When a dog attacks and bites the physical pain of the dog bite itself, as terrible as it may be, can be made even worse, especially for small children, by the intensity of the emotional trauma. That said, the injuries resulting from a dog bite often require extensive medical treatment, and some even lead to surgery and hospitalization.
As a victim of an attacking dog, you do not deserve to bear the cost of medical treatment and other damages. This responsibility should fall squarely on the dog’s owner or caretaker.
If you have sustained injury from a dog bite in New Cassel, NY, a dog bite lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight for your right for compensation. Call us today at 516-932-0400 for a free consultation.
In This Article
- We Will Keep You Updated About Your New Cassel Dog Bite Case
- We Will Establish Liability for Your New Cassel Dog Bite
- We Will Handle All Aspects of Your New Cassel Dog Bite Case
- We Will Investigate Your New Cassel Dog Bite Case to Uncover Evidence
- We Will Calculate Your Damages for Your New Cassel Dog Bite Case
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Fight to Get You the Compensation You Deserve
We Will Keep You Updated About Your New Cassel Dog Bite Case
When you hire Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., you do so with the assurance and peace of mind that our multilingual staff and legal team will communicate with you throughout the handling of your case. We are here to answer your questions, present your options in a way that makes logical and practical sense and proactively contact you with important case developments.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
We Will Establish Liability for Your New Cassel Dog Bite
New York state laws require that dog owners take reasonable steps to prevent their pets from causing injuries. If the dog owner was aware of the animal’s propensity for aggressive behavior, they may be automatically liable for any injuries the dog caused in its attack.
Your legal team will set out to prove that:
- The dog owner’s negligence led to your injury, perhaps by violating a leash law or leaving a door or gate open, allowing the dog to escape and attack; or
- The owner knew of the dog’s tendency to bite or attack, and that a dog’s aggressive behavior in the past should have put the owner on notice that the animal was a danger.
New Cassel Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Will Handle All Aspects of Your New Cassel Dog Bite Case
The most important thing for you to focus on after a severe dog bite should be to recover from the physical injuries you sustained from the attack and to collect yourself emotionally after this terrible trauma. As for the rest, you can leave that to us.
We will handle all communications with attorneys, insurance adjusters, witnesses, and other parties related to your dog bite case.
We Will Investigate Your New Cassel Dog Bite Case to Uncover Evidence
Our legal team will explore every aspect of the attack that resulted in your dog bite. Depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, our investigation may include:
- Interviewing witnesses
- Reviewing the dog’s prior history of aggressive behavior
- Obtaining police reports of the attack
- Gathering all your medical records related to your dog bite
- Working with animal trainers to get their expert opinions on the dog attack
- Assembling veterinary and Animal Control agency records
- Collecting and cataloging photos and videos of the attack, injuries, and other relevant images
This exhaustive investigation will give us a sturdy block of evidence to support our argument that the dog owner or caretaker is liable for your injuries and damages following the dog bite.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Calculate Your Damages for Your New Cassel Dog Bite Case
The damages that arise from a dog bite attack extend far beyond the medical bills for treating your injury. You have experienced emotional trauma, pain and suffering, and possibly time away from work. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you might even face challenges with continuing in the work you did prior to the dog bite.
Our legal team will assess your losses, which may include the following types of recoverable damages:
- Ambulance transportation
- Doctor fees and surgeon fees (past and future)
- Imaging and lab work
- Hospital accommodations
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Permanent injuries and scarring or disability
- Lost wages and benefits (past and future)
- Diminished earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
If your loved one died as the result of injuries sustained in a dog bite, we are deeply sorry for your loss. You should know that you are entitled to pursue wrongful death action in this case. Our legal team will stand by your side in this difficult battle, champion your right for compensation, and fight relentlessly for the justice your loved one deserves.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Fight to Get You the Compensation You Deserve
Since 1991, the legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has proudly served as an advocate for the injured. We understand your pain, suffering, and emotional trauma, and we want to help you get the relief you deserve for your New Cassel dog bite.
Our multilingual staff (Greek, Tamil, Spanish, Bengali, and Kannada) will be happy to assist you, and our legal team will fight passionately for your right to be compensated.
Call us today for a free consultation: 516-932-0400.