If you live or work in Long Beach, New York, and were injured in a construction accident, you have the right to seek damages from the liable party. A Long Beach construction accident lawyer from our firm can help you recover those damages.
You may be able to receive compensation that will help you pay your medical bills until you return to work. If you are no longer able to work, you may be able to receive damages to reimburse you for the money you would have earned if you had not been injured.
We understand that you have bills to pay and may even have a family to support. If you have suffered a construction accident injury, we are here to help you.
- Our Personal Injury Team Will Do All of the Hard Work
- Your Injury Could Entitle You to Damages
- Your Right to Sue is Finite
- Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer From Our Firm Today
Our Personal Injury Team Will Do All of the Hard Work
Choosing a Long Beach construction accident lawyer from our team to fight for your rights can make the process of seeking damages much easier on you.
Below is a list of ways in which Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will assist you.
Keeping You Updated And Staying in Touch
When you place your claim or lawsuit in our hands, you will have the peace of mind of knowing the legal work is being done correctly and in a timely manner. You will be relieved of the burden of worrying about filing deadlines.
You will also be kept informed of all significant developments. We will fight to obtain the best possible result for you, explain your options, and give you our opinion as to what counts as a fair settlement.
To summarize, our legal team will:
- Contact you with every major development
- Receive your calls and speak with you in the patient, respectful, and professional manner that you deserve
- Explain the pros and cons of all your legal options
- Discuss your concerns and answer your questions
Identify the Liable Parties
Should you sue a manufacturing company, another employee, or someone else? Is there more than one liable party? We will investigate your case and let you know.
Deliver And Respond to Communications
You will not have to speak with the liable party, or anyone associated with them, whether in person, by letter, or in the courtroom. We will:
- Notify the liable party about your claim and lawsuit
- Field all settlement offers
- Negotiate for the best realistic settlement
- Be fully prepared to represent you at trial before a judge and jury
Your accident left a mark, both in people’s memories and in paperwork created by various organizations. Our team will collect all available relevant evidence and use it to build the strongest possible case.
Evaluate Your Case
How much is your lawsuit worth? The answer to this question is different for everyone. Let your lawyer:
- Review your case
- Go over the evidence
- Calculate the maximum possible payout
In some cases, we have been able to recover millions for construction accident victims.
Am I Able to Afford Legal Representation?
This is a reasonable question to ask, especially when you are injured and unable to work. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will charge you no attorney’s fees until you have recovered compensation. You will never have to worry about having out-of-pocket legal fees.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accident lawyer serving Long Beach, call 516-932-0400
Your Injury Could Entitle You to Damages
Economic damages compensate you for the financial stress that the accident has caused you. Sources of financial stress often include things like:
- Medical bills, i.e., the money you spent on doctor’s appointments, surgery, therapy, medication, etc.
- Loss of wages, i.e., the income and benefits you lost because your injuries kept you home from work
- Loss of earning capacity, i.e., the income and benefits you will not be able to earn in the future because your injuries prevent you from earning or working as much as you used to
- Loss of employment, i.e., the fact that you can never return to your old job, either because you were fired or because your injuries prevent it
You Could Recover Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages compensate you for “pain and suffering and similar non-monetary detriment,” as New York Civil Insurance Laws (ISC) §5102(c) defines the term. Sources of “non-monetary detriment” often include things like:
- Disfigurement or scarring, i.e., any painful or obvious scar tissue that affects you physically or emotionally
- Disability, i.e., the development of new disabilities or the worsening of existing ones
- Loss of consortium, i.e., how your injuries have negatively impacted your relationship with your spouse
- Diminished quality of life, i.e., the ways your injuries have negatively impacted your ability to enjoy hobbies, care for yourself, socialize, etc.
Long Beach Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Your Right to Sue is Finite
It is always a good idea to start your lawsuit as quickly as possible. There are two reasons for this:
New York Has a Statute of Limitations On Construction Accident Lawsuits
New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214 limits how much time accident victims have to file a suit. Once you miss the deadline, your right to compensation is gone forever.
While this statute sets forth the general New York statute of limitations for construction accident cases, depending upon the specifics of your particular accident, a shorter statute of limitations and other, shorter deadlines may apply.
Some Evidence is Only Available For a Limited Time
Evidence is fragile. It often disappears or becomes unusable after a certain period of time. The types of evidence your lawyer uses depend on the circumstances of your accident.
Common examples of evidence, as well as their estimated “shelf life,” are included below.
- Surveillance video: If a security camera caught your accident on tape, your lawyer will find it. However, such footage is not kept forever and might be deleted after a period of time.
- Witness statements: Your lawyer will track down anyone who saw your accident or its aftermath. People’s memories generally become less reliable as time goes by.
- Expert testimony: For instance, your lawyer could ask a vocational rehabilitator to confirm that you are no longer able to work. It is best to allow ample time for the expert to review records, meet with you, and prepare a report that is not rushed.
- Medical records: This record is permanent. Your doctor updates it whenever you visit them or whenever you receive any kind of test or treatment.
The sooner you contact us, the easier it will be for us to find and collect evidence to strengthen your case.
Click to contact our Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyers today
Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer From Our Firm Today
Let a Long Beach construction accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. help you build your case. Call us at (516) 932-0400 for a free case review.
We also provide assistance in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada if necessary. The initial case assessment is fast, free, and places you under no obligation.