If a medical professional treated you, and their negligence caused an injury or aggravated an existing medical condition, you deserve compensation for the injury and any related damages you suffered.
Your injuries are likely to affect you physically, emotionally, and economically, and as those medical bills pile up, and you miss time from work, you will realize the importance of having the party responsible for your injury be accountable for these losses.
- Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Accept
- Types of Medical Professionals Who Can Be Liable for Medical Malpractice
- Types of Medical Facilities We Might Hold Liable for Medical Malpractice
- We Will Handle All Aspects of Your Medical Malpractice Case
- We Will Investigate How Your Injury Occurred and How It Has Impacted You
- Establishing Negligence and Liability
- Calculating Your Medical Malpractice Damages
- Call Us Today for a Free Consultation
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Accept
Medical malpractice can present itself in many different ways. Examples of some common forms of this type of negligence include:
- Medication dosage mistakes
- Incorrect diagnosis
- Secondary infections
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to diagnose in a timely manner
- Instruments or other objects left inside the body
- Failure to render treatment
- Performing surgery on the wrong patient
- Performing surgery on the wrong body part
- Administering the wrong medication
Our Baldwin medical malpractice lawyers handle these and all types of medical malpractice cases. Call us today so we can discuss your medical situation and start you on the road to physical, emotional, and financial recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a Medical Malpractice lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
Types of Medical Professionals Who Can Be Liable for Medical Malpractice
At any link in the chain of medical treatment, a medical professional’s negligence can cause injury or worsen an existing injury. This means that medical malpractice is something that occurs across several medical disciplines.
We handle medical malpractice lawsuits against all the following types of healthcare professionals:
- Lab technicians
- Physicians’ assistants
When we investigate your case, we will identify all the professionals whose negligence led to your injury, and we will hold them accountable.
Baldwin Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Types of Medical Facilities We Might Hold Liable for Medical Malpractice
Sometimes, the negligence that causes an injury rests not with a medical practitioner, but rather with the medical facility where you received treatment. These facilities can also be named in a medical malpractice lawsuit. Such facilities include:
- Treatment clinics
- Medical practices
- Urgent care facilities
- Test laboratories
- Nursing homes
- Outpatient surgery centers
Call us today and tell us about the medical facility where you were treated. We can determine if it played a role in your injury.
We Will Handle All Aspects of Your Medical Malpractice Case
As you struggle to cope with your injury, the mere thought of tackling a lawsuit can exhaust you. When you hire Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., your effort in pursuing the compensation you deserve ends with our initial consultation. Give us the facts of your injury, as you know them, and leave the rest to us.
As your legal team, we commit to handling your case from start to finish, with the utmost professionalism, as we have done for the injured of Long Island, NY, since 1991.
Once you have hired us to represent you, you can count on your lawyers to:
- Keep you up to date on the status of your case
- Investigate, research, and document your case
- Identify the at-fault party or parties
- Establish negligence and liability
- Determine the damages you are owed
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Investigate How Your Injury Occurred and How It Has Impacted You
Our legal team will hit the ground running to investigate the details of your medical malpractice—the nature of your injury, who caused it, and the losses you will incur as a result. Toward this end, subject to the unique circumstances of your case, we shall:
- Visit the facility where you were treated
- Interview witnesses
- Review and document photos and videos
- Gather your medical records
- Collect copies of your wage statements
- Obtain statements from experts
The expert opinions we seek from respected professionals in the fields of medicine, economics, vocational rehabilitation, and lifecare planning will help us establish your recoverable damages.
Establishing Negligence and Liability
Personal injury law requires that we prove the following four statements to be true to establish that medical malpractice occurred:
- The medical practitioner/facility who treated you owed you a duty of care.
- This medical practitioner/facility failed to uphold the standard of care.
- This breach of duty caused or exacerbated your injuries.
- You suffered actual damages.
It is generally understood that medical providers owe a duty to their patients to provide them with good and accepted care. If they fail in this capacity through their negligence, they can be held liable for the damages incurred by the patient.
Calculating Your Medical Malpractice Damages
Any cost or loss associated with your injury can and will be included in the amount that we will fight to recover on your behalf. Examples of the types of damages that we will seek to recover for you include, as applicable, the following:
- Ambulance cost
- Prescription medicines
- Medical treatment
- Assistive devices
- Physical rehabilitation/therapy
- Home modifications
- Lost wages
- Lost benefits
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
We are very sorry if you lost a loved one due to injuries they suffered because of medical malpractice. Please know that you are entitled to file a wrongful death action in this case. Our attorneys would be honored to fight for your right to receive compensation for this negligence and its tragic outcome.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation
For over 25 years, we have been fighting for the rights of Long Island residents who suffer from another person’s negligence. Let us champion your right to recover your damages as your Baldwin medical malpractice lawyer. We collect no fees from you unless and until we win a settlement or verdict.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for a free case review: (516) 932-0400.