The New York area is constantly buzzing with construction. Accidents happen frequently. If you were injured in a construction accident, it is likely that you are eligible for compensation. A Hempstead personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is ready to represent you and fight for your rights to compensation.
Get a free consultation today from a member of our legal team. Call 516-932-0400 today.
In This Article
- What to Do if You Get Hurt on a Construction Site
- We Handle All Types of Construction Accidents in Hempstead
- What to Do If a Loved One Dies from a Construction Accident
- Determining Fault and Liability for Your Construction Accident Case
- Several Parties Might Be at Fault for Your Hempstead Construction Accident
- We Will Identify Recoverable Damages in Your Construction Accident
- Supporting Your Damages Valuation with Irrefutable Evidence
- Compassionate, Complete Legal Services for Your Hempstead Construction Accident
- You Have a Limited Amount of Time to Take Legal Action
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.’s Hempstead Construction Accident Lawyers Today
What to Do if You Get Hurt on a Construction Site
The Hempstead construction accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have extensive experience and success handling New York construction accident cases.
After seeing the devastation these accidents can cause, our primary concern is your safety. We produced this infographic in hopes that it will help you or someone you work with to know what to do after suffering injury on a construction site.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accident lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
We Handle All Types of Construction Accidents in Hempstead
There are several different types of construction accidents. They can include:
- Electric shock and electrocutions
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Falls from ladders or other elevated areas
- Getting caught in or between equipment or materials
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Building collapses
- Falls from scaffolding
- Slip and falls and trip and falls
- Workers hit by falling debris or other items
The Hempstead construction accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. accept all types of construction accident cases resulting from a variety of causes. Call us today to learn more: 516-932-0400.
Hempstead Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What to Do If a Loved One Dies from a Construction Accident
The fatality rate in the construction industry is higher than any other industry according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) “Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries.” In 2017, this industry reported 971 fatal work injuries according to the BLS report.
If your loved one was involved in a fatal construction accident, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will file a wrongful death action on your behalf.
Determining Fault and Liability for Your Construction Accident Case
While you can recover workers’ compensation benefits after a construction accident injury, those rarely cover all your losses. However, it is possible that a third party’s negligence caused or contributed to your construction accident. In this case, the Hempstead construction accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will investigate your accident and gather the evidence we need to prove this party was at fault and is liable for your injuries and related damages.
We gather evidence with the goal of proving:
- The party in question had a “duty of care” to protect you from injury.
- They neglected this duty of care.
- Their negligence caused your accident and injuries.
- You suffered damages as a result of the injuries.
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will gather the evidence needed to present your case in the very most compelling manner possible. Call us today at 516-932-0400 to start building your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Several Parties Might Be at Fault for Your Hempstead Construction Accident
Construction sites have many moving parts — literally and figuratively. Many parties are responsible for a site’s existence, operations, and safety. It is possible that one or more of these parties owes you compensation for your construction accident.
The following entities might be liable for your accident:
- Property managers
- Property owners
- General contractors
- Equipment vendors & manufacturers
The lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P will advocate your right for compensation from that party or parties. Call us for a free consultation today at 516-932-0400.
We Will Identify Recoverable Damages in Your Construction Accident
Construction sites are full of heavy machinery and materials. Often, work is performed in locations that are difficult to access safely and at dangerous heights. The unusual combination of workplace factors means that when a construction accident does happen, it can result in devastating injuries.
We understand that an injury can wreck you financially, professionally, and emotionally.
For this reason, the law provides for your recovery for a wide range of damages including the following types:
Medical Treatment Costs and Lost Income
- Laboratory tests, imaging scans, and other diagnostics
- Prescription medications
- Ambulance transportation
- Emergency room treatment
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity (if your injuries keep you from returning to your job or require you to work a lesser paying job)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Supporting Your Damages Valuation with Irrefutable Evidence
Depending upon the particular circumstances of your case, our Hempstead construction accident lawyers will support our valuation of your damages with some combination of the following sources of compelling evidence:
- Medical bills
- Wage statements
- Expert opinions from medical, vocational, economic experts, and life care planners
Compassionate, Complete Legal Services for Your Hempstead Construction Accident
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has been passionate about fighting for the rights of the injured since 1991. We want to take on your case and make the parties responsible for your injuries compensate you. We demand the justice you deserve.
When you become a client, we will:
- Manage all aspects of your case
- Provide case updates
- Establish fault and liability
- Investigate and document your case
- Calculate your damages
Also, please know that we do not collect a fee from you unless and until we recover compensation for your injuries and other damages.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to Take Legal Action
New York’s statute of limitations limits the amount of time you can wait after an accident before filing a legal action after a Hempstead construction accident. Other deadlines may also apply to your particular case. Do not let time run out on protecting and asserting your rights. Doing so could put your case and your chances of recovering damages at risk. The sooner you contact us the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. We will make sure you make every deadline, and keep your case running on a smooth and efficient course.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.’s Hempstead Construction Accident Lawyers Today
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is able to speak to you about your case in several languages including English, Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tami, and Kannada.
Call us today at 516-932-0400 for your free no-obligation legal consultation.