If another party’s negligence caused you or a loved one to suffer an injury, you might qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit in New York. Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will review your case for free, then begin taking steps to identify who is liable for financially compensating your damages.
We serve people in Islip and surrounding areas on Long Island as well as the greater New York metropolitan area. If your injuries limit your physical ability to meet with us, our member of our team of legal professionals will meet with you privately at the hospital or your home. As soon as you agree to work with us, a personal injury lawyer from our firm will get started on your case.
In This Article
- Injury Victims Have a Legal Right to Collect Compensation for Their Damages
- Our Law Firm has Won Over $250 Million in Case Verdicts and Settlements
- Your Personal Injury Lawsuit has a Deadline
- What Happens if a Plaintiff does Not File Their Lawsuit on Time?
- Call Our Law Firm Today to Speak with a Team Member in a Free Consultation
Injury Victims Have a Legal Right to Collect Compensation for Their Damages
Whether you suffered injuries in a slip and fall at Central Islip Town Center or got into a boating accident off the shore of Town Beach, an injury could upend your life and bring on severe personal and financial setbacks. As our team builds your personal injury case, we will account for as many of your damages as possible to reach a target value for your financial recovery.
In New York, you can recover for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Income loss
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Impaired quality of life
Keep in mind that these are standard examples of damages, but your case might include other types of damages, depending on how your injuries affected you.
We Also Handle Wrongful Death Cases for Surviving Family Members
Unfortunately, in some cases, the injured party might not survive their injuries. If such a tragic circumstance is what has brought you to this page, please accept our deepest heartfelt condolences. We understand that this is a difficult time. We would be honored to help you seek the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
If you lost a loved one in an accident that could have been prevented with proper care, you could file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. With this type of case, you may demand compensation for additional types of damages:
- Funeral expenses, including expenses for burial or cremation services
- Loss of financial support from the decedent
- Loss of guidance, love and affection, and companionship from the decedent
- Loss of consortium (These are the special losses, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is a wrongful death victim.)
- Each and every member of our legal team knows this must be a sensitive time for you. We will communicate with you patiently, compassionately and comprehensively. We will manage your case for you so that you can cope with your loss in private. We will be relentless in our efforts on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Islip, call 516-932-0400
Our Law Firm has Won Over $250 Million in Case Verdicts and Settlements
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we proudly fight for compensation for our clients, with some of our verdicts and settlements including:
- Over $10 million for a subway accident victim who had his right leg amputated below the knee after being run over by a subway train
- Over $8 million in a medical malpractice case involving a child who developed cerebral palsy due to malpractice during the birthing process
- Over $4 million for a woman who suffered a spinal cord injury as a passenger during a rollover accident
Feel free to read more about our recoveries on our case results page.
Our Team will Manage Your Case So You Can Focus on Personal Matters
When you become a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. client, our legal team will manage your case to allow you more time to focus on your physical and mental recovery, handle employment issues, and address other immediate personal matters. In the meantime, we will:
- Update you when new case developments occur, such as a new settlement offer from the other party or your case being placed on a court docket
- Investigate your accident to identify who to name as a liable party, which might be more than one party
- Handle communications with involved parties to your case, such as the liable party’s insurer or attorney
- Collect evidence to support your case, including requesting information from the liable party or reaching out to potential witnesses
- Calculate the value of your case based on your existing and potential damages
Our team will also address any concerns or questions you have about your case, as we understand how complex navigating personal injury law is, especially for those who have never filed a claim. Our mission is to have you feel confident in your decisions and trust us to represent your legal interests.
In many cases, we can negotiate a settlement for our clients. However, if we can’t reach a mutual agreement with the opposing party, we are not afraid to take your case to court.
Our Team Works with a Network of Industry Professionals Who Analyze Evidence
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we understand that certain aspects of your case could benefit from expert analysis. Our law firm has handled personal injury cases for over 30 years. In that time, we have established and nurtured relationships with industry professionals who lend their knowledge to support our clients’ cases.
If applicable, we will reach out to these expert witnesses to support your case:
- Medical experts who will comment on the severity of your injuries or whether malpractice took place during your diagnosis and treatment
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists who will evaluate your injuries’ current and potential impact on your income
- Life care planners who will address how your disability or health condition will affect your overall life
- Economists who will provide other financial analyses about your case
Should your case benefit from a different type of expert witness, our team will find someone who can support it.
Islip Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Your Personal Injury Lawsuit has a Deadline
If you intend on filing a civil action lawsuit in New York to recover compensation from a negligent party, you must do so within the legal parameters dictated by state law. Some of the critical statutes of limitations in New York include:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, for personal injury cases
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214-A, for medical malpractice cases
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1, for wrongful death cases
Other statutory rules exist for cases where a local municipality is liable or when the plaintiff is a minor. Our team will explain how long you have to file according to the statute that applies to your case, then prepare and file your claim in a technically correct and timely manner.
Click to contact our Islip Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Happens if a Plaintiff does Not File Their Lawsuit on Time?
If you do not file your personal injury lawsuit within its statutory deadline, you will have lost your opportunity to assert a claim and, as a practical matter, you will have absolved the opposing party of any legal obligation to pay compensation. This dismissal would mean that the financial responsibility of paying for your damages remains yours.
Losing the ability to have your case heard will also hurt any potential to negotiate a settlement deal with the insurance company since the threat of a lawsuit will no longer exist.
Respectfully, we urge you not to let this happen! If the stress and anxiety of dealing with deadlines and adverse parties, on top of the emotional turmoil of the accident injuries feels like just too much, please let us shoulder those burdens so that you can focus on your treatment, your recovery and healing process and rebuilding your life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Law Firm Today to Speak with a Team Member in a Free Consultation
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our legal team has won over $250 million in verdicts and settlements for personal injury victims. If you seek a personal injury lawyer to represent your Islip accident case, allow our team to serve you and prepare your case for trial. We will do what it takes to fight for the financial recovery you need.
Have more questions? Call (516) 932-0400 to receive a free consultation with one of our team representatives. Our staff also speaks Spanish, Kannada, Tamil, Greek, and Bengali.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form