If you were injured by someone’s careless, negligent, or reckless actions, you might be entitled to compensation for damages such as medical treatment, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
We invite you to call a Floral Park personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation and case review. You deserve to know your legal rights, including the potential for financial recovery.
NY § 214 imposes a statute of limitations on filing a personal injury lawsuit. That is just one of a number of important reasons why you should find out now if you are entitled to compensation. In addition to the statute of limitations, claims and lawsuits are governed by other deadlines for action. Along with considerations of the statute of limitations and other case deadlines, it is important to keep in mind that the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
We are happy to meet you at your home, or the hospital on Long Island, or the New York metropolitan area. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
In This Article
- A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
- Most Personal Injury Cases Are Resolved Outside a Courtroom
- We Have an Extensive Practice Area for Personal Injury Cases
- Types of Damages in a Personal Injury Case
- We Conduct a Thorough Investigation
- Our Commitment to You
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
A personal injury is exactly that: it is any bodily harm to your physical or emotional well-being through an intentional or negligent act. In a personal injury case, the at-fault person is called the defendant, and the injured party is the plaintiff.
Personal injury cases can be complex, and certain conditions must be met to recover damages. These conditions are:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care requiring that reasonable measures be taken to avoid harming you.
- The defendant did not uphold this duty of care, and you were injured as a result.
If the conditions above are me, the defendant may be held accountable for your physical, emotional, and financial suffering.
In most personal injury cases, a lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will seek compensation from the at-fault person’s insurance company. The type of insurance will depend on the type of personal injury, such as:
- Property or homeowners
- Personal injury or liability
- Medical malpractice
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Floral Park, call 516-932-0400
Most Personal Injury Cases Are Resolved Outside a Courtroom
One of the first questions that a new client asks is whether their case will have to go to trial. Since 1991, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has successfully resolved many personal injury cases. While many of these cases have resolved through insurance settlements, we can and will take your case before a judge or jury in certain circumstances:
- The insurance company or the defendant refuses to negotiate a fair settlement.
- The insurance company denies the claim.
- The unique circumstances of your case are such that, the severity of your injuries, the amount(s) of the defendant’s insurance coverage and the evidence and arguments proving the defendant’s liability are compelling.
An insurance settlement offers several benefits to you as a plaintiff:
- Compensation is usually recovered quicker in a settlement.
- You avoid the emotional and financial stress of going to trial.
- Personal details about your case will be kept confidential.
A Floral Park personal injury lawyer will explain how the settlement works and when you can expect compensation.
Floral Park Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Have an Extensive Practice Area for Personal Injury Cases
Our legal team knows that this could be the first time you have consulted a lawyer. Our firm’s more than 25 years of experience representing thousands of injured people is at your disposal. This includes our dedicated team of case managers, paralegals, investigators, and other professionals.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we investigate every personal injury case. We know that you have one chance to seek compensation for your damages, and it is important that we leave no stone unturned.
Our practice area includes:
- Car accidents
- Construction accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Sexual abuse and assault including church sexual abuse
- Dog bites
- Premises liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Wrongful death
- Birth injuries, including shoulder dystocia, brain damage, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, Bell’s palsy, spinal cord injuries, hypoxia, and death
Our personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. work on a contingency basis only. This means that we do not collect fees unless we are successful in getting you the compensation you are entitled to receive.
The sooner you call, the sooner we can evaluate your case for potential compensation. For a free consultation, call (516) 932-0400.
Click to contact our Floral Park Personal Injury Lawyers today
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Damages in a Personal Injury Case
You may have bodily injuries and property damage. A Floral Park personal injury lawyer will carefully evaluate your losses and demand compensation for you of every dollar you are entitled to.
The most common types of damages that may be recovered are:
- Medical treatment, including ambulance, hospitalization, doctor’s visits, prescriptions, and other related expenses
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning ability due to injury
- Lifecare costs
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
If you lost a family member because of someone’s negligence, please accept our condolences. A lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will pursue a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on your behalf for damages such as final expenses, loss of lifetime income, and conscious pain and suffering.
We Conduct a Thorough Investigation
We investigate all personal injury cases. There are several reasons for doing so:
- It helps us to gain a better understanding of the extent and severity of your injuries and your prognosis.
- It allows us to identify all liable parties who could be responsible for compensation.
- It helps us accurately value your damages.
Our investigation relies on several sources of information which could include:
- Collect proof of all damages
- Secure experts to understand your injuries and if you will need future medical treatment or lifecare
- Interview witnesses
- Review any police or accident reports
- Analyze evidence and work with accident reconstruction experts and other consultants as needed
- Get copies of relevant medical records
If someone harmed you out of reckless, careless, or negligent behavior, you have the right to seek compensation. A personal injury lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you through this legal process. For a free consultation, call (516) 932-0400.
Our Commitment to You
As a valued client, you receive these services from us:
- We keep you informed with regular updates on your case.
- We identify all liable parties.
- We communicate with all parties for you.
- We gather evidence for negligence.
- We determine a value for your losses.
A Floral Park personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you get the compensation you deserve. We even have a multilingual staff of Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada speakers to assist you. Please call for a free consultation at (516) 932-0400.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form