New York law allows you to hold another party liable if their negligence or carelessness caused your injuries or property damages. If you suffered injuries in an accident in New Hyde Park, New York City, or a nearby area and want to discuss your right to pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more, reach out to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today.
A New Hyde Park personal injury lawyer on our team will start working on your case once we are informed as to its key components. We take on cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay nothing out of pocket. We only collect attorney’s fees if we recover a settlement or award in your case.
In This Article
- Let Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Advocate for Your Legal Interests
- What Damages Can You Pursue in a Personal Injury Case in New Hyde Park?
- You Will Need to Act Quickly to Preserve Your Rights
- We Will Help You Understand if You Have a Valid Personal Injury Case
- Talk to a New Hyde Park Personal Injury Lawyer About Your Case
Let Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Advocate for Your Legal Interests
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., the interests of our clients always come first. Our attorneys are advocates for the injured and fight for compensation to cover our clients’ losses.
Our New Hyde Park personal injury lawyers offer support and will address any concerns you have as soon as possible. We also have a multilingual staff who will discuss your case with you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada if English is not your native language.
Our Key Legal Services
As a part of handling your personal injury case, you can count on our team of lawyers to:
- Keep you updated on your case
- Identify liable parties
- Communicate with all parties for you
- Gather evidence
- Determine a value for your case
We Also Work with a Network of Expert Witnesses
Not only will we conduct a full investigation and gather any physical evidence in your case, but we will also interview witnesses and, where indicated, work with experts to get a better understanding of the liability and causation of your injuries.
Experts we work with on personal injury cases include:
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Medical experts
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Lifecare planners
We Will Represent You Both in and Out of Court
Our New Hyde Park personal injury lawyers will likely try to reach an out-of-court settlement in your case before taking it to trial if a favorable outcome can be reached by doing so.
If the insurance company refuses to offer an acceptable settlement that covers your expenses and losses, we are ready and able to file a lawsuit in civil court, represent you in every step of litigation and argue forcefully on your behalf to a judge and jury at trial.
Our legal team works on a contingency-fee basis
Affording our legal services will never present any financial obstacle for you, as our law firm works for a contingency fee instead of an hourly rate. Through this process, we agree to:
- Only charge our attorney’s fees if we win your case
- Be transparent about our legal fees before we begin your case so there are no surprises later
- Take our fee out of your compensation award, so you never have to pay out of your own finances
A member at the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., office can explain our fee agreement system more during your free first consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving New Hyde Park, call 516-932-0400
What Damages Can You Pursue in a Personal Injury Case in New Hyde Park?
As a part of building a strong case for settlement negotiations or trial, our team will identify many expenses and losses you endured as a result of your accident and injuries.
These are the damages you suffered. They add up to the compensation we pursue on your behalf. We will pursue any damages you experienced, which might include:
- Medical treatment and any related care costs
- Future medical care costs related to your accident injuries
- Ongoing care costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished enjoyment in life
Should you qualify for other damages, we will factor those values into your compensation total. This process will be discussed with you in future consultations.
Surviving Loved Ones Can Pursue Wrongful Death Damages
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we have worked on many cases where the injuries were so severe, the victim of a personal injury accident passed away. If this has happened to a member of your family, we offer our condolences.
We will give you the compassionate support and guidance you need to hold the at-fault party liable for their negligence. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family of wrongful death victims. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
If you want to pursue compensation for your loved one’s death, you may file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit and demand compensation for the following types of damages:
- Funeral arrangement expenses, including costs for burial or cremation services
- Loss of financial support from your loved one, both current and future
- Pain and suffering experienced by both your loved one and family
- Loss of parental guidance and/or companionship
- Loss of consortium (These are the special types of damages, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is a wrongful death victim.)
Call (516) 932-0400 today to discuss your case with a caring, sympathetic member of our team. A New Hyde Park personal injury lawyer on our legal team will help you with your case.
New Hyde Park Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
You Will Need to Act Quickly to Preserve Your Rights
There are deadlines on how long you have to take legal action after suffering injuries in New York. Under New York state law, there are statutes of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death cases. These put deadlines on how long accident victims or their families generally have to file a lawsuit against the liable party.
These deadlines can be found in:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 for individuals filing personal injury lawsuits
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 for surviving family members filing wrongful death lawsuits
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214-A for individuals filing medical malpractice lawsuits specifically
When we review your case, we will explain the time constraints you face. There could be additional factors that give you longer or require quicker legal action. (As just one example, claims where a government agency caused personal injury typically involve a shorter deadline than cases against private individuals and entities.)
Let us help you navigate this process and protect your legal right to recover a payout for the damages the other party caused you to suffer. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin collecting evidence to support your case. Doing so can prevent certain time-sensitive evidence from being lost, destroyed, or invalidated before you file your case.
We Will Help You Understand if You Have a Valid Personal Injury Case
Our team of attorneys serving New Hyde Park will review the facts of your case, explaining your rights under New York law. If evidence exists to prove another person or company acted negligently and caused your accident and injuries, we are determined to uncover it, analyze it, and prepare it for presentation in front of a judge and jury.
Our legal team handles the following types of personal injury cases:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice and birth injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Slips and falls and trips and falls
- Truck accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
Members of the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., team are ready to take your call now. Our complimentary consultations help us determine the strength of your case and allow you to ask questions and better understand your legal options.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a New Hyde Park Personal Injury Lawyer About Your Case
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in an accident in New Hyde Park, the attorneys from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will evaluate your case for free with no obligation to sign up for our services. We will answer your questions, explain the strength of your case, and take legal action on your behalf when possible and necessary.
Our team of New Hyde Park personal injury lawyers also handles cases anywhere on Long Island or New York City. Call (516) 932-0400 today for your complimentary case evaluation and consultation with a member of our team.