Severe burn injuries are serious and life-threatening, and victims often experience immense physical pain, scarring, disfigurement, and other complications. If you or your loved one suffered an injury because of another party’s negligence, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will seek the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Our East Meadow burn injury lawyers will fight to recover financial damages with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. We are passionate advocates for the injured and will work tirelessly to recover the awards you need to pay for your losses and protect your family’s financial future.
In This Article
- Recoverable Burn Injury Compensation
- Our East Meadow Burn Injury Lawyers Will Prove Financial Liability For Your Accident
- What Sets Our East meadow Burn Injury Attorneys Apart
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Help With Your Burn Injury Case
Recoverable Burn Injury Compensation
According to Cleveland Clinic, burns affect the skin, joints, muscles, and nerves depending on the severity of the injury. Potentially serious complications include infection, sepsis, hypotension, pneumonia, and dehydration, and sufferers sometimes require care from a specialized burn treatment center.
If another party’s reckless, wrongful, or negligent actions caused your burn injury, you have a right to seek financial justice and resources to pay for your medical bills and other injury-related expenses. Our East Meadow burn injury lawyer will identify and recover the compensation owed to you. In general, personal injury awards in New York include the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses, including emergency transportation and services, hospital stays, surgeries, skin grafts, prescription medications, specialized burn treatments, physical therapy, and long-term nursing care
- Pain and suffering, including severe and chronic physical pain, scarring, disfigurement, loss of mobility or bodily function, mental and emotional distress, anxiety, depression, inconvenience, and diminished quality of life.
- Lost wages. Including back pay, benefits, tips, bonuses, and other earnings
- Lost earning capacity if your injury prevents you from returning to work or performing your previous job
- Personal property, including the cost of repairing or replacing vehicles, cell phones, laptops, jewelry, tools, equipment, or any other personal items damaged or destroyed during the accident that caused your burn
We are deeply sorry if your loved one died from a fatal burn injury. We offer our sincere condolences. We consider it a privilege to serve families seeking wrongful death compensation and justice on behalf of their departed. We will hold the responsible parties financially accountable and secure awards for the estate and survivors.
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving East Meadow, call 516-932-0400
Our East Meadow Burn Injury Lawyers Will Prove Financial Liability For Your Accident
Common causes of burn injuries include fire, contact with hot surfaces and hot liquids, and exposure to chemicals, radiation, and electricity. We take burn injury cases involving the following:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents and workplace injuries
- Negligent property conditions
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous and defective products
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
Liability for your damages will depend on who or what caused your burns. We will investigate the accident that led to your injuries and seek compensation from a negligent driver, property owner, health care provider, or anyone else at fault.
We Will Do the Work Necessary to Build Your Burn Injury Case
We want you to be able to focus your time and energy on healing from your injuries or caring for your hurt loved one rather than on paperwork, deadlines, and negotiations. We will put in the hours necessary to build a robust case proving your right to compensation. Our East Meadow burn injury lawyer will:
- Keep you updated: We know how important your case is to you, so we will never leave you in the dark about its status. We will provide you with regular and timely updates and maintain open lines of attorney/client communication. In addition, we have a multilingual staff available to assist in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
- Identify liable parties: We will ensure that all those at fault are held financially accountable. We will determine liability for your accident and handle a claim or lawsuit against all those responsible.
- Handle case-related communications: We will handle phone calls, texts, emails, and meetings with insurers, opposing counsel, and other involved parties. Allowing us to communicate for you saves you the hassle and protects you from accidentally saying or doing something to hurt your case.
- Gather evidence: Our lawyers will collect evidence proving negligence caused your injury. We will locate and interview eyewitnesses, visit the scene of your burn injury accident to take photographs and collect physical evidence, track down available surveillance or cell phone video, and obtain police reports, medical records, and other relevant documents. If necessary, we will hire and consult with expert witnesses, such as medical professionals, vocational specialists, life care planners, and economists.
We Will Get Started Right Away
The sooner you reach out, the sooner our team will act to preserve case evidence, which will degrade or get lost over time. Furthermore, you want to leave ample time to construct a strong case and work through negotiations before the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury or wrongful death case expires (New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 and Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1, respectively).
East Meadow Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What Sets Our East meadow Burn Injury Attorneys Apart
Our attorneys have nearly a century of combined legal experience. Since our founding in 1991, we have secured more than $250 million in compensation for personal injury victims on Long Island and across New York. However, our commitment to client service truly sets us apart. We strive to provide each client with compassionate, professional, personalized legal care.
We Do Not Charge Upfront Fees
We take cases on contingency, meaning we never charge upfront or out-of-pocket for our services. Instead, our fees come from a percentage of your case winnings, and if we do not obtain compensation, you owe us nothing.
Click to contact our East Meadow Personal Injury Lawyers today
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Help With Your Burn Injury Case
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., and find out more about working with our East Meadow burn injury lawyers. Call today for a free consultation and connect with an attorney near you.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form