Construction accidents injure hundreds of workers in New York State each year. Unfortunately, construction accidents are not just an issue for big cities—they affect countless victims and families in smaller communities like Glen Cove every year.
Thankfully, if you have been injured during a construction accident and someone else was responsible, you may be eligible for compensation. If you retain a Glen Cove construction accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our attorneys will handle your fight for justice from beginning to end.
Once we learn more about your case, we will develop an action plan that meets your unique needs. In addition to, as circumstances may call for, negotiating settlements and representing your case at trial, our firm will provide many other legal services, including:
- Giving you case updates as your case moves forward
- Investigating the accident and identifying liable parties
- Communicating with all the other parties involved with your case
- Gathering information and evidence
- Determining a case value that represents your losses
- Fighting to win the best possible outcome for you
For more information about construction accidents in Glen Cove, contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team member today at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
In This Article
- Recoverable Damages for Construction Accident Victims
- Common Causes of Construction Accidents
- Determining Liability for Your Construction Accident
- Common Construction Accident Injuries
- Construction Accident Lawyers Representing Victims in Glen Cove
Recoverable Damages for Construction Accident Victims
After a negligent construction accident, you can seek economic and non-economic damages to help you recover from your injuries and rebuild your life. Recoverable damages can include:
- Medical costs
- Property damage
- Loss of work-related benefits and income
- Decreased earning capacity
- Mental anguish, which includes issues with your personal relationships, impaired quality of life, mental health concerns, and more
- Assistive devices and services for permanent disabilities
- Physical pain and suffering
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Glen Cove, call 516-932-0400
Common Causes of Construction Accidents
When you are walking or driving by a construction site, there are dozens of risks at any given time. From dangerous machinery to motor vehicles to power tools and beyond, there are countless ways for accidents to happen.
While slip and fall accidents are the leading cause of death on construction sites, many injuries come from being struck by falling objects or collisions with construction vehicles. Other common factors in construction accidents include:
- Burns from heated materials, electrical wiring, and corrosive chemicals
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals, gasses, and particles
- Structural collapses
- Misplaced or unsecured tools ladders or heavy equipment
- Slick surfaces
- Improper maintenance of motor vehicles
- Poorly secured loads of building materials or other items
- Falls from heights, including falls from ladders, scaffolds or rooftops, and other elevated work areas.
Glen Cove Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Determining Liability for Your Construction Accident
Ultimately, different parties will be liable for different construction accidents. In some cases, the construction company may have caused the accident. However, third-party contractors, manufacturers, and architects can all be held liable for injuries under certain circumstances.
For many victims, proving liability can seem challenging, especially when you already have your hands full with your recovery and the other day-to-day responsibilities you are facing. You do not have to go through this alone. When you retain a Glen Cove construction accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our team will be there to gather evidence on your behalf while you focus your attention on your medical treatment, healing, and the more important things in your life that need your attention free of the stress of case details.
While we certainly use basic evidence-gathering techniques—like obtaining police reports and witness statements as well as reviewing video surveillance—when called for we will also seek the opinions of expert witnesses, like medical specialists, accident reconstruction experts, industry-specific (e.g., construction trade or machinery,) experts, economists, and vocational rehabilitation professionals. Even so, every case is different, so we would love to start learning more about your case as soon as possible.
To learn more about assigning liability in a Glen Cove construction accident, contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. representative today at (516) 932-0400. We are ready to hear about your case.
Common Construction Accident Injuries
Construction accidents often result in devastating injuries. Along the way, you may experience thousands of dollars in medical expenses and lost wages—jeopardizing your way of life in the process. Even if your physical injuries heal and you return to the way you were before the accident, the psychological impact of your injuries may present a challenge to your quality of life for a very long time.
No matter how minor or severe your accident was, it is important to document your injuries so we can factor them into your case value. Common construction accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and other head injuries
- Injuries to the throat and lungs, or other health conditions from inhaling dangerous substances
- Soft tissue damage
- Fracture/Broken bone injuries
- Injuries that require surgery
- Back injuries, including spinal cord injuries and herniated disks
- Nerve damage
- Loss of hearing or vision
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Construction Accident Lawyers Representing Victims in Glen Cove
Construction accidents are scary, and they can be life-changing. If a construction company or another party is responsible for what you experienced, you have many legal options to help you seek justice. Here at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we have fought for construction accident victims for many years.
Our law firm wants to make things easy for you while you consider your legal options. To achieve this, our attorneys can meet you anywhere on Long Island or around metropolitan New York. . Additionally, we can offer assistance in multiple languages, including Greek, Tamil, Bengali, Spanish, and Kannada.
A Glen Cove construction accident lawyer with our firm can also help you keep track of important deadlines during your legal proceedings. While New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214 requires you to take legal action within a limited time period, you may have even less time to obtain dashcam or surveillance video footage, speak with eyewitnesses, and complete other important tasks.
To get started with your case today, contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. representative by calling (516) 932-0400 for a free discussion of your case. We look forward to hearing from you.