuries require future or ongoing treatment or if they will prevent you from returning to work, we will include the projected value of future treatment and income loss. We will also include the value of any permanent disability, damage, or disfigurement you experienced.
If medical malpractice harmed your baby during childbirth, you could also have the right to recover compensation for the time you needed to take off work to provide care, as well as other damages. We will fight to recover the maximum amount of all damages that you are entitled to.
Non-Economic Damages You Could Recover in a Medical Malpractice Case
- Impaired quality of life
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
We will also include the value of any permanent disability or disfigurement you experienced. If medical malpractice harmed your baby during childbirth, you could also have the right to recover compensation for the emotional hardships you faced as a parent, as well as other damages. We will fight to recover the maximum amount of all damages that you are entitled to.
Building Evidence for Damages
Medical malpractice claims require opinions or testimony from medical experts to make a case. We will call on experts and other resources to ensure an optimally-supported case.
To be awarded compensation, you have to prove your injuries are related to the medical malpractice incident. Our attorneys will investigate the situation in order to prove that medical negligence caused your injuries.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one to a medical malpractice incident, we offer you our heartfelt condolences. It is a special privilege to fight for the surviving family members of wrongful death victims. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your late loved one deserves.
We will work to recover damages unique to your situation, such as compensation for funeral bills or lost income to your family.
Click to contact our Hicksville Personal Injury Lawyers today
How a Hicksville Medical Malpractice Lawyer Benefits Your Case
Since 1991, the injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have represented medical malpractice victims in pursuing justice and compensation for their injuries and damages.
Recovering a settlement allows you to get your life back on track—and you are understandably anxious for a speedy resolution. Our team is committed to fighting for you to recover the compensation you deserve and achieving a timely resolution of your claim.
Our services to you include:
Updating You About Your Case
Throughout the legal process, our legal team will be there to answer your questions and provide updates about your case. A member of our team is available to answer your call 24/7. It is important to us to have good communication with our clients.
Establishing Fault and Liability
Our legal team understands the importance of a well-documented case. We will use the results of our investigation to identify the party responsible for your injuries and establish liability for your damages.
Handling Every Aspect of Your Case
We communicate with all parties on your behalf, including the insurance company and other attorneys. We represent you in every facet of your case, handling the details so you can focus on your health and recovery.
Documenting Your Legal Claim
We use our resources to investigate all aspects of your case. We document each element thoroughly to create the strongest possible case.
Calculating Your Damages
Our legal team identifies all economic and non-economic damages you incurred to ensure we recover the maximum compensation possible for your medical malpractice claim.
Our attorneys have recovered over $250 million in damages for our past clients. We aggressively advocate on your behalf to reach an appropriate settlement. If we are unable to reach a settlement, we are prepared to represent you in a trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Make Sure to Know the Deadline to File Your Claim
You have a limited time to pursue legal action for medical malpractice, per CVP § 214. Depending upon the unique circumstances of your claim, a shorter statute of limitations may apply. It is also very important to us that we be careful about practical time considerations, such as swiftly obtaining photos, surveillance and dashcam video, and witness statements.
Delay may lead to these important and potentially powerful items of evidence being unavailable for a wide variety of reasons. The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Contact Our Legal Team Today For a Free Consultation
As you struggle to recover and obtain the treatment you need for your injuries, you could fear for your future. However, you are not alone. The Hicksville medical malpractice lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight for you. We fight for our clients and their right to recover compensation for their damages. Our compassionate team will speak with you in multiple languages, including English, Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
For a complimentary case evaluation, click to contact our Hicksville Personal Injury Lawyers today or call us.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form