Have you or someone you love suffered serious burns in a recent injured accident? If you have, our Uniondale burn injury lawyer will pursue monetary damages from the person or entity whose negligence led to your accident. A member of our team will review your accident at no cost and explain our strategy for recovering compensation.
When you turn to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for legal services and support, we stop at nothing to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family. Our personal injury lawyers bring familiarity with personal injury and insurance law to your case. In addition, our client-focused team never stops fighting for you.
In This Article
- Commonly Reported Causes of Negligence-Based Burn Injuries
- We Will Seek the Costs of Your Burn Injury Treatments and Related Expenses
- The Client-Support Benefits of Working With Our Burn Injury Attorney
- Your Burn Injury Consultation Is Free
Commonly Reported Causes of Negligence-Based Burn Injuries
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine research, burns are classified as first-degree (minor), second-degree (moderate), or third-degree (severe). The degree of your burn injury will determine its impact on your physical appearance and abilities. The cause of your injuries will determine your right to recover damages from the negligent party.
Understanding and documenting the cause of your injuries is the key to obtaining the financial compensation you are entitled to receive. Negligence-based accidents that could entitle you to compensation include:
- Car, truck, or bus accidents
- Exposure to electricity
- Exposure to chemicals
- Accidental or intentional fires
Our Uniondale burn injury attorneys will investigate your accident and prove the at-fault party’s negligence.
We Carefully Document Your Case and Your Right to Recover Damages
Because our team was not present at your accident, we rely on the evidence in your case to tell us what happened. So do the representatives for the at-fault party. To ensure the accident and its causes and contributing factors are accurately portrayed, we collect the following types of evidence:
- Accident and incident reports
- Medical records and prognosis
- Lay and expert witness statements
- Photos and video footage
- Accident reconstruction reports
Your evidence file will prove the following legal elements of negligence:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
We also collect evidence that proves the accident’s costs, including medical bills, proof of income, and property repair and replacement costs. Our law firm does not tax you or your family with this daunting task. Instead, we handle this and all other aspects of your case for you while you focus on getting better.
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
We Will Seek the Costs of Your Burn Injury Treatments and Related Expenses
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we understand the importance of assigning an accurate value to your case, so we carefully document your right to seek the following types of damages:
- Ongoing medical bills
- Lost wages
- Ongoing rehab bills
- Various therapies
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage or loss
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
Our burn injury lawyer will also support your family if you lost a loved one in an accident in Uniondale. We will fight for wrongful death damages, explain which family members have a right to file a lawsuit, and file your case within the allotted time.
Meeting New York’s Statute of Limitations Is a Critical Part of Your Case
The majority of cases like yours will be settled out of court. If yours cannot be, we will not hesitate to take the at-fault party to court. We make sure your potential lawsuit is filed in compliance with:
- The personal injury statute of limitations, which is found in New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214
- The wrongful death statute of limitations, which is found in (Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1
If your lawsuit is not filed on time, you could unintentionally relinquish your right to compensation. The sooner you get our team involved in your case, the more time we have to meet any and all notification and filing deadlines. Early involvement also means we have time to build the strongest case possible for you.
Uniondale Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
The Client-Support Benefits of Working With Our Burn Injury Attorney
When our legal team accepts your case, we do everything in our power to support you right from your initial concentration. We will meet you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area, and our multilingual staff assists clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
When we represent you, we will also:
- Provide regular case updates
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Handle all case-related communication
- Collect, organize, and submit evidence
- Determine the monetary value of your case
Our legal team will also consult medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists. These expert witnesses will substantiate your case and support your right to compensation.
Reviews and Accolades From Previous Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Clients
When previous clients recommend our law firm, they leave online reviews like the following:
- Andrew: “The firm provided me with excellent legal advice. They took the time to answer all my questions, professional staff, were easy to get a hold of, always called me back within a day if not sooner. Most importantly, walked away with my medical bills all paid for and then some.”
- Michael: “I hired Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to represent me. The other driver had no assets, but Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. was able to settle my case for the full limits of that driver’s automobile insurance policy…I would give my highest recommendation to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.”
Your case is a priority for our law firm, so every member of our team works hard to treat you and every client we serve like an individual, not a case file.
Click to contact our Uniondale Personal Injury Lawyers today
Your Burn Injury Consultation Is Free
If you or a loved one suffered a burn injury in a negligence-based accident, you do not have to fight for compensation on your own. We will seek monetary compensation on your behalf. Our Uniondale burn injury lawyer will represent you against the at-fault party and deal with their insurance company.
Let our results-oriented law firm negotiate for you and fight for the best possible financial recovery. Contact our case review team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form