There are few incidents more frightening than being attacked and bitten by a dog. A New Hyde Park dog bite lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will protect your rights and help you recover compensation.
Since 1991, our firm has recovered millions in compensation for our injured clients. We will do everything possible to pursue the financial recovery you deserve through the following:
- Keep you updated and informed about your case in several languages (our multilingual team is fluent in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada)
- Identify all liable parties
- Communicate with liable parties on your behalf
- Secure evidence
- Evaluate your damages
We are happy to meet with you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free, no-obligation consultation.
How We Help After a Dog Bite or Attack
A lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will review the circumstances of your case, evaluate your injuries, and identify who may be liable. By proving that the dog’s owner was negligent, you could be entitled to compensation for recoverable damages.
Many dog bite victims experience emotional trauma as well as painful physical wounds. We consider both your physical and emotional injuries we we work to assign a dollar value to your damages.
Here Are Other Ways That Our Firm Helps You:
- We help you understand the applicable New York law for holding a liable party responsible for your dog bite injuries. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency basis: you pay attorney fees only if and when we are successful in securing compensation.
- We gladly meet with you when and where it is convenient, including the hospital, home, or our office.
- Everything you tell your attorney is confidential and privileged information.
Please call us as soon as possible after a dog bite. NY § 214 sets forth the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit that may restrict your ability to get compensation for your damages. Cases have other time-deadlines as well. When you retain our law firm, you are able to let go of the stress of the statute of limitations and case time-deadlines and focus on healing. Additionally, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. now at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation and case review.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving New Hyde Park, call 516-932-0400
A New Hyde Park Dog Bite Lawyer Seeks Compensation
Dog bites are often painful and expensive. We will seek compensation for your physical, mental, and financial losses, which might include:
- Urgent care or emergency department visit
- Necessary medical equipment
- Doctor visits
- Surgery including reconstruction if needed
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost pay
- Pain and suffering
Dog bites can be life-threatening. If you lost a family member to a dog bite or animal attack, please accept our sympathies. Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will pursue a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on your behalf. We are dedicated to winning the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves..
New Hyde Park Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Hold Pet Owners Accountable for Attacks
How a Dog Bite Lawyer Shows Negligence
Here are some examples in which a dog bite lawyer in New Hyde Park could prove liability:
- The dog’s owner knew about prior attacks but did not take steps to prevent future bites.
- The dog had previously bitten other people or pets.
- The dog was unleashed in violation of leash laws.
- The owner did not secure the dog from unwanted interaction, such as jumping or chasing.
- The dog’s owner saw the attack but did not try to help you.
A dog bite lawyer will pursue the compensation you deserve. For a free consultation, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400.
We Protect Your Rights as a Plaintiff
Some dog owners do not take responsibility for their pet’s aggressive behavior. The owner could claim that you provoked the animal or are in some way responsible for the bite.
Our legal team will counter this falsehood with evidence such as:
- Photos and/or images of your injuries
- Photos or videos of the attack, if possible
- Prior complaints or reports about the dog
- Witness statements
- Police report (if authorities were called)
- Statement from your healthcare provider
- Expert testimony if needed
When You Know the Dog’s Owner
Any dog is capable of biting and attacking, even dogs that you know. Sometimes, a dog bite victim is reluctant to pursue compensation if he or she knows the pet’s owner and enjoys an otherwise close relationship with the dog owner. Our personalized approach to representation allows us to take such factors into consideration. Subject to the unique circumstances of your case, a dog bite lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can seek compensation from the owner’s property or liability insurance, with little or no negative financial impact on the owner’s personal finances.
You deserve legal representation delivered with compassion and respect for your situation. A dog bite lawyer with our firm is ready to help. Call (516) 932-0400.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recommended Action After a Dog Bite
Any bite or scratch that opens your skin should be treated right away. Dogs inflict serious and even fatal diseases through salvia and blood. These diseases include rabies and tetanus.
The Mayo Clinic suggests the following if you were bitten by a dog:
- Wrap a bleeding wound with a clean cloth and apply pressure.
- Have someone drive you to urgent care or emergency room (you may be in shock and should not drive).
- You may need a tetanus booster and other vaccines.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions on medicine and wound care to avoid infection or complications.
Call a New Hyde Park Dog Bite Lawyer After Medical Care
Your health comes first. After you have seen your doctor, an urgent care center, or visited the nearest emergency room, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. as soon as possible for a free consultation. A dog bite lawyer will help you get the compensation you deserve for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Call (516) 932-0400 today.