If a medical practitioner or facility, such as a doctor or hospital, caused you to sustain injuries or made an existing condition worse, you are entitled to compensation from the liable party or parties. A medical malpractice lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help build your case and help you fight for compensation.
Our law firm serves clients in Levittown, New York, meaning we are able to have a free consultation with you at our office, by phone, at the hospital, or even in your home if your injuries limit your mobility. We take care to cater to our clients’ personal needs as we build their cases, and we hope to help you on your legal journey as well.
In This Article
- We Are Ready to Stand Up Against All Medical Parties Involved in Your Case
- Our Team Will Investigate Your Case to Establish Who Is Assigned Liability
- We Will Review Your Medical Malpractice Case to Calculate Your Damages
- How Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers Will Help You in Levittown
- Get a Complimentary Case Review During Your Consultation with Our Law Firm
We Are Ready to Stand Up Against All Medical Parties Involved in Your Case
In medical malpractice cases, there might be more than one party liable for your injuries and resulting damages. Our team will investigate your case and identify who could have contributed to the cause of your injuries, then advise you on whether you should take action against them.
Because medical malpractice cases may involve a number of potentially liable parties, it might be in your best interests to assert multiple claims, if possible, to increase your chances of recovering compensation. Below are some of the parties you could qualify to take action against if they are involved in your case.
Different Types of Medical Practitioners Could Be Held Liable for Their Negligence
Any type of medical practitioner could be held liable for malpractice. Medical practitioners of all types have a duty to provide good and accepted care. If they fail to uphold this obligation, they might be liable for any damages patients suffer as a result.
Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has handled cases in the past that involved:
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Medical testing technicians
- Oral surgeons
- Mental health practitioners
Our team will review your situation and determine which individuals or practice groups are liable for your injuries.
Facilities Could Also Be Held Liable for Medical Malpractice
In some cases, a medical facility might be held liable for the actions of their employees, both practitioners and non-medical staff.
The following are facilities that you could held liable for damages:
- Nursing home
- Urgent care center
- Surgery center
- Physician practice group
- Medical testing lab
- Physician office
Whichever facility employee may have caused your injuries, the medical facility where you received care might be held liable. These facilities are obligated to administer regular procedures and supervision to prevent causing harm toward patients.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice By Law?
Medical malpractice involves any of the following medical errors:
- Missed diagnoses
- Delayed diagnoses
- Diagnostic errors
- Surgical errors
- Improper treatment
- Childbirth injuries
- Medication errors
- Medication interactions
- Secondary infections
- Failure to provide treatment
- Failure to advise of risks
Since 1991, our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has been helping victims of malpractice collect compensation.
A medical malpractice lawyer from our team will investigate your case and obtain evidence to prove liability for your injuries and other damages. We will fight to resolve your case in Levittown as quickly as possible to recover compensation for you.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
Our Team Will Investigate Your Case to Establish Who Is Assigned Liability
Our legal team will investigate your case and uncover the evidence we need to prove liability for your injuries. This process requires demonstrating the specific ways the practitioner or facility failed to provide good and accepted care.
To demonstrate that the medical practitioner in question committed malpractice, we will carefully analyze information and potential evidence from a variety of sources, such as:
- Medical records
- The practitioner’s or facility’s history, including any prior complaints made against them
- Expert opinions from other medical professionals
Expert opinions and testimony are vitally important for proving liability. We call on experts who have appropriate qualifications to help us make a strong and persuasive case on a client’s behalf.
Levittown Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Will Review Your Medical Malpractice Case to Calculate Your Damages
Our legal team will identify physical, emotional, and economic damages you sustained as a result of medical malpractice, then document your damages to establish the value of your case.
Below are some factors we will consider when calculating your damages.
We Will First Assess Your Current Damages
Your current damages will be a starting point to assess how much compensation you should demand. You could recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical testing and treatment costs
- Hospital and surgical costs
- Prescription medication costs
- In-home and residential care costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering
If you suffered other types of damages not listed here, we will review those losses and see if they should be added to your compensation demands. This is one of the ways we tailor the legal representation we provide to custom fit your unique, individual circumstances.
We Will Also Consider Future Damages You Might Endure
For injuries that require additional treatment or long-term care, you might be entitled to additional damages that include:
- Future medical treatment and care costs
- Diminished quality of life
- Future income and benefits loss
- Diminished earning capacity
- Permanent injury or disability
- Disfigurement and scarring
Calculating future damages into your compensation total is essential to avoid the risk of having no money to cover sudden related damages later on. Once you settle or resolve your case in court, you will not be able to collect additional compensation, so we make certain to factor in all damages that you are likely to suffer.
Other Damages Available to You if You Lost a Loved One
If you lost a loved one due to medical malpractice, please accept our heartfelt condolences. Our legal team is ready and able to represent you in a wrongful death action. These types of cases allow you to request other damages, such as:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium (The special types of damages, recognized by law, that a person experiences when their spouse is a wrongful death victim.)
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of financial support
We understand you and your family are undergoing emotional distress while dealing with the loss of your loved one, so we want to offer our assistance to help you manage your case.
You Must Act Promptly to Submit Your Medical Malpractice Case on Time
According to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214-A, you have a limited time to take legal action after a medical malpractice injury. There are also additional deadlines to consider. If you fail to act within any of the prescribed time limits, you lose your right to recover compensation for your damages. We make sure to meet every deadline in an timely and technically accurate manner, relieving you of the stress and burden.
How Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers Will Help You in Levittown
We provide comprehensive legal representation tailored to your needs and the details of the case. As your legal team, we will:
- Keep you updated on your medical malpractice case: We communicate with you throughout the entirety of the case, providing answers to any questions and updates about important developments and milestones.
- Prove liability for medical malpractice: Once we identify the party or parties who caused your injuries, we use our resources to establish their liability for your damages.
- Handle every detail of the case: We communicate with all parties on your behalf and handle all aspects of the legal process. This frees you to focus on your medical treatment, recovery, and getting your life back to normal.
- Investigate and document the case: When you select the injury attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to handle your medical malpractice case in Levittown, we begin by investigating the circumstances of your injuries. We obtain the evidence and documentation necessary to build a strong case for you.
- Calculate your recoverable damages: Our legal team identifies all economic and non-economic damages you suffered as a result of medical malpractice. We document your damages to determine the value of the
As compassionate advocates for the injured, our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., wants to help you resolve your case as quickly as possible. We understand how challenging these situations are, and we will fight to recover compensation for your medical malpractice injuries and other damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get a Complimentary Case Review During Your Consultation with Our Law Firm
Before you make any decisions or give a statement to the practitioner’s insurance company, contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to learn more about your options. We will work tirelessly to get you the resources you need and resolve the case as soon as possible. Our medical malpractice lawyers serving Levittown are committed to helping you obtain justice and a positive outcome.
In addition to English, our staff is prepared to assist you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Call us now at (516) 932-0400 for a free case evaluation.