Burn injuries often cause physical and psychological pain and distress. The treatment you require for maximum medical improvement could involve long-lasting medical and rehabilitative care. If your injuries were the result of negligence, these costs and their related expenses and losses are the responsibility of the at-fault party.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our Baldwin burn injury lawyer is passionate about pursuing financial recovery for you or a loved one hurt by someone else’s negligence. We will conduct a thorough investigation into the accident and document the negligent actions that entitle you to recover appropriate compensation. Leave it to us. Our personal injury lawyers never stop fighting for you or your family.
- The Costs of Treating and Recovering From a Burn Injury
- Damages Our Burn Injury Lawyer Will Recover for Baldwin, NY, Clients
- What Happens When You Choose the Burn Injury Team From Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
- Call for a Free Burn Injury Case Consultation
The Costs of Treating and Recovering From a Burn Injury
The treatment you require for injuries will vary greatly depending on the degree of your burn injury. According to Mayo Clinic, burn injuries range from first-degree minor injuries to third-degree at their most severe. Treatment and recovery could include:
- Emergency treatment
- Various therapies
- Surgical procedures
- Skin grafts and cosmetic care
- Lifestyle and home adjustments
- Coping and support
Our Baldwin burn injury attorneys will obtain records and bills from every medical facility and professional where you received treatment. Our goal is to ensure you do not experience financial hardship due to another person’s or entity’s negligence.
How We Prove the Negligence That Led to Your Burn Injury
The evidence file we build for you will contain extensive medical information to prove the cause and cost of your recovery. We also compile evidence that proves the following required elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The at-fault party’s responsibility to provide you with reasonable care
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party’s failure to meet the required duty of care
- Causation: Proof that the accident would not have occurred without their negligence
- Damages: Proof of the financial consequences of the accident and resulting injury
We prove these elements with evidence that includes accident and incident reports, medical records, photos, video footage, and expert witness statements. We also collect evidence that documents the accident’s costs. This will include medical bills, employment records, and property repair or replacement estimates.
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
Damages Our Burn Injury Lawyer Will Recover for Baldwin, NY, Clients
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we know how important it is for your case to receive an accurate financial assessment before creating a demand letter or entering the settlement negotiation process. Our investigation will prove you are entitled to recover the following types of damages:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income loss
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or total loss
- Diminished property value
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
We also support families who lost a loved one in a negligence-based accident. If your loved one succumbed to their burn injuries, we will pursue appropriate damages for your family. Wrongful death damages typically include funeral and burial expenses and the loss of your loved one’s income, domestic support, and companionship.
Act Quickly to Avoid a Potential Risk to Your Burn Injury Case
The state of New York places a time limit on all civil lawsuits. New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 describes the personal injury statute of limitations. Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 describes the wrongful death statute of limitations. Failure to meet either filing deadline will mean:
- The court will bar you from filing your lawsuit at all.
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without being heard.
- You will lose the legal ability to compel compensation.
Our law firm will not let this happen. With sufficient notice from you, we will file your lawsuit within the allotted time. Early intervention also means we have time to interview witnesses while their memories are vivid and build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Baldwin Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What Happens When You Choose the Burn Injury Team From Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
When you hire our client-focused law firm to represent you, we provide more than legal services. We also provide outstanding client support. Our team will review the details and merits at no cost. We will meet you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area and do all of the following for you:
- Provided ongoing updates: We maintain regular contact so that you are not left wondering about the progression of your case.
- Identify all potentially liable parties: Our investigation will prove the negligence of one or more parties and identify all areas of potential liability.
- Communicate on your behalf: We will handle all verbal, written, and electronic communication with the at-fault party and their representative.
- Gather evidence: This will include all documentation and physical evidence that pertains to your case.
- Estimate the value of your case: Ensure no valid damages are overlooked or omitted when listing the accident’s financial consequences.
The expert witnesses we consult when building your case include medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists.
See Why Our Clients Recommend and Refer Our Law Firm
When clients we represented in the past leave reviews for our team, they say the following about our commitment to their cases:
- Larry: “Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., fought for me and made sure that I was paid for all the harm that was done to me and for everything I had to go through. They were thorough and professional. I would recommend them highly to anyone who has been injured in an accident.”
- Donny: “Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. helped my wife and me when we were in a car accident. I’m glad we were referred to this firm. They kept us up to date on the status of our case and helped us get compensation for our medical bills and time lost from work.”
Read what others say on our testimonials page and learn more about what it means to work with our results-oriented team.
Call for a Free Burn Injury Case Consultation
If you or someone you love was injured by another person’s negligence, our Baldwin burn injury lawyer will fight for financial recovery on your behalf. Contact our no-cost, no-obligation consultation team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to get started today.