Few experiences demand justice and restitution more than that of nursing home abuse or neglect. If your loved one suffered in this manner, please know that they deserve justice and that they are entitled to seek it in the form of compensation for the injuries they sustained.
A Uniondale nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you get the justice—and the compensation—you and your loved one deserve. Call today to discuss what we will do for you and for your loved one: 516-932-0400.
In This Article
- Many Types of People and Entities Can Be Responsible for Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Common Forms of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect and Their Telltale Signs
- We Will Prove Fault and Liability in Your Nursing Abuse and Neglect Case
- We Will Investigate Your Loved One’s Nursing Home Abuse
- We Will Determine the Value of Your Loved One’s Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Claim
- What a Uniondale Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyer Will Do for You
- The Right to Act is Yours, and the Time to Act is Now
Many Types of People and Entities Can Be Responsible for Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Nursing home abuse and neglect can happen at the hands of just about anyone who works at or visits a nursing home facility. Our team will prosecute a case for you involving a wide range of potentially liable parties, including:
- The nursing home facility
- Other residents
- Practitioners (if the abuser is a doctor, we may need to file a medical malpractice claim)
- Facility administrators
We will prove that one or several of these parties are at-fault for your loved one’s abuse and/or neglect as we work to recover the maximum amount of compensation possible.
For a free legal consultation with a Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
Common Forms of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect and Their Telltale Signs
Sadly, there are many ways abuse can be inflicted upon a person. Nursing home residents can suffer abuse in many forms from several people. In particularly poorly run facilities, your loved one may have suffered multiple forms of abuse.
Nursing home abuse includes the following:
Physical Abuse: Look for broken bones, bruising, or dislocations that the facility cannot explain. You could also find marks on the body from restraints, which is another form of physical abuse.
Sexual Abuse: Signs to be aware of include urinary tract infections, bleeding or pain that cannot be explained, and sexually transmitted diseases. Your loved one might also demonstrate agitation or fear when confronted with the idea of having to be in the company of a certain person with nobody else around.
Emotional Abuse: If your loved one demonstrates a change in personality, becoming more withdrawn, and listless, they could be experiencing emotional abuse.
Financial Abuse: Pay attention to your loved one’s personal items and affairs. If possessions go missing, if bank statements show unauthorized credit card charges, if you start to see surcharges on facility statements, or if your loved one suddenly changes their will, they might be a victim of financial abuse.
Neglect: If you notice your loved one missing medication or complaining of bedsores, they may be suffering from neglect.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. handles all types of nursing home abuse and neglect. We will fight aggressively to deliver justice on behalf of your loved one and all who have struggled with the helplessness of seeing this happen. Call 516-932-0400 to get started today.
Uniondale Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Will Prove Fault and Liability in Your Nursing Abuse and Neglect Case
For your case to succeed, we must prove duty of care. To do so, a Uniondale nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer from our firm must prove the following:
- A specific individual or entity had the duty to take reasonable care to keep your loved one free from harm and danger.
- This individual or entity breached this duty of care.
- Your loved one sustained injuries as a result of this breach.
- These injuries hurt your loved one physically, financially, and emotionally.
Click to contact our Uniondale Personal Injury Lawyers today
We Will Investigate Your Loved One’s Nursing Home Abuse
A nursing home has many moving parts and countless places to look for clues and evidence that support our claims of abuse or neglect. Our injury lawyers will search tirelessly for the puzzle pieces we need to illustrate these actions took place. Some sources of evidence might be:
- Statements from witnesses
- Facility safety records
- Photos and other documentation of your loved one’s injuries
- Medical records
- Surveillance videos
We will also obtain written opinions from experts who can validate our claims of abuse as well as elaborate on the current and long-term effects of the abuse. Types of experts we might call on include:
- Medical experts
- Life planners
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Determine the Value of Your Loved One’s Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Claim
The damages you seek in this action will be based on your loved one’s range of financial, physical, and emotional damages.
Using the evidence we gathered, we will compile a comprehensive list of damages.
Your loved one could receive compensation for the following types of damages:
- Doctor’s fees
- Imaging/lab tests
- Physical therapy
- Assistive devices
- Stolen property
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional trauma
- Relocation expenses
- Pain and suffering
Know that if you lost your loved one due to fatal injuries sustained in a nursing home, you have the right to pursue a wrongful death action. A Uniondale nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer will take this challenge on with honor and fight your case with passion. Call us today to get started: 516-932-0400.
What a Uniondale Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyer Will Do for You
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will take care of you and your loved one every step of the way through this unfortunate process. Our staff will tailor the firm’s services to meet your loved one’s individual needs for their unique case.
Furthermore, our firm commits to the following:
- We will keep you updated about your nursing home abuse and neglect case.
- We will identify fault and liability for your nursing home abuse and neglect case.
- We will communicate and negotiate with every party involved in the case, so you do not have to worry about all the technical details and deadlines of a case.
- We will investigate the abuse or neglect your loved one suffered, gather evidence, and document everything.
- We will calculate your damages and determine your case’s value.
The Right to Act is Yours, and the Time to Act is Now
When doctors, caregivers, other residents, or anyone violates this right, and your loved one is injured as a result, he or she has the right to pursue compensation. However, it is important to note that you have a limited amount of time to pursue your case.
We invite you to entrust Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. with your pursuit of compensation and justice, as many satisfied clients have done for over 25 years. Call us today at 516-932-0400 for a free initial consultation.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form