If you or someone you love were involved in a motorcycle accident, the at-fault driver should be held financially responsible for your injuries and any related expenses. Our personal injury team will work to gather evidence that proves they owed you a duty of care, they failed to meet it, and you deserve financial compensation.
You do not have to try to navigate the legal process and prove the at-fault driver’s negligence on your own. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our client support team will take every step of your personal injury journey with you. You can count on our Nassau County motorcycle accident lawyer to help you recover compensation for medical treatments, lost income, physical and emotional pain and suffering, and more.
In This Article
- Calculate the Cost of Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Choose the Right Legal Team to Represent You
- Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today
Calculate the Cost of Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
In 2019, motorcycle accidents resulted in 84,000 injuries and over 5,000 fatalities, according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration statistics. If your motorcycle accident was caused by any form of neglect on the at-fault driver’s part, our team will assist you in building a personal injury case for financial compensation.
We will assess the value of the following types of damages:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost wages
- Property damage or destruction
- In-home assistance and support
These are examples of the economic damages you may be entitled to recover. Our team will work with you to compile the documentation that proves their value and ensure that no valid costs are overlooked.
Track Your Non-Economic Losses
After a motorcycle accident, you are entitled to recover another type of monetary award — the intangible expenses related to your injuries. You have the right to request additional compensation for the following types of damages:
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Emotional anguish
These are called non-economic damages, and they can be more challenging to assess than economic damages. Our team will explain the process of assigning a value to these intangible damages and work to ensure that you get the best possible payout in your case.
Seek Financial Recovery Within the Allotted Time
Like most people, you probably know what a statute of limitations is, but might not know how it applies to your motorcycle accident case. In Nassau County, New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 defines the most commonly applicable personal injury statute of limitations. (When a government agency, municipality or public authority contributed to the happening of the accident, a significantly shorter statute of limitations and an ever shorter period to server a Notice of Claim will apply.) Similarly, Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 defines the wrongful death statute of limitations. Our team will clarify the relevant filing deadline and the importance of compliance.
By hiring our team to support you as soon as possible, we can ensure that the statute of limitations is met and we have ample time to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation
- Canvass for available witnesses
- Collect dashcam or surveillance video
- Collect smartphone videos and photos
Getting our team involved in your motorcycle case right away gives us the best opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Nassau County, call 516-932-0400
Choose the Right Legal Team to Represent You
Fighting for appropriate financial compensation from the at-fault driver or their insurance company on your own is extremely challenging. When our motorcycle accident team represents you, we will manage the fine points of your case that might otherwise feel overwhelming to you. This includes:
- Identifying, locating, and interviewing witnesses
- Obtaining, completing, and submitting forms and documents
- Proving the at-fault driver’s negligent actions
- Obtaining and reviewing your accident report
- Reading and reviewing your medical records and bills
- Determining the financial value of your injuries
- Identifying and, as needed, securing the services of an array of subject matter expert witnesses and consultants
In addition, after an accident in Nassau County, the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team will also carefully scrutinize the at-fault driver’s insurance policy to understand the maximum coverage it offers. Our motorcycle accident lawyer uses the value of your case and the coverage of the at-fault driver’s insurance to steer settlement negotiations.
The Advantages Our Clients Experience
Every client we represent deserves answers to their questions and focused attention on their case. To support as many injury victims as possible, our multilingual staff assists clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Our team will also:
- Keep you aware of the progress of your case
- Identify the negligent driver and his insurer
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Gather and present evidence for you
- Determine the financial value of your injuries
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible case result for you
We understand the physical limitations your injuries may impose, so we will happily meet you on Long Island or at any convenient location in the New York metropolitan area for a free consultation.
Previous Clients Recommend Our Team
One of the best ways to understand the experience we provide for our clients is to hear it in their own words. Satisfied clients say:
- “It is with great pleasure that I am recommending the services of Eddie Friedman and his team…Mr. Friedman and his staff were phenomenal at protecting my legal rights. I have only words of praise for his work and a genuine appreciation for his humane, thoughtful approach to his clients.” – Debora
- “The driver of a car that ran a red light at high speed crashed into the car that I was driving…The other driver had no assets but Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. was able to settle my case for the full limits of that driver’s automobile insurance policy.” – Michael
- “Mr. Friedman wasn’t just my lawyer. He is a very concerned and a very caring person…I was astonished how hard he fought for me to get my life back financially…anyone [who] hires Mr. Friedman is in good hands.” – David
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we serve every client with respect and integrity and look forward to providing you with the same outstanding client experience.
Nassau County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today
After a motorcycle collision in Nassau County, our motorcycle accident lawyer will fight for you and guide you through the financial compensation and insurance settlement process. The sooner we meet with you, the sooner we can get to work on your behalf. For a free consultation, call us today at (516) 932-0400.