If you were bitten by a dog whose owner neglected to train or restrain them properly, you could be eligible for compensation. A Long Beach dog bite injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you quantify and fight for that compensation.
One of our most important goals is to empower our clients by making the legal process more accessible. We do this in part by:
- Assessing your case quickly and at no cost to you
- Charging no fees until you receive compensation
- Working closely with you to determine the best course of action
A Lawyer From Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is Available to Help You
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we help our clients by taking charge of every aspect of their claims and lawsuits. No case is too difficult for us to take, and every detail in a case gets our focused attention. Among other things, we will:
- Keep you updated about every important new development so that you always know what is going on
- Identify the liable party or parties responsible for your injury (if there is more than one liable party, you have the right to sue them all)
- Communicate on your behalf with all liable parties and all of their representatives
- Gather evidence from a variety of sources to support and strengthen your lawsuit
- Calculate the maximum possible amount of damages that you are able to collect
As we work on your case, the goal of achieving the best possible case outcome for you is always at the top of our minds. We will tailor our approach to fit your particular needs and always make ourselves available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
You Have the Right to Sue for Two Types of Damages
In a lawsuit, your injuries are classified as either economic or non-economic damages. These categories serve very different functions.
Qualifying For Economic Damages
Economic damages will compensate you for the financial toll of the injury. This often includes items like:
- Medical costs: You had a doctor treat your injury, or your injury was serious enough that you will need further treatments in the future.
- Travel costs: You incurred significant expenses on transportation to and from necessary medical treatment.
- Other related costs: You had to hire someone to help you with cleaning the house, taking care of your kids, and so on because your accident injuries prevented you from doing these things.
- Loss of income: You were temporarily unable to earn your usual salary. If your salary is permanently diminished, you could sue for loss of earning capacity.
- Loss of employment: Your injuries prevent you from doing your job. They could even prevent you from retraining and seeking other employment or you can and now, due to your injuries, must retrain and there are significant costs in obtaining that retraining.
Qualifying For Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages will compensate you for the physical and emotional toll of the injury. You could qualify based on:
- Impaired quality of life: Performing daily tasks is now difficult or impossible without assistance.
- Disability: The bite has cost you the use of a limb, an organ, or another body part. This could mean either a total loss (e.g., amputation) or a loss of use due to chronic pain, nerve damage, and so on.
- Disfigurement: Scar tissue has permanently altered your appearance and/or ability to use that part of your body.
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries and their consequences have been physically and mentally stressful.
- Loss of consortium: Your relationship with your spouse has changed for the worse since your injury.
If you lost a loved one to a dog bite injury, we are sorry for your loss. We offer you our sincere condolences and our assurance that we are dedicated to winning the monetary compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
A wrongful death claim could qualify your departed loved ones’ survivors for additional damages, as well as those detailed above. An attorney from our firm will fight for you to recover damages that accurately reflect your injuries. Our initial case evaluation will cost you nothing but a few minutes of your time.
Protecting Your Rights And Your Health After a Dog Bite Injury
It Is Important to Seek Medical Attention For the Dog Bite
We urge you to make sure that you receive all necessary medical treatment following a dog bite. Dog bites leave you vulnerable to infection or even rabies. Serious infections, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports, have the potential to kill within three days. It is therefore very important that you:
- Clean and bandage the wound
- See a doctor immediately
- Follow all of your doctor’s instructions
- Change the bandage frequently
- Call your doctor if your symptoms worsen
Going to a doctor also serves another purpose: your medical records are evidence that the dog bite happened and that you have sustained compensable injuries. Consider building your case by hiring a Long Beach dog bite injury lawyer to seek and compile all available evidence.
Seek Legal Representation From Our Law Firm
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 for your free consultation with one of our team members who serves Long Beach, New York. Legal representation from our firm will cost you nothing until you recover damages.
Our staff is multilingual and will assist you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada.