If you or a family member was the victim of a dog bite, our law firm will fight to win every dollar of financial damages that you deserve from the dog’s owner. We will determine the value of your injuries, including compensation for any lasting or permanent disfiguring scars.
Your potential compensation package will also include medical bills, income loss, and counseling to cope with the physical and emotional aftermath of a dog bite or attack.
One of our experienced and dedicated Nassau County dog bite lawyers will investigate all aspects of the dog attack itself as well as the relevant details such as the dog’s ownership, history of violence and more. .
Our personal injury team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will assign liability to the at-fault dog owner, develop your accident case, and fight for compensation on your behalf. We work toward settling your case out of court but if an acceptable settlement offer is not made, depending upon the unique circumstance of your case, we will be ready, willing and able to go to trial in the courthouse and argue your case to a judge and jury.
- The Financial Impact of a Dog Bite
- Benefits of Working with Our Team
- Your Financial Recovery is Our Priority
- Put Our Personal Injury Team to Work for You
The Financial Impact of a Dog Bite
A dog bite or attack could cause serious physical and emotional trauma. When our team represents you, we demand the entire range of compensation you are entitled to, which includes the following types of damages:
- Immediate medical care
- Ongoing scar treatment
- Assistive medical devices
- Lost wages and income
- Physical disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Emotional trauma
For a free legal consultation with a Dog Bite lawyer serving Nassau County, call 516-932-0400
Benefits of Working with Our Team
A dog bite could have lasting and detrimental harm, particularly if the injured party is a young child. While you work on physical and emotional recovery, you can rely on our team to take the following actions on your behalf:
- Identify the at-fault dog and its owner
- Provide frequent updates on your case
- Manage all relevant communication
- Obtain, organize, and submit your evidence
- Accurately value your compensation case
We advocate for injured clients with passion and tenacity because we believe in holding negligent dog owners responsible for the actions of their pets. We assist injured clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada and will meet you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
Comply with the Statute of Limitations
Understanding and complying with the statute of limitations might be confusing because several factors potentially create a change in the filing deadline. Depending on the outcome of your case:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is governed by New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 (However, if a government agency, municipality or public authority is involved, the statute of limitations is significantly shorter and the time to serve a Notice of Claim is even shorter. One of many possible examples of this could be if the dog was being kept by someone in a public housing setting and the management actually knew, or had they exercised an appropriate level of care, should have known that a dangerous dog was there, posing a threat, without taking action to prevent incidents like the ultimate attack. Our Nassau County dog bite attorney will carefully review the circumstances of your dog bite/dog attack to make certain we protect your rights with respect to statutes of limitations, and the timely service of notices.)
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is governed by Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1
If the dog bite victim in your case was your minor child, the statute of limitations might vary. Our team will explain the principle of tolling for minors and how it impacts your child’s right to financial recovery.
Nassau County Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Your Financial Recovery is Our Priority
Our personal injury team advocates for injured clients. If a dog bit you, your child, or another family member, our personal injury team will work to build the strongest possible case for monetary compensation. We also make sure you are aware of each phase of your case. Our team will:
- Update you as your case moves forward
- Identify the liable parties
- Handle communication
- Gather supportive evidence
- Establish the value of your case
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our Nassau County dog bite lawyer will also identify and consult with expert witnesses, including medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, economists, and other beneficial medical and financial consultants.
We Never Stop Fighting for Injured Clients
Your personal injury case is a priority for our entire team. When we represent you, our goal is to ensure you get support and encouragement throughout your case. Clients we supported in the past say:
- “My injuries negatively affected my time with family, my ability to work, and my recreational activities. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., fought for me and made sure that I was paid for all the harm that was done to me and for everything I had to go through.” — Larry
- “Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. helped my wife and I when we were in a car accident. I’m glad we were referred to this firm. They kept us up to date on the status of our case and helped us get compensation for our medical bills and time lost from work.” — Donny
- “When I had my accident Roger and Eddie stepped up and took care of the problems…I feel that I was in very good hands with my case…They made a bad time in my life as good as it could have been. Thanks, team.” — Andrew
We carefully review every aspect of your case and make sure it gets the time and attention necessary to produce the best possible case result.
It is our hope that by being relieved of the stress of deadlines, technical jargon and communicating with adversarial parties, (insurance carriers, defense counsel, etc.) you will be able to focus on your treatment, healing and restoring your peace of mind.
Put Our Personal Injury Team to Work for You
If you or someone you love was bitten by a dog in Nassau County and want legal assistance holding its owners responsible for your injuries, our dog bite lawyer will guide you through the compensation process. Contact one of our Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team members by calling (516) 932-0400 today.