If someone you love was abused or neglected in their nursing home, our law firm will apply the state’s personal injury laws to your case and navigate the system to get compensation. We will negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company, and if an appropriate settlement figure is reached, we will resolve your case without a lengthy trial.
When our Nassau County nursing home abuse lawyers manage your case, every step of the entire process will be handled for you and your loved one. No stone will be left unturned in the management of your case. Documentation and communication, determination of the value of your case and compliance with New York’s statute of limitations will all be addressed in a most professional, thorough and timely manner..
In This Article
- Compensation You Are Eligible to Recover
- Our Team Fights for You and Your Injured Loved One
- Call for Your No-Cost Consultation Today
Compensation You Are Eligible to Recover
If someone you love was hurt at the hands of a caregiver in their nursing home, they are legally entitled to financial compensation. The aftermath of nursing home abuse will almost certainly have extremely significant financial consequences, including:
- Relocating your loved one to a safe location
- Current and future medical care for their recovery
- Resulting physical disability or disfigurement
- You loved one’s pain and suffering
- Resulting mental anguish and emotional distress
In addition, according to New York Consolidated Laws, Public Health Law – PBH § 2801-d, you might also be permitted to recover punitive damages. Our team will build a solid case file and show you how to identify the at-fault caregiver and the negligent nursing home.
Document Your Right to Financial Recovery
To prove your loved one’s allegations of abuse, New York law requires you to establish certain facts. First, we will establish the at-fault party’s identity. Then, we will work to prove the nursing home did not provide your loved one with the acceptable care they were due. Evidence we collect to prove the facts that support your right to recovery include:
- Medical and financial records that document injuries and their costs
- Nursing home records that prove on-duty staff and documentation of your loved one’s injuries
- Photos that document bruises, lack of hygienic care, and unacceptable living conditions
- Witness testimonies including statements from nursing home staff and residents
You have our deepest sympathies if your loved one succumbed to their abuse. Our team will collect bills and receipts that establish the costs of making their final arrangements. Where possible, your loved one’s personal statements and recollections, notes and written prognosis from their medical and psychological health care providers, and observations by family members, visitors, and therapists, will all be collected and analyzed as part of our mission to build the most compelling case we can, and to establish the enormity and all the details of the loss. .
Understand the Importance of the Statute of Limitations
Per New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit for financial compensation for your loved one and your family. If a government agency was involved, the statute of limitations would be much shorter and the time to serve a Notice of Claim would be even shorter. An expired statute of limitations or failure to timely serve a Notice of Claim, if such service is indicated, could mean you lose the ability to seek financial compensation from the at-fault party.
In addtion to legal filing and notice deadlines, there are also practical “deadlines.” The sooner you reach out to our team members, the more time we have to:
- Investigate the abuse allegations
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Locate and view nursing home video, if available
Getting our team involved in your case sooner rather than later also ensures we have time to build the best possible case for you and the strongest possible negotiation strategy.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving Nassau County, call 516-932-0400
Our Team Fights for You and Your Injured Loved One
Our nursing home abuse team is committed to making negligent nursing homes in Nassau County compensate their elderly victims. Our Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. nursing home abuse lawyer has a multilingual support staff to assist clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We will:
- Identify the type of abuse inflicted on your loved
- Identify the caregiver responsible for the abuse
- Build a complete and compelling case file
- Handle the nursing home’s administration and paperwork
- Handle insurance company paperwork
- Negotiate an appropriate monetary settlement
Because we understand the mental and physical toll of nursing home abuse, we do not further tax you or your loved one. One of our team members will meet you on Long Island or wherever you are in the New York metropolitan area.
We Take the Following Steps for You
The uncertainty of a personal injury case is stressful. Our team never leaves you guessing about evidence, settlement talks, or any other aspect of your case. When we represent you, we will take the following steps:
- Provide you with regular updates
- Identify the financially liable parties
- Handle all case-related communication
- Gather substantive evidence
- Assign a monetary value to your case
As may be called for by the unique circumstances of your case, we will work with highly-qualified expert witnesses to support our various arguments for liability and damages. Such expert witnesses can include medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, economists and experts from other disciplines as well..
What Our Clients Say About Our Law Firm
When you are choosing a law firm to represent your family, hearing from previous clients might make your decision easier. Our previous clients say:
- “I worked with Friedman & Simon on my extremely complex personal injury case. Mr. Friedman could be reached at any time night or day… he is the face of this firm with a heart of gold…if you choose them…you have made the right decision.” – Daniel
- “Roger and Eddie are really, great guys. I had an accident 3 years back [and] my life completely changed. My spine was injured very bad, but Roger and Eddie took care of me. Me and my family are very grateful to them…love you and the whole team.” – Mayur M
- “When no one would give us the time of day, Roger Simon took our case and won it. He is compassionate, understanding, and extremely knowledgeable…I felt without a doubt, Rodger Simon was prepared and battled hard for us…he surpassed our expectation…” – Myrna
We work hard to surpass the expectations of every client we serve. When you are ready to get compensation for your loved one, our team is ready to fight by your side.
Nassau County Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Call for Your No-Cost Consultation Today
If a member of your family was victimized in their nursing home in Nassau County, our nursing home abuse lawyer will show you how to build a case for compensation. Find out how by calling one of our Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team members at (516) 932-0400 now.