Burn injuries frequently have serious, lifelong complications, such as disfigurement, scarring, and disability. These injuries require medical treatment, too, which can be extremely expensive.
If another party caused your burn injury, you have the right to hold them accountable through a claim or lawsuit – a Floral Park burn injury lawyer from our personal injury law team will handle every aspect of your case. Contact our office to get started today.
- Types of Burn Injury Accidents
- Burn Injury Damages
- Do I Need to Hire a Burn Injury Lawyer?
- Burn Injury Cases Are Time-Sensitive
- Get Started on Your Burn Injury Case in Floral Park, N.Y., Today
Types of Burn Injury Accidents
At Friedman & Simon L.L.P., we work on various burn injury case types, including the following:
- Construction accidents
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
These accidents, while significantly different, also have much in common. More specifically, each type of accident mentioned can result in burn injuries.
How Do I Know If I Have a Case?
Burn injuries fall into a broader category of law – personal injury. To win a personal injury case, you must prove that another party’s negligence caused your injuries. Examples of negligence include the following:
- A driver running a red light and striking a motorcyclist who suffers severe road burn (also referred to as road rash,) injuries
- A trucking company failing to safely handle flammable materials before an accident
- A business not having enough safety exits in the case of a fire
A Floral Park burn injury lawyer from our team will review the details of your case to determine the cause of your injuries. To do so, we will gather, to the extent available, the following types of evidence:
- Traffic camera or security camera footage
- Input from experts, like a crash reconstruction specialist or an economist
- Witness statements
- Police or incident reports
- Your medical records
- Proof of your expenses
With this evidence, we will work tirelessly toward connecting your injuries to another party’s negligence. Then, we will move forward by handling the details of your claim – our goal is to secure the best settlement award possible for you
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving Floral Park, call 516-932-0400
Burn Injury Damages
Burn injuries frequently lead to severe injuries, like nerve damage and disfigurement. Our law firm works to recover all damages that our client-survivors of these injuries have suffered, providing appropriate compensation and holding the liable party accountable.
There are two categories of damages available in a burn injury case:
- Economic damages: The medical treatments required for burn injuries are often extensive and expensive. The disability resulting from burn injuries can result in significant lost earnings. Economic damages address these types of purely financial losses.
- Non-economic damages: Burn injuries don’t just hurt your wallet. They frequently cause pain, emotional anguish, disfigurement, and suffering. Non-economic damages provide reimbursement for the emotional fallout of your accident.
Together, these damages include the following types of losses:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Impaired quality of life
- Property damage, if your belongings were damaged during your accident
- Emotional distress
The Value of a Burn Injury Case
If you don’t know what your case is worth, the responsible party’s representatives may seek to take advantage of you – it is very likely they’ll offer you less than you deserve.
To gauge the value of your case, consider the following factors:
- The severity of your injuries
- The type of responsible party involved in your case
- The types of insurance coverage involved in your case
- The degree of emotional distress you experienced
- The legal team you choose to work with
- The possible outcome of settlement negotiations
If all of this feels overwhelming, don’t fret. When you join our team as a client, we will estimate the value of your case. This way, you won’t go into settlement negotiations unprepared. The responsible party can’t provide unfair settlement offers if you know what your case is worth.
Burn Injuries and Wrongful Death
Burn injury accidents occasionally involve fatalities. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, thousands lose their lives to burn injuries each year.
Losing a loved one to a preventable injury is uniquely challenging. Luckily, you don’t need to bear this burden alone. We believe representing those who’ve lost a loved one is a unique privilege. A Floral Park burn injury lawyer from our team will be compassionate and patient with you while being tenacious with the at-fault party’s insurance carrier and defense attorneys. We are committed to you and your family’s needs – achieving a result that serves your best interests is our highest priority.
If the burn injury and wrongful death of a loved one have led you to this page, we extend our sincere heartfelt condolences to you. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of burn injury and wrongful death victims. The damages we will fight to recover include the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lowered familial earning capacity
- Pain and suffering your lost loved one experienced
- Health expenses incurred before the passing of your loved one
Floral Park Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Do I Need to Hire a Burn Injury Lawyer?
While the laws do allow burn injury survivors to handle their claims without hiring a lawyer, in almost all case this is not a prudent course of action. If you choose to go it alone, you run the risk of:
- Struggling to understand legal proceedings: Burn injury law is complex – there’s a reason that lawyers study for years before practicing in the real world. Legal matters may confuse you without a lawyer by your side and also cause great stress. Failing to adhere to legal standards and rules could undermine your case to a devastating degree
- Not knowing how to interact with insurers: It’s possible your case will involve negotiating with the responsible party’s insurer. During these negotiations, you must be cautious to avoid saying the wrong thing. It is not unusual for insurers to act like “wolves in sheep’s clothing”, meaning they may feign concern while trying to figure out how to pay you nothing or as little as they can. Approaching insurers from the wrong angle could dramatically reduce the amount of compensation you receive or even leave you with no recovery whatsoever.
- Not having the time or energy to manage your case: Burn injuries are among the most serious forms of trauma, frequently requiring weeks, months, and even years of recovery time. Handling a claim alone while seriously injured can be overwhelming.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. exists to address these challenges – with us by your side, you won’t need to think about the details of your case – we will have every detail covered. We will manage your claim from start to finish, exhausting every resource as we fight for your compensation.
We provide our clients with the following services:
- Keep you updated on your case’s status
- Identify all liable parties that owe you damages
- Communicate with all parties for you
- Gather evidence in your case
- Determine a value for your case
Burn Injury Cases Are Time-Sensitive
Several factors make burn injury cases time-sensitive, including the following:
- The personal injury statute of limitations: New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 constrains the time you have to file a burn injury lawsuit.
- The need for evidence: Gathering evidence takes time – the sooner you get started, the less likely it is that witnesses will forget what they know about your case, that surveillance video will not be deleted or lost, and that other evidence will be availableOur team is intimately familiar with these time-sensitive case factors. A Floral Park burn injury attorney from our team will meet every relevant deadline on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Started on Your Burn Injury Case in Floral Park, N.Y., Today
You don’t need to live with the consequences of someone else’s mistake. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we provide our clients with tenacious legal support – let us hold those who caused your injuries accountable. Contact our office to connect with a Floral Park burn injury lawyer today.